You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Airport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 6:13pm
They saying you cancelled it or they KLM cancelled it 

I assume this is direct with klm and not through a third party ?

Opodo said my Swiss air flight to lux was cancelled when I knew it wasn’t  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 6:29pm
They’re saying that we cancelled it 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

They’re saying that we cancelled it 

Because you cancelled the card ? Surely they already took the money out for the flight you only cancelled the card because of tge ‘extras’ 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 7:01pm
Yea the flight was paid for months ago 
My wife phoned up 3 weeks ago to arrange an extra bag but didn’t get anywhere with them, made a tweet complaining 
Was then contacted by someone claiming to be from Delta/KLM and saying they’d take a payment 
Tried to take £900
Bank was alerted to it and we cancelled the card 
Then the day after the flight was apparently cancelled by someone on their website 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yea the flight was paid for months ago 
My wife phoned up 3 weeks ago to arrange an extra bag but didn’t get anywhere with them, made a tweet complaining 
Was then contacted by someone claiming to be from Delta/KLM and saying they’d take a payment 
Tried to take £900
Bank was alerted to it and we cancelled the card 
Then the day after the flight was apparently cancelled by someone on their website 

Sounds like a nightmare - only thing is try their customer service and explain good luck 

Edited by Newryrep - 03 Jul 2022 at 7:31pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 9:25pm
That's a awful story. Any hope of KLM rectifying it?

Heard more stories like this recently, scams where the scammer does nothing more than f**king over someone really, they didn't amke anything out if this did they?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 10:12am
Whole system seems a mess at the moment.
The brother was emigrating home from Australia last week - Got as far as Heathrow and his Aer Lingus flight was cancelled. They then couldn't find him in the system. Due to be on a flight from Heathrow at 2.30PM on Friday, eventually got back into Dublin at 10pm on Saturday. Still no sign of any bags. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 10:24am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The brother was emigrating home from Australia last week - Got as far as Heathrow and his Aer Lingus flight was cancelled. They then couldn't find him in the system. Due to be on a flight from Heathrow at 2.30PM on Friday, eventually got back into Dublin at 10pm on Saturday. Still no sign of any bags. 

He'll be waiting. Alot in transit in Heathrow aren't getting their bags when they get to Dublin. 

Personally, I wouldn't be checking in bags anywhere if I could avoid it (your brother obviously couldn't avoid it). It'll be winter before airlines/ airports start getting a grip of things (if even that)
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

He'll be waiting. Alot in transit in Heathrow aren't getting their bags when they get to Dublin. 

Personally, I wouldn't be checking in bags anywhere if I could avoid it (your brother obviously couldn't avoid it). It'll be winter before airlines/ airports start getting a grip of things (if even that)

It'll die down mid Sept to mid Nov then be mental again over Xmas.

As much a I'd love to get away I just couldn't be arsed traveling at the moment.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:16pm
Went out of Shannon recently.  No bother at all.  Highly recommend it.  Handy spin for anyone west of Naas. 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:30pm

Apparently, the bags are being checked in and left in the airport as there is no one to put them on the plane.

We paid to check in bags both directions, but have been told by multiple people that once you check that bag in, your unlikely going to see it again.

We then had to pay extra, again to bring our bags on as hand luggage.

One small obstacle out of the way.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

As much a I'd love to get away I just couldn't be arsed traveling at the moment.

If it’s going to be mental again at Christmas, the problem hasn’t been resolved.

Precovid, Dublin airport was one of the best in the world. Guaranteed only a few mins going through security, could always get a pint without queueing for half a day, it was clean, had a reliable transit facility, good reputation with businessmen and was clean.

They can talk about other airports, but problem in Dublin is solely down to mgt trying to cut corners and saving as much as they could throughout Covid. Even when things were picking up last year they delayed things by a couple of months in hiring staff.

They outsourced the cleaning and the airport is absolutely filthy. Would take a deep clean over a few weeks to get it respectable looking but then the issue is they’d have to keep on top of it.

They made a complete mess of the airport By being greedy which is an awful shame 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Apparently, the bags are being checked in and left in the airport as there is no one to put them on the plane.

We paid to check in bags both directions, but have been told by multiple people that once you check that bag in, your unlikely going to see it again.

We then had to pay extra, again to bring our bags on as hand luggage.

One small obstacle out of the way.

I had 2 bags paid to check in a couple of weeks ago - we brought 5 carry ons instead, no way would I be taking chance 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:48pm

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

If it’s going to be mental again at Christmas, the problem hasn’t been resolved.

Precovid, Dublin airport was one of the best in the world. Guaranteed only a few mins going through security, could always get a pint without queueing for half a day, it was clean, had a reliable transit facility, good reputation with businessmen and was clean.

They can talk about other airports, but problem in Dublin is solely down to mgt trying to cut corners and saving as much as they could throughout Covid. Even when things were picking up last year they delayed things by a couple of months in hiring staff.

They outsourced the cleaning and the airport is absolutely filthy. Would take a deep clean over a few weeks to get it respectable looking but then the issue is they’d have to keep on top of it.

They made a complete mess of the airport By being greedy which is an awful shame 
Lets not forget that the FF/FG/GP government willingly signed off on mass redundancies despite warnings about what would happen. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 4:17pm
Don’t know why anywan would check in a bag for a 1 or 2 week holiday. One 10kg bag each is more then enough. Carry her onto plane. None of that checking in nonsense 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Don’t know why anywan would check in a bag for a 1 or 2 week holiday. One 10kg bag each is more then enough. Carry her onto plane. None of that checking in nonsense 

I agree - though always had a baby or small toddler the last 10 years so always had to do the check in as you’re bringing half your gaf with one of them. Youngest is 5 now, so won’t be checking in again 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Pretty much everyone who has young kids has no choice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic