You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG mandate - Sign up here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 6:17pm
I was only making a simple point, no need to be passive-aggressive about it with phrases like "well done you". For some people, flights were cheaper; for others, trains were cheaper. It all depended when you booked and how much research people did to try and save money. You made a bald assertion that "It was cheaper to fly from Bordeaux to Lille than take the train," which was clearly wrong, or certainly less than 100% accurate. I was only pointing out that that was wrong and there's no need to be a d**k about it.

FWIW, there are plenty of ways of getting to Dublin for Ireland games, depending on exactly what part of the country you are coming from, even if it does mean some time off work. And anyway, all of that is irrelevant. The key point remains: there's no clear system for away tickets and there should be. Whether some people cherry pick games, whether it's harder and more expensive to get from Donegal to Dublin than it is from London: that's all irrelevant. All we want is a clear system that applies equally to everyone, whether they be in Donegal, Donnybrook or Doncaster. Also, awarding 7 points for a season ticket and 2 per away game is perfectly fair: it means if it comes down to it, anyone who goes to every home game will get tickets over people who only go to competitive away games. There are, on average, three or less competitive away games per year. That's only six points. Any system based on 7 points for a season ticket will reward those people better. There are very few people in that boat anyway.

Also, you assume that the number of points assigned actually has an effect on season ticket sales: there's nothing to suggest it does, when there is no clear system in place. If there was a clear system in place, we might know, but in the absence of evidence, we can't. Currently, no one knows anything about how many points they have or what system is applied. If we knew more, it might well encourage season ticket sales and a clear system might actually help them.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 17 Dec 2016 at 6:19pm
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Well done you I got flights 77 return Trains were 110 return when I started looking into it.

ffs

Look at me Daddy, I got in first!!
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 7:12pm

Living abroad saves you money and time on away days. Most use UK or Germany to get to games. So on the away days it is easier and cheaper to make the games on home days it's not and it's the other way around come home games. Fans that travel to both over the season make the same effort and this needs to be acknowledged.
The FAI are skint and need to reward those who attend games.
People should be able to but home tickets through their FD points.
I bet most of those who cherry pick home games missed Georgia and will have no problem taking time off and paying for flights for next 2 home games if not next 3 home games.

How about rewarding fans by introducing a universal fully transparent away ticketing scheme ? 😀
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 7:18pm
I said flights from UK are cheaper than trains from Cork. They only take an hour whereas travelling from parts Donegal Cork Kerry can take 4 + plus hours. Fans travelling from these parts of Ireland every qualifers is an away game usually involves at least 1 night in a hotel for homes.
For aways these fans have a record hour trip to Dublin then like most of us have to fly to UK or Europe for a connection to match city.

Where as fans living in Europe hope on a train for some games and arrive in hospital City in 2 hours sometimes.

Unless you live within 2 hours of Dublin every game is an away day. We all know people with STs living in Ireland where every game means an over night and under Newry Reps system if they buy tickets on a game by game basis they get 0 points.

Where as a lad living in Germany could have 12 points from 6 games for hoping on a train or bus doing an over night for the craic not out of necessity for going Gelsenkrichen 4 games at the Euros and Vienna.
While Paddy from Donegal does 11 home games over the same time frame can't afford many aways financially or holiday wise gets 0 points. Do you think that this is fair.
A game should equal 1 point weather it's Dublin or Tbilisi.
To encourage ST sales it should be 8.
8 seems a lot we could have 7 home fixtures in 2017 Wales Iceland Uruguay Austria Serbia Moldova and maybe a playoff or friendly added next November.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 8:40pm

I said flights from UK are cheaper than trains from Cork. They only take an hour whereas travelling from parts Donegal Cork Kerry can take 4 + plus hours. Fans travelling from these parts of Ireland every qualifers is an away game usually involves at least 1 night in a hotel for homes.
For aways these fans have a record hour trip to Dublin then like most of us have to fly to UK or Europe for a connection to match city.

yeah it takes an hour if you exclude

2 min walk to bus stop
5 min wait on bus
10 mins to Tube
30 min tube journey to train station
10 min wait on train
50 min train journey to airport
aiming to get there 1 and a half hours before departure
20min going through airport at other side
30 mins from arrival airport to destination

Where as fans living in Europe hope on a train for some games and arrive in hospital City in 2 hours sometimes.

an rarity of an occasion though yes it does occur , Vienna was likely grand for Salzburglily maybe not so handy for Steve Amsterdam

Unless you live within 2 hours of Dublin every game is an away day. We all know people with STs living in Ireland where every game means an over night and under Newry Reps system if they buy additional tickets on a game by game basis they get 0 points.

minor edit , they already have their tickets, they are buying additional tickets for the more than likely  'big' games, I don't believe they should get a a reward in an away scheme for it. Likely as not they are NOT buying additional tickets they are facilitating the buying of extra tickets. I myself 'bought' 6 adult and 6 kids tickets for Scotland Poland, I off course did no such thing I passed them on to friends who requested them and they reimbursed me. (face Value of course Smile) I don't believe I should get 'extra' points an away scheme

Where as a lad living in Germany could have 12 points from 6 games for hoping on a train or bus doing an over night for the craic not out of necessity for going Gelsenkrichen 4 games at the Euros and Vienna.
While Paddy from Donegal does 11 home games over the same time frame can't afford many aways financially or holiday wise gets 0 points. Do you think that this is fair.

He has done 6 aways - he has 6 points unless he has a ST in which case he has 6 points + his St points

if Paddy from Donegal has done 11 home games he would be better advised getting a ST with the 4 allocated points and although he would still be behind STH and away regulars he would have a good chance of getting to any away game EXCEPT the glamourous/easy to get to/most important one/oversubscribed one as 
the STH and away regulars would be ahead of him.
certain vested parties who we all know would be ahead of him

His financial or holiday arrangements are of course his own affairs.

A game should equal 1 point weather it's Dublin or Tbilisi.
To encourage ST sales it should be 8.
8 seems a lot we could have 7 home fixtures in 2017 Wales Iceland Uruguay Austria Serbia Moldova and maybe a playoff or friendly added next November.

I don't disagree in principle that a ST needs to be rewarded we disagree to the extent. My scheme does not prohibit new people joining ( ST are not compulsory which is what yours effectively is ) and does not too unfairly penalise those for who for reasons of location a season ticket might not be that practical.

The number of people who will suddenly become STH because its now more heavily weighted is in my mind non existant, now if there was a universal scheme and everybody was on a level playing field...... who knowsBig smile

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 9:16pm

I said flights from UK are cheaper than trains from Cork. They only take an hour whereas travelling from parts Donegal Cork Kerry can take 4 + plus hours.

Do you know many fans who live in the departure lounge of airports ?
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 9:56pm
Tom Hanks
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 10:57pm
An ST costs €138 for 6 internationals.Now we know CAT Cs make general sale so tickets for Austria and Wales bought game by game would cost €110.If you did one other game Georgia the other qualifer on the 3 Friendlies you would save money. If you didn't for the sake of €28 you have guaranteed yourself match tickets with an option that to buy 2 more tickets on presale.If you only did the 2 games you are getting 6 FD points for €28. Best value every for Harvesters.

Remember FAI are skint ST sales keep them going.

At the very least an ST should be worth 1 point for example every game on it. Under current scheme ST is 80 aways are 20 homes are 10. So this does not dramatically increase ST sales. Remember FD/SC 40% is split pro rata on ST sales.

Everybody who wants to attend homes without STs and aways should be able to apply for Tickets on their FD account and get their 1 point per game weather they buy 1 or 20 it's 1 point. Other 19 need to get their own accounts.

Every away 1 point (unless game is over subscribed then 0 or every applicatant successful or not gets 1 point) Not bothered which option would be used.

Is 4 years to far to go back 2 years might be fairer newer away fans would build up their points quicker levelling the playing field.

How many STH are in FD. Like SCs your ST numbers are lower than STs held.

You also need to find out FD % of allocations for Serbia Moldova Austria individually then get the average % per game. This needs to be added to SC % and this should be our guaranteed away %. Our % should be index linked to our take up of last 10 aways.

Our hard core away is less than 600 and most attending home games too.

Put all this together and no regulars would miss out and newer away fans with decent records would get sorted too

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 11:59am
There is no scheme other than feed the FAI fan boys/any patronising fella JD bumps into.

And if there was, do you not think purchasing a season ticket @ €140 to only attend the big games would be the same as purchasing three individual tickets at €50 a piece? In essence you are saying, the more one pays, i.e. through a season ticket, the more right they have to an away ticket which is a load of rubbish.

This is not club football. Everyone has a right to an away Irish international ticket regardless of the amount they spend on home tickets and should be done primarily/solely on attendance at away matches.

Edited by Pipkin - 18 Dec 2016 at 11:59am
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 12:12pm
Totally wrong pipkin a fair and transparent points based system for all fans and the football family. Where everybody is on a level playing fieldd as per Newry reps scheme. Missy is the opposite of yourself and he is drawing the thread totally off topic.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 12:23pm
Was just thinking this was the wrong thread for this debate. I will start a thread dedicated to a fair points system.
Hopefully others will not be afraid to comment.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 3:19pm
We should just do what every other association does instead of complicating things!!Sadly that doesn't suit certain agendas though
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 8:21pm

Was just thinking this was the wrong thread for this debate. I will start a thread dedicated to a fair points system.
Hopefully others will not be afraid to comment.

The only ones afraid to comment or commit is our own FA
pmn View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 9:24pm
NewryRep + 1
Babbsballs + 1
Alane
Daithi + 2
SuperDave84 +2
gufct +2
Sligo Hornet
Liam-in-germany +1
Drog addict + 3
Hickster74 + 1
caseballs
Seaniemac
Sbyrne + 1
Mr Stupid
Shakeyshamrock +1
redladd +4
thebronze
St.Pauli Reloaded2
HuntysCousin
rolo
Deise316
AKOT +1
Mr & Mrs Claret .
coldzebra
colmoc
Muinteoir
Keitho5 +1
Drumcondra 69er +1
Cliff Richard
ShaneH10 +1
Lassassinblanc
The Boy Z
Gaz + 2
Bob Hoskins
Seanyshuffler
Honey Monster
Eireland
Borussia
Guf
Horsebox +1
ShamtheRam 
The Saint
Shannonhibs
SalzburgLilly
kevincronin2000
TobymcClure
9fingers
Bo Jackson
Poznan7
Charlton's Child
Walsheman
Bru+2
Only2keanoes +1
London Rover
heighway2heaven
Ringerbell 
FrankosHereNow
bannerboy95
Paulie
Whitesideonside
Darmack
Diego
Jegg
brendy_éire
Lord Trap Junior Esquire IV
Rossieman
Mr Mojo Risin
Sheasy
Hans Moleman
Newrynyuk
Pmn

DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 12:36pm
Meant to do this AGES ago and forgot about it

NewryRep + 1
Babbsballs + 1
Alane
Daithi + 2
SuperDave84 +2
gufct +2
Sligo Hornet
Liam-in-germany +1
Drog addict + 3
Hickster74 + 1
caseballs
Seaniemac
Sbyrne + 1
Mr Stupid
Shakeyshamrock +1
redladd +4
thebronze
St.Pauli Reloaded2
HuntysCousin
rolo
Deise316
AKOT +1
Mr & Mrs Claret .
coldzebra
colmoc
Muinteoir
Keitho5 +1
Drumcondra 69er +1
Cliff Richard
ShaneH10 +1
Lassassinblanc
The Boy Z
Gaz + 2
Bob Hoskins
Seanyshuffler
Honey Monster
Eireland
Borussia
Guf
Horsebox +1
ShamtheRam 
The Saint
Shannonhibs
SalzburgLilly
kevincronin2000
TobymcClure
9fingers
Bo Jackson
Poznan7
Charlton's Child
Walsheman
Bru+2
Only2keanoes +1
London Rover
heighway2heaven
Ringerbell 
FrankosHereNow
bannerboy95
Paulie
Whitesideonside
Darmack
Diego
Jegg
brendy_éire
Lord Trap Junior Esquire IV
Rossieman
Mr Mojo Risin
Sheasy
Hans Moleman
Newrynyuk
Pmn
DangerHere
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 10:54am
https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/supporters-to-receive-65-per-cent-in-away-ticketing-structure

Great work from the Mandate Committee 

Edited by Charlton's Child - 25 Jan 2019 at 2:34pm
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/supporters-to-receive-65-per-cent-in-away-ticketing-structure

Get work from the Mandate Committee 

Seconded. Good stuff 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:08am

YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate Group - Statement on increased ticket allocation for away games

As all members of the YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate will be aware, we have spent the last year and a half meeting and engaging with the FAI on a number of issues.

Chief of these issues has been the below.

Firstly, to increase the current Fans Direct / Supporters Clubs allocation from 40% to a more realistic 70%. This is more comparable to other associations, some of whom reward fans with over 90% of ticket allocations. This would leave 15% for the football family and 15% for the FAI's selected travel partner.

Secondly, for a universal scheme to be brought in where all members of the scheme are treated equally. The abiding principle would be that the more away games you attend the more entitled you are to away tickets, provided you also hold a season ticket.  This would apply to independent fans and Supporters Clubs members alike.

As a result of these meetings, in addition to the FAI’s meetings with the Confederation of Republic of Ireland Supporters Clubs, the FAI have informed us that they are increasing the percentage of away tickets available to Fans Direct and Supporters Clubs from the existing 40% to 65%.

Although this is below our proposed 70%, we consider it a very positive step forward and welcome the FAI proposal. We believe that this decision is a reflection of the work that ourselves and the Association have undertaken to rebuild a working relationship.

On the second point, we have also been told that a more open scheme is being worked on and will be discussed in more detail at our scheduled February meeting. Obviously, we will not be commenting on this until we have had time to examine any new scheme in detail.

We look forward to continuing discussions with the FAI and CRISC in this regard.

As per our mandate, we will also continue to raise and engage with the FAI on any matters that affect independent supporters. Minutes from our January meeting with the FAI will follow in due course.

May we also take this opportunity to wish our members, all Ireland fans and the team, management and staff a very happy and successful 2019.

YBIG Mandate Committee

Eoin Byrne

Tony Considine

Paul Dornan

Paul Hickey

Ger Keville

Kevin McDaid

Siobhan O'Brien

Martin O'Meara

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 25 Jan 2019 at 1:36pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi