You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Music/Gigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music/Gigs
    Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 5:16pm
Will be doing the sound for this on friday night if anybodys around, Brady pub, terrenure at 9 pm
4 Irish singer/songwriters and 1 band... Free In

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 5:46pm

Good luck with this bud.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Good luck with this bud.

cheers
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Will be doing the sound for this on friday night if anybodys around, Brady pub, terrenure at 9 pm
4 Irish singer/songwriters and 1 band... Free In

the Podcast of the gig we released... just in case anyone is into this sort of thing
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 12:26pm
Got to see Bagatelle in a talk and show the other night and went to see Public Service Broadcasting last night. Both brilliant gigs. PSB are well worth catching if anyone gets a chance.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 1:29pm
I'm going to Elvana tonight, a Nirvana tribute band with an Elvis impersonator as singer...last I'm not sure what to think of that either, I've purposely not looked up anything of them just so I can take it as a new experience
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 1:54pm
Tuesday night Bodega (New York) playing a small club here

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 2:07pm
Good man Ooh Aah, good luck in Dandy's.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Tuesday night Bodega (New York) playing a small club here

Have started listening to them recently, came across them on the Festive Fifty. They are one of the best new bands I have heard in years! I also discovered they are playing a pub/venue less than ten minutes from my house next month, alas, it is sold out! 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 2:15pm

Got to see Bagatelle in a talk and show the other night and went to see Public Service Broadcasting last night. Both brilliant gigs. PSB are well worth catching if anyone gets a chance.
I should like them. I mean the Manics do, and we have similar tastes, but I find their music, even before you look at them, smug. Music should never be smug, unless it is jazz and that's why most jazz is sh*t.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I should like them. I mean the Manics do, and we have similar tastes, but I find their music, even before you look at them, smug. Music should never be smug, unless it is jazz and that's why most jazz is sh*t.
LOL

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 2:32pm
PM go see Slow Readers Club if they pop up down around your way Thumbs Up

Edited by LO SCIENZIATO - 01 Feb 2019 at 3:55pm
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I'm going to Elvana tonight, a Nirvana tribute band with an Elvis impersonator as singer...last I'm not sure what to think of that either, I've purposely not looked up anything of them just so I can take it as a new experience
I seen them at Kendal calling last year. I don't like tribute acts but they were really good. Superb for the first 30 minutes but then turn into your what you expect from a tribute act. 
They do a great mix of Elvis's "love me tender" and Nirvana's "rape me".
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

I seen them at Kendal calling last year. I don't like tribute acts but they were really good. Superb for the first 30 minutes but then turn into your what you expect from a tribute act. 

You seen the line up at the Kubix festival in Sunderland on the Saturday this year outstanding value at £20/25.

Clap

Kubix Festival 2019 Tickets @ Herrington Country Park ...

https://www.ents24.com/festival/kubix-festival-2019/5421575

Tickets and information for the Stranglers Big Country Prter Hook Cast, Echo and the Bunnyman Black Grape, Mike Peters and The Alarm etc at Herrington Country Park in Sunderland on Saturday 6th July 2019 from Ents24.com, the UK's biggest entertainment website.

Edited by Double Maxim - 01 Feb 2019 at 3:18pm
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 5:49pm

You seen the line up at the Kubix festival in Sunderland on the Saturday this year outstanding value at £20/25.

Clap

Tickets and information for the Stranglers Big Country Prter Hook Cast, Echo and the Bunnyman Black Grape, Mike Peters and The Alarm etc at Herrington Country Park in Sunderland on Saturday 6th July 2019 from Ents24.com, the UK's biggest entertainment website.

Peter hook on the Saturday would be good(I'd pay £20 just to see him) but I'm doing trnsmt in Glasgow the weekend after so won't be allowed out for two weekends in a row!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

PM go see Slow Readers Club if they pop up down around your way Thumbs Up
Listened to a bit of them earlier, they are decent enough. I hadn't come across them.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 6:13am

Clap

Peter hook on the Saturday would be good(I'd pay £20 just to see him) but I'm doing trnsmt in Glasgow the weekend after so won't be allowed out for two weekends in a row!

Its obvious who wears the trousers in your house!
Big smile
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 7:33am

Clap

Its obvious who wears the trousers in your house!
Big smile
You're right there! I've young children too so had to have a big cut back on the amount of gigs and football I go to. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic