You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Hogan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 90>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'm pretty sure he isn't eligible yet.
he holds an Irish passport
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Makes it awkward to shake hands.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Quotes from O'Neill.

Speaking today, Martin O’Neill said he was hopeful the player would be available for Ireland’s next competitive fixture in March, but added that he did not want to rush the former Rochdale and Halifax forward into a decision.

“When I was speaking to his agent, he just wanted that bit of time in the international break because he hasn’t played an awful lot of games and he’s using that period to make sure his fitness is right up to scratch,” the Ireland boss said. “That’s fine, I’ve left that alone and we’ll revisit it after these games over the Christmas break.

I’m certainly going to be watching him and ultimately the player is the one who’s going to make the decision.
“I think after we played this game we don’t have a competitive game until March so there will be time to discuss it.”

The fact that MON is talking to his agent and not to the man himself pisses me off. Agents look after a players contractual and business affairs. An international call-up should be considered as contractual or business.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 10:09pm

Any links to this?
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 10:12pm

Any links to this?
He was called up to the under 21s with the intention of being involved, unfortunately he pulled out with injury.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Any links to this?

He was called up to the under 21s with the intention of being involved, unfortunately he pulled out with injury.
Yes and there was a tweet from his Twitter account in 2013 saying he holds an Irish paasport ect but he deleted it since
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 12:10am
The excuse of needing the international break for his rehab doesn't hold water.  He's playing the full 90 week in, week out now, so there's no fitness reason why he's not making himself available.  

I suppose it makes the PR of "I'm keeping my options open" a little more palatable. 

From an Irish perspective, you're almost hoping he now goes through a bad run of form, so England don't reach out in any manner.

Real shame as we could really have done with a pacy player like him in Vienna where we'll likely need to counter a bit more.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 12:28am

Any links to this?
NO he didn't , he pulled out to play for Rochdale instead that week ,which says everything really.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Any links to this?

NO he didn't , he pulled out to play for Rochdale instead that week ,which says everything really.
wow didn't know that. Thought it was through injury. Ye speaks volumes that really....
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

The excuse of needing the international break for his rehab doesn't hold water.  He's playing the full 90 week in, week out now, so there's no fitness reason why he's not making himself available.  

I suppose it makes the PR of "I'm keeping my options open" a little more palatable. 

From an Irish perspective, you're almost hoping he now goes through a bad run of form, so England don't reach out in any manner.

Real shame as we could really have done with a pacy player like him in Vienna where we'll likely need to counter a bit more.

Whatever about his fitness, there would be nothing to stop him saying publicly he would like to play for Ireland. His silence on the issue is not exactly encouraging.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:55am
Yep Unhappy
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 8:47am
window.post_1478162706087_15 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }
Seen leaving training ground in green shirt?Shocked
Is it a sign???

What does his star sign say today?

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Whatever about his fitness, there would be nothing to stop him saying publicly he would like to play for Ireland. His silence on the issue is not exactly encouraging.

This. 
I was hopeful before but is his heart really in it?

He doesn't seem 100% committed and if so then lets move on.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 9:51am
How many players nowadays speak for themselves?

Did Harry Arter come out after the whole Merson thing saying no I'm Irish he didn't.

The lad came out before the Euros saying he'd find it hard to turn down a call.

MON says he talked to his agent and got his number I'd imagine he spoke to him and I'd imagine he told him  exactly what has come out already. That he is just back from injury and would be using the international breaks in September and November to get rehab done, any lad on here who has had a bad injury will tell you a weeks rest and physio on an injury which was a serious as the one Hogan had is a wise move.

I'd say come next March  or perhaps even the Uruguay fixture in the summer  (As Hogan may want to have a full season behind him injury free) we'll know.

Judge his team mate has come out and I'd imagine he knows him better then any body on here has said he will declare for us- there has to have been discussions about it between the two.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 11:20am
Calm down lads, whatever happens happens. FOr what it's worth I'd agree with Judges sentiments that he's more likely to end up playing for us than not.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 11:27am
The truth is we don't really know what is going on and seeing as MON gave it straight about the situation with that fluteface Stephen Ireland, I would take MON at his word that it'll be looked at after the new year. He was never going to throw him on against Austria in a vital qualifier anyway as a debut.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 5:03pm
Obviously not completely keen on us. If he was keen there would have been comments from his mouth at this stage. 
The only way is up
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Obviously not completely keen on us.
Imagine that.

And him being Irish born-and-bred, to be sure...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 90>
  Share Topic