You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wexford Youths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 9:03am
Originally posted by nordlingen nordlingen wrote:

yeah great to get first point in Premier Division......another late penno...? albeit a tough set of opening fixtures.....hon the Youths...

Yes it is! But I think Wexford can still show the sign of improvement in the long way run
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
Sponsored Links

HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 2:26pm
Not much happening around here ei?
Figure you guys might want something free, too just like me to watch the game live

Edited by HelloBarry - 28 Sep 2016 at 6:16pm
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by HelloBarry HelloBarry wrote:

Not much happening around here ei?
Figure you guys might want something free, too just like me.

Fingers crossed on me winning a jersey X:

Games of Chance
www.ucdsupporters.ie
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 2:31pm
Blatant advertising. Should be banned.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:30pm
Have they actually had six players leave lately?
Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 1:22am
5 players and last years top goalscorer is supposed to have left don't know who he is going too.
get me out of hear
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Yellow Belly Yellow Belly wrote:

5 players and last years top goalscorer is supposed to have left don't know who he is going too.
All gone to New Zealand I thought? Really tough on Youths. It would have been a 50/50 game in the Play Off but you would think any of the 3 sides that could end up playing them will beat them.

Edited by Bitored - 08 Oct 2016 at 1:57am
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 11:16am
Danny Furlong not gone to New Zealand but has left youths must be pissed off not getting much game time lately. Can't blame him showed loyalty to club but not returned. New faces came in there recently, lads that got them out of First Division not wanted now youths will need battle harden experience players for playoffs.
get me out of hear
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 10:47am
Can't see them staying up now at all

You wouldn't think furlong will have much difficulties finding a new club
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 12:12am
Rumours Danny Furlong has "unretired" himself and is back with youths must have made up with Keegan.
get me out of hear
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 1:08pm
Lee Chin out as he has to go on the beer with his bog hockey chums. Amateur hour
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Lee Chin out as he has to go on the beer with his bog hockey chums. Amateur hour

This on its own makes a flaming mockery of the league of ireland.

But great for the drogs, shame he wasn't going to a dinner dance on Monday though
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:18pm
Shocking reflection on the LOI and terrible publicity.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:44pm
Read this on another forum by a Youths fan, puts it in perspective for me:

Let's just put a few things in to perspective here. Wexford Youths are a relatively new club and we're trying to live within our means. Something we should, in my opinion, be given more credit for than we are.

The consequences of being an amateur club means that we don't have full control over the service of players. In recent years, we forged a great relationship with Carlow IT, which meant that we had access to their best players and had use of their facilities and coaching staff. The head coach there went to manage Southern United in New Zealand and immediately offered contracts to 5 of his former players. It was unforeseen, unwanted and couldn't be rebuffed by Wexford Youths.

As for Lee Chin not being available this Friday because of the Gah thing, I'm not happy about that for obvious reasons, but I fully accept his decision and thank him for his services so far. You have no idea what a Gah hero he is down here and for him to offer to play for us broke down a lot of barriers in the county. I know for a fact that he was put under a lot of pressure from the powers that be not to even walk in the gates of Ferrycarrig Park, so to play for us shows the mark of the man

Last year, we had the same problem with Paul Cahillane from Laois. When he signed, an agreement was reached on which LOI matches he would play and which Gah matches he would play. Not ideal, but there you go.

Other players left us during the year because they were not getting regular game time. That's easier to take if you are getting a few bob at the same time. We don't have that luxury. Our best prospect, Ryan Delaney signed for Burton Albion and we could only wish him the very best of luck with that

Personally, this season has shown me that competing at the highest level on an amateur basis is not really achievable. However, we've learnt a lot and, hopefully, we can address these issues going forward. What can you do when you have a midweek away game against a top team and some of your players can't get the time off from the day job? We've always had a revolving door policy on players and I thank them all (except 1 ***t) for taking the time and dedication to play for us

Forza Youths
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 11:02am
While there is an element of truth to the above, its still small time. Its their biggest game of the season, he is either in or out. Whatever about a game, this is a dinner dance.

I recall Rovers making the GAA pay for a helicopter for Jayo Sherlock to make a Rovers game as he wanted to play a club match that morning. That is a 'compromise'.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:03pm
Kids in Wexford see Chin as their idol and a lot of them got their parents to bring them out to see him play football for youths.  Now he is not available to play the most important game of the year and he's going to a dinner dance those kids aren't interested in maybe getting a brief glance of him on TV they want to see him play live.  This is just another publicity stunt by him and his agent playing for the Youths was a publicity stunt because deep down he had no commitment to Wexford Youths Just himself and his public image as a sporting hero.  
This is a disgraceful decision by him and may come back to bite him in the future people can make excuses for him re the GAA but right is right and wrong is wrong.
get me out of hear
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:15pm
Will Youths retain his services?
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:27pm
He done them a favour by filling in for a few games at the end of the season. He owes Youths nothing.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic