You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lowest of the low football chants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lowest of the low football chants
    Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 9:11am
Man Utd fans : I wish it could be Hillsborough every day

Liverpool / Leeds : Munich songs

Apparently the united chants were fairly bad in Anfield on Wed night. ..Not pointing finger at Utd fans, just using it as the latest example. Liverpool fans have been quick to comment about them on Wed night, but then the odd Liverpool fan on forums is pointing out that they sing about Munich in Old Trafford.
You can't say every club does it, but most do.
A few questions
Do the English media sweep this under the carpet ? Are they protecting the name of the Big Brilliant Premier League ? Afterall, there's fortunes to be earned from this league...and dieticians, physios , sports scientists, hotels, bars, players, executives, journos, tv companies, John Hartson, Andy Voronin, advertising companies, etc etc are making way too much money to discuss anything that might stop the crowds coming, especially the overseas investment from huge Asian companies ?
After any big game / Derby...go on a fans forum and inevitably they will discuss some of the horrific chanting....but it's never reported. BBC apparently noted it this week , for the first time.

Also why do fans do it ?.... Is it that in a mob, the morals and ethics settle at the level of the dumbest f**kers in the group.
I wonder was Iriwin a bit embarrased to be in the middle of it on Wed night at times ?

Liverpool fans have expressed their outrage at the Hillsborough mocking. Citing that many victims relatives were in Anfield Wed night
But the Liverpool fans still did , 'The Munich Airplane ' in the Sandon pub after the game.

athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 9:23am
Thursday night !!
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 11:21am
English football supporters, in general, are pond life.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 11:28am
Shamrock fans sl*gging of Simon Webb's death wife. An all time low for Irish football.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/rovers-apologise-for-fans-heartless-verbal-abuse-307599.html
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 3:06pm
Think I've probably been to about 10 or 11 Liverpool - United games going back to 1999. Hearing both Hillsborough and Munich songs was the norm at one stage. In recent times, I've noticed less of the Munich song being sung at games. Was always a minority anyways but had thought it had nearly gone away. Also had thought that in light of the events in recent years, that the Hillsborough songs had started to die out also. Thursday night was disappointing -Any large group will always have one or two idiots (and you have to be careful not to tar a whole group based on the silly actions of a few) but it wasn't just one or two on Thursday night.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Shamrock fans sl*gging of Simon Webb's death wife. An all time low for Irish football.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/rovers-apologise-for-fans-heartless-verbal-abuse-307599.html

Posting a story from 2007 on a website called breaking news - ironic or what!!
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:06am
Much as i turn into an absolute nutter for 90 minutes when an Ireland game is on whereas normally i'm a rather reasonable guy, i can't understand what possesses people to start singing about this kind of stuff. It really is the lowest of the low. There is a line that every sane person should know you just don't go across. The mind boggles Confused

I think a problem is too often when it happens it's used for point scoring, it's more 'Look at these sick United/Liverpool fans singing about Hillsborough/Munich, what a scummy club' whereas it should be 'these people regardless of club affilation are clearly very deranged individuals and should never be allowed near a football match again'

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 13 Mar 2016 at 12:08am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:20am
The German game when we bet them 1 nil in LR recently , one lad crossed the line when an incident happened and he shouted " you f**king Nazi's " we had 3 German guys in front of us that turned to him in disgust . He was firmly told off by many around him . Embarrassing to have a so called Irish fan beside us spouting that sh*te out . The mind does certainly Boggle
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:29am
Scousers awful for this type of stuff. 

United fans would be happy to chant going on the piss with Georgie Best for 90 mins, its retaliation. When you've one group of the stadium shouting something you can be guaranteed the other end will let their thoughts be known. A large majority of the stadium booed the English anthem in June, lets not carried away here we're all as bad as each other at football games particularly under the influence of alcohol.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

The German game when we bet them 1 nil in LR recently , one lad crossed the line when an incident happened and he shouted " you f**king Nazi's " we had 3 German guys in front of us that turned to him in disgust . He was firmly told off by many around him . Embarrassing to have a so called Irish fan beside us spouting that sh*te out . The mind does certainly Boggle

Worse at the English game. Piss taking is all in good humour, got a great laugh about the 'small part of England' chants at the Scots and 'whats it like to have a queen' but there were some lads at the English game who were just saying whatever bile came into their head. Worst part is you know they only came out because it was England and they were probably hoping it'd kick off. you wouldn't be seeing them at the qualifiers in autumn
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:41am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Scousers awful for this type of stuff.Β 

United fans would be happy to chant going on the piss with Georgie Best for 90 mins, its retaliation. When you've one group of the stadium shouting something you can be guaranteed the other end will let their thoughts be known. A large majority of the stadium booed the English anthem in June, lets not carried away here we're all as bad as each other at football games particularly under the influence of alcohol.

So if United fans would be happy to sing about Georgie Best. Why did they not do it ?

Booing an anthem isn't the lowest of the low...its not even an insult...you'd nearly expect it.

No were not all as bad as each other. No we are not.

I'm really confused at how they brilliant song about going on the piss with Georgie Best is called retaliation.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:47am
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

So if United fans would be happy to sing about Georgie Best. Why did they not do it ?

Booing an anthem isn't the lowest of the low...its not even an insult...you'd nearly expect it.

No were not all as bad as each other. No we are not.

I'm really confused at how they brilliant song about going on the piss with Georgie Best is called retaliation.

They do.. Sleepy

United fans were simply retaliating to listening to the Munich chant they love. 

Enjoy mass in the morning Fr Clap

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:56am

I wouldn't say it was a majority, I didn't either, and i wouldnt say we're all as bad as each other, i think i can speak for hopefully everyone on this forum when i say i've never sang a song about someone's loved one dying or something as awful as that. There's good harmless fun, then there's going on a wind up which is still grand, and then way way further than that there's that kind of stuff.

I'm a United fan myself, Liverpool nor United fans are 'worse' for it. By which i mean the overwhelming majority of fans of both clubs (and almost every club) abhor that kind of thing. It's not about which club is 'better' than the other because only 200 of us sang about your atrocity and 400 of you sang about ours. Most fans of all clubs would never sink as low. This day last week i went to a game in Hungary and saw 20,000 FerencvΓ‘ros fans do Nazi salutes, now there's a genuine scummy club

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 13 Mar 2016 at 12:58am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 1:15am
I know they sing it. I've sang it myself at a piss up with a few of my friends who support Utd. Brilliant song.

' They do ' and ' They did ' mean two different things....Id know this from my education being a priest. As prudish as we are (there's on line dictionaries for this word)
I must ask you these two questions
1) Why did BBC comment on the awful ???..That horrific Georgie Best Song ... Such a disgusting chant...' Spirit in the sky'... we hate talking about that in our priesthood.
2 ) Why did Manchester Utd condemn it ?

3 ) If you are in primary school and Daddy just told you a nicer versions of the songs, will you give Daddy back his phone please ?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 1:17am
' I wish it could be Hillsborough every day, When the fans go silent and the bars begin to shake '

That's yer song

Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 1:40am

Man Utd fans : I wish it could be Hillsborough every day

Liverpool / Leeds : Munich songs

Apparently the united chants were fairly bad in Anfield on Wed night. ..Not pointing finger at Utd fans, just using it as the latest example. Liverpool fans have been quick to comment about them on Wed night, but then the odd Liverpool fan on forums is pointing out that they sing about Munich in Old Trafford.
You can't say every club does it, but most do.
A few questions
Do the English media sweep this under the carpet ? Are they protecting the name of the Big Brilliant Premier League ? Afterall, there's fortunes to be earned from this league...and dieticians, physios , sports scientists, hotels, bars, players, executives, journos, tv companies, John Hartson, Andy Voronin, advertising companies, etc etc are making way too much money to discuss anything that might stop the crowds coming, especially the overseas investment from huge Asian companies ?
After any big game / Derby...go on a fans forum and inevitably they will discuss some of the horrific chanting....but it's never reported. BBC apparently noted it this week , for the first time.

Also why do fans do it ?.... Is it that in a mob, the morals and ethics settle at the level of the dumbest f**kers in the group.
I wonder was Iriwin a bit embarrased to be in the middle of it on Wed night at times ?

Liverpool fans have expressed their outrage at the Hillsborough mocking. Citing that many victims relatives were in Anfield Wed night
But the Liverpool fans still did , 'The Munich Airplane ' in the Sandon pub after the game.

Having Turkish Delighs bars thrown at us everytime I've been at OT wasn't overly pleasant
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 1:56am
f**k me that's serious bad luck......Every time youve been to Old Trafford you got a Turkish Delight thrown at you ?
My son supports Utd. Went to game with him before Christmas . Not a Turkush in sight. I don't like Turkish. He does.
That would be awful unpleasant. How many bars got thrown at you ??? And Every time ?..,How many times have you been ? That really is the lowest of the low. I hope none of them hit you or hurt you.

f**king bastards

Turkish aren't cheap either...Imagine if you went to a cup game at Grimbsy or Hull you'd be hit with cheaper chocolate. Now that would be low.

Easter coming bud...Be safe πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 2:31am

f**k me that's serious bad luck......Every time youve been to Old Trafford you got a Turkish Delight thrown at you ?
My son supports Utd. Went to game with him before Christmas . Not a Turkush in sight. I don't like Turkish. He does.
That would be awful unpleasant. How many bars got thrown at you ??? And Every time ?..,How many times have you been ? That really is the lowest of the low. I hope none of them hit you or hurt you.

f**king bastards

Turkish aren't cheap either...Imagine if you went to a cup game at Grimbsy or Hull you'd be hit with cheaper chocolate. Now that would be low.

Easter coming bud...Be safe πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

As a Leeds fan, I've not been to OT very often but the 3 times I've been post Istanbul, yea there were Turkish delight bars thrown not to mention the "Always look out for Turks carrying knives" chant.

As for the rest of your post Confused 

Edited by Blue Man - 13 Mar 2016 at 2:32am
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic