Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG mandate - Sign up here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 6:18pm
Signed up. Well done lads
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Portal Portal wrote:

adding your name portal ?

No, not at the moment.  What is being proposed is a supporters club with a difference.  I'd like to see the constitution and rules of the proposed club and know who would be representing me before I'd put my name on a list which is going to be given to the FAI in support of an application by this club for official recognition.  I find it interesting that GerK's op sought to stimulate debate on here about the idea but there has been none.  Am I the only one with questions?

no it is not there is no fee , no crest and no intention to join the confederation, you give your consent that YBIG can speak on your behalf on fan matters as an independent fans that's essentially it

See above

Likely the mods on here and or a couple of other long term poster

Only that it can speak for on behalf of X No ST holders/away regulars

it would appear so - bottom line is you either trust the people here will do their best on behalf  of independent fans or you don't , if you don't fine

do you think the confederation is going to campaign for the 30% to be increased ?

It's all very woolly Newry.  You say there is no intention to join the Confederation but one of the stated aims in the op is to get a seat at Confederation events.  I'm not questioning the integrity of anyone on here but I would be reluctant to authorise self appointed individuals to represent me in a situation where they are operating without rules or restrictions and are free to make it up as they go along. I do not see the FAI or the Confederation facilitating this initiative and I would have serious concerns this could lead to the demise of Fans Direct the existence of which has facilitated many of us in getting tickets for France.    

Getting a seat or getting some influence is different to joining a confederation we have stated categorically we will not be joining the confederation - not least as we would have to become a club

contradiction - you either trust them or you don't, you clearly don't , that's fine

Maybe , maybe not, maybe if enough were on board we would be hard to ignore ?

LOLLOLLOL really how many points did the FAI confirm that you had ? what was the cut off points for euro tickets BTW  I must of missed the memo , how many people were ahead of you in the Queue ?

Portal this is giving people a mandate to argue for a fairer and more transparent system and to argue that 30% of the allocation is a disgrace, you are not tied for life, it is not the mafia, you can withdraw that consent and go your own way at any time

If you are content with the status quo then its maybe its not for you

Sweet Divine Jesus lads mind that we might upset the cosy arrangement that f**ked over the majority of regular travellers in Scotland.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Portal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Mr. Paranoid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 6:54pm
@newryrep Its not easy to follow your posts or be sure what point any particular comment relates to.  As regards the issue of trust I said I'm not questioning anyone's integrity but integrity and judgement are two entirely different issues. It is not uncommon for well intentioned people to make bad judgement calls and I wouldn't be in favour of self appointed leaders representing me in any circumstances or on any issue or level.  You asked me earlier if I would be putting my name on the list and I answered honestly that I wouldn't be at this moment at least.  I respect the position of the people who want to support this initiative but as I've said I hope it doesn't damage the little we currently have.  I think almost without exception the people who should have got sorted for tickets for France got sorted and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks and to the autumn when I expect to see the usual couple of hundred at the away games.
shoveonyournicks View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Ginger and proud

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoveonyournicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 8:09pm
Just to throw my 2 cents in. I'm 100% behind the initiative. I don't believe anyone should be at a disadvantage regarding tickets based on whether they are or are not in a supporters club. We all support the team the same. I don't have an issue with the idea of supporters clubs but I don't feel anyone should be forced to join one (especially the way some of them are being run)

I would have one concern. I don't think it should just be mods or long time posters from here representing people. If the idea is to represent independent supporters then all independent supporters who want to be join should be given the chance to have a voice regardless of when they joined the forum or how much they post.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 8:13pm
From the first post "All website users are eligible to apply for officer positions;"

shoveonyournicks View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Ginger and proud

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoveonyournicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 8:22pm
And later newryrep said that mods and long term posters would represent the group. Given that, to my knowledge, he is a contributor to the mandate I was just giving my opinion on the matter
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:10pm

@newryrep Its not easy to follow your posts or be sure what point any particular comment relates to.  As regards the issue of trust I said I'm not questioning anyone's integrity but integrity and judgement are two entirely different issues. It is not uncommon for well intentioned people to make bad judgement calls and I wouldn't be in favour of self appointed leaders representing me in any circumstances or on any issue or level.  You asked me earlier if I would be putting my name on the list and I answered honestly that I wouldn't be at this moment at least.  I respect the position of the people who want to support this initiative but as I've said I hope it doesn't damage the little we currently have.  I think almost without exception the people who should have got sorted for tickets for France got sorted and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks and to the autumn when I expect to see the usual couple of hundred at the away games.

On these two points, do you think the usual couple of hundred and the people who should get sorted will get tickets for Cardiff, when we'll have about 1,600 tickets? Even more so if the game means something for both teams, which it might well.

Just a reminder, if 30% of tickets go to SCs and Fans' Direct, that'll be under 500 tickets. Now, SCs have, I think, about 1,200 season tickets..... Fans' Direct at last count had two to three hundred (largely "the usual couple of hundred" you refer to).

So, using those maths, generously counting 300 for FD, pro-rating, that's 100 tickets for FD and 400 for the 1,200 SC members.

That means only 100 of the usual couple of hundred, who go to basically every game, home and away, would get tickets in Cardiff.

And you're prepared to stand by and let that happen? This is something that we need to talk about now, not later.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by shoveonyournicks shoveonyournicks wrote:

Just to throw my 2 cents in. I'm 100% behind the initiative. I don't believe anyone should be at a disadvantage regarding tickets based on whether they are or are not in a supporters club. We all support the team the same. I don't have an issue with the idea of supporters clubs but I don't feel anyone should be forced to join one (especially the way some of them are being run)

I would have one concern. I don't think it should just be mods or long time posters from here representing people. If the idea is to represent independent supporters then all independent supporters who want to be join should be given the chance to have a voice regardless of when they joined the forum or how much they post.

Well, there's no harm in having officer position elections.

Everyone who wants to have a position should outline on here why they want it and what they can bring, everyone who has signed up to the mandate gets a vote. It's simple enough to do.
Portal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Mr. Paranoid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:24pm
@SD - I don't think the system is right or fair or transparent but I do think the FAI or should I say Delaney learned lessons from Glasgow and I don't think we will have a similar fcuking up again anytime soon. You seem to be under the impression that all of the die hard regular away supporters are so called "independents" or ybigers but that's not so. I know plenty of sc members who are part of the hard core and that's even more so since the emergence of C88.
Portal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Mr. Paranoid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:31pm
Elections on ybig. That'll be the day. Like the MOD elections. JSL was banned for offending a MOD by referring to him in an e mail as a "so called mod".

Edited by Portal - 08 Jun 2016 at 9:32pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:33pm
Stop misrepresenting what I said: I quite clearly said "largely 'the usual couple of hundred' you refer to".... completely different to "You seem to be under the impression that all of the die hard regular away supporters are so called 'independents' or ybigers". I don't know whether you're doing that on purpose or whether you didn't read my post in detail; either way, that's not what I said.

Put it like this: is 100 tickets for non-affiliated independent fans enough? Not even close. That's the key point. Misrepresenting where I said "largely" to mean "all" doesn't answer that point at all.

We can't just hope that the FAI have learned lessens. They may well have; but we don't know for sure. If they have, great. If they haven't, we have to do all we can to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen again. That's the purpose of the mandate. A hunch, whether correct or not, doesn't mean everything is grand.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:37pm
NewryRep + 1
Babbsballs + 2
Daithi + 2
SuperDave84 +2
gufct +2
Sligo Hornet
Liam-in-germany +1
Drog addict + 3
Hickster74 + 1
caseballs
Seaniemac
Sbyrne + 1
Mr Stupid
Shakeyshamrock +1
redladd +4
thebronze
St.Pauli Reloaded2
HuntysCousin
OscarDelta +4
rolo
Deise316
AKOT +1
Mr & Mrs Claret .
coldzebra
colmoc
Muinteoir
Keitho5 +1
Drumcondra 69er +1
Cliff Richard
ShaneH10 +1
Lassassinblanc
The Boy Z
Gaz + 2
Bob Hoskins
Seanyshuffler
Honey Monster
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:38pm
This thread is going to get derailed now
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:43pm
Portal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Mr. Paranoid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:44pm
@SD - I have no argument with you. I am 100% sure the FAI will not respond positively to this and it is ill advised and ill timed.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:58pm
Fair enough. I don't see how it can hurt, but I see you disagree. Anyway, I think we've both said what we have to say.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:59pm
For the record, the OP was posted by myself but drafted by a few people. 

I would also like to point out I didn't create the google form so I ain't guilt of the errors Tongue
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by shoveonyournicks shoveonyournicks wrote:

soyn

I have no issue with any independent representing me ( Depeche mode fans notwithstanding), my mods long term poster comments were me surmising that the aforementioned would be more known  and thus trusted by at least some as opposed to someone who just joined as was stated it is open to all

For the record I don't envisage being a representative myself given that my works schedule but am more than happy to promote and back this intitative
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
  Share Topic