You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Airport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dublin Airport
    Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 8:48pm
DAA going ahead with a 2nd runway. Will be interesting to see what new destinations come about as a result of this. Far East would be obvious. Maybe seasonal flights to S Africa as well

Edited by Denis Irwin - 07 Apr 2016 at 8:48pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:36pm
A hape of new transatlantic flights to new destinations and a load of connecting flights from all over Europe. It's the obvious option, given our geographic position. The number of long distance flights that fly near or over Ireland is huge and there is definitely a market for connecting transatlantic passengers, especially from the UK.

The reason we aren't a huge transatlantic hub at the minute is because so much of the capacity is used transporting people to and from Europe. With large demand for access to European cities from Dublin and back, DAA can't give loads of slots to transatlantic flights for transfer passengers.

However, with a second runway, and an effective doubling of capacity, not to mention the capacity constraints at Heathrow, along with the IAG/EI merger, and the spare capacity of T2, increased transatlantic transfer flights are almost inevitable.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:40pm
Vegas would be a route surely,Miami as well although think AL having been looking at Miami to regardless of a new runway but will help them. Dallas or Houston you would have to think would be on the list as well
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 10:53pm
A second runaway is a huge boost for Dublin, particularly IAG (The owners of Aer Lingus) Aer Lingus have a number of new A350's coming in to their line I'm sure they'll be delighted by the news. 

DAA should of been on Norwegian Air's case earlier, they're expanding in a serious way particularly to the USA with a rake of new 787 Dreamliners on the way it would of been ideal for them. They can't get enough pilots right now, but then with their terms and conditions i can see why no one is jumping for joy to sign for them. 

As for new routes, supply and demand, I don't believe a daily flight from Dublin to Houston would be cost effective DI another few come to mind would fit into that category, DAA would be safer aiming at the likes of the budget airlines to use it as a hub like Ryanair currently do. Gatwick is a prime example its bursting with budget airlines, Easy, Norwegian, Wizz, Ryanair. Norwegian would of been ideal with our prime location to the USA. 

Don't be surprised if Mr O'Leary decides he wants a few 787s in a few years and starts heading transatlantic from Dublin, to add to his already expansive european network, he'd nearly be able to connect the whole of Europe to the USA/Mexico via Dublin. 

Edited by SByrne24 - 07 Apr 2016 at 10:56pm
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

A second runaway is a huge boost for Dublin, particularly IAG (The owners of Aer Lingus) Aer Lingus have a number of new A350's coming in to their line I'm sure they'll be delighted by the news. 

DAA should of been on Norwegian Air's case earlier, they're expanding in a serious way particularly to the USA with a rake of new 787 Dreamliners on the way it would of been ideal for them. They can't get enough pilots right now, but then with their terms and conditions i can see why no one is jumping for joy to sign for them. 

As for new routes, supply and demand, I don't believe a daily flight from Dublin to Houston would be cost effective DI another few come to mind would fit into that category, DAA would be safer aiming at the likes of the budget airlines to use it as a hub like Ryanair currently do. Gatwick is a prime example its bursting with budget airlines, Easy, Norwegian, Wizz, Ryanair. Norwegian would of been ideal with our prime location to the USA. 

Don't be surprised if Mr O'Leary decides he wants a few 787s in a few years and starts heading transatlantic from Dublin, to add to his already expansive european network, he'd nearly be able to connect the whole of Europe to the USA/Mexico via Dublin. 

I remember reading Ryanair were considering this a couple of years ago and there was talk of transatlantic flights starting from £10. 

Think to afford that they were going to up the price of food etc on the flight but still a bit mad. Wouldn't of minded paying £10 for a flight to New York all the same. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 11:42pm
That would demand a complete business model change from Ryanair though. They are currently a point to point airline who do not offer connecting flights.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:02am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

That would demand a complete business model change from Ryanair though. They are currently a point to point airline who do not offer connecting flights.

So were Norwegian, who now fly to LA, New York Boston among other American destinations. Wouldn't require anything of the sort copy Norwegian simple as that, direct to Gatwick to New York from £200.

That's the next step in our industry budget airlines heading Long Haul, that's were our profit is mainly. I personally hope O'Leary sticks to flying to Ex Millitary airports in Europe.

Edited by SByrne24 - 08 Apr 2016 at 12:06am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:12am
Byrner how do you find DAA to deal with?  I find them not very accommodating and have trouble getting my Private 747 parked in one of the hangars when I drop in for Ireland home matches from my private island off the coast of Cuba.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:20am
Well... TJ, me and the Dublin ATC don't get along in a previous encounter were I managed to delay a few planes while holding short of Yankee Bravo I think, I was doing checks with the captain the cheeky bitch keep telling us to move and in future don't do this and that, she informed Heathrow ATC of our ignorance to return the favour we were circling for 15 minutes.

I think I'd be right in saying there isn't a hanger big enough for a 747 in Dublin by the way.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:23am

So were Norwegian, who now fly to LA, New York Boston among other American destinations. Wouldn't require anything of the sort copy Norwegian simple as that, direct to Gatwick to New York from £200.

That's the next step in our industry budget airlines heading Long Haul, that's were our profit is mainly. I personally hope O'Leary sticks to flying to Ex Millitary airports in Europe.

Wait a second, though: do Norwegian offer connecting flight service? Or do they merely run a number of point to point transatlantic services? I don't know the answer to that, incidentally.

If they offer connecting services, well, I stand corrected.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:25am
Dublin ATC:"Pilots usually move when I say so"
B
yrner:"Well,I don't"

And that was that
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:31am
You would think a well educated pilot could spell 'hangar'......
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:33am
I defiantly agree with you.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 1:02am
I think he is completely oblivated.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 1:02am

Wait a second, though: do Norwegian offer connecting flight service? Or do they merely run a number of point to point transatlantic services? I don't know the answer to that, incidentally.

If they offer connecting services, well, I stand corrected.

Both I believe, I know they to fly Puerto Rico, LA, SF, Florida out of Gatwick direct. For the likes of Guadeloupe and other Caribbean destinations as well as Las Vegas and Balitmore they're connecting flights with Norwegian. I beleive, Dubai might be connecting as well I'm not sure.

I can get to Puerto Rico from LGW for £129 each way with Norwegian, which is ridiculous.

Ffs, I use my phone mostly I don't pay great attention to my spelling or grammar on an Ireland fans football forum . Get over it.

Edited by SByrne24 - 08 Apr 2016 at 1:03am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 1:02am

Well... TJ, me and the Dublin ATC don't get along in a previous encounter were I managed to delay a few planes while holding short of Yankee Bravo I think, I was doing checks with the captain the cheeky bitch keep telling us to move and in future don't do this and that, she informed Heathrow ATC of our ignorance to return the favour we were circling for 15 minutes.

I think I'd be right in saying there isn't a hanger big enough for a 747 in Dublin by the way.

Maybe that was it.  Anyway I had to park it off near the St.Margarets side of the airport away from the terminals.  When I came back the next day some scrotes had nicked the wheels off of it.Angry
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 1:13am
What has using your phone got to do with anything? I would imagine most of us do on here.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Maybe that was it.  Anyway I had to park it off near the St.Margarets side of the airport away from the terminals.  When I came back the next day some scrotes had nicked the wheels off of it.Angry

F*ckin scrotes,can't park a plane anywhere these days Thumbs Down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic