FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wexford Youths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wexford Youths
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 4:59pm
Wexford FC get a break tonight with their game against UCD postponed because of pitch being unplayable. After getting hammered 8 - 1 by Drogheda on Friday night the Wexford management will welcome the break. Are Drogheda that good or is it that Wexford are that bad, I couldn't see this Drogheda side stick eight past any of the top four Junior sides in the Wexford Football League. Another result like last Friday night will turn even the most loyal fans away.  
get me out of hear
Sponsored Links

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:03am
Your right about It not being attractive if ur not getting paid but it's an opportunity for young players to showcase themselves in LOI. There is a lot of very talented young players in WEXFORD playing in the Junior league and its up to the Wexford Fc manager to find them and try get them to play for Wexford.
get me out of hear
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:00pm
Exactly, A trip to Ballybofey or Longford isnt the most appealing thing on offer to someone who isn't getting paid (apart from expenses).
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by deise deise wrote:

Wexford manager seems to be sticking to the same plan as last season recruiting from home soil. Looks like they be struggling again this year after losing to Waterford 4-1 last Friday. Wexford played 3-5-2 system they were very poor in defense and on the wings could be a very long season for their supporters. A friend of mine that supports them said Locke was happy with the squad he had put  together Shocked .

I've seen some of the Wexford Junior clubs playing over the last few years their Premier teams play at a decent level and do well in FAI junior cup and other cup competitions. Surely the manager can try and get some of the best Junior players to play for Wexford Fc and give them a chance of making a decent showing in the First Division.

Wexford Youths train in Carlow IT on Monday evenings, hence the picture of the lads standing outside the college.

Locke is a Kerry man who used to manager in the Carlow League, he has only brought in 3 or 4 from the league in total, so I don't get your "recruiting from home soil point" 

It's very hard to get lads to play for Wexford Youths given the lack of €€€ on offer, many of these lads are only getting travel expenses. 

You try getting a lad in his late 20s who works full time and has a family to support to commit to training 3 days a week, match every Friday in various parts of the country for fuel allowance.

Most of the lads playing with Wexford are only chaps still in college.  
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by deise deise wrote:

Wexford manager seems to be sticking to the same plan as last season recruiting from home soil. Looks like they be struggling again this year after losing to Waterford 4-1 last Friday. Wexford played 3-5-2 system they were very poor in defense and on the wings could be a very long season for their supporters. A friend of mine that supports them said Locke was happy with the squad he had put  together Shocked .

I've seen some of the  a decent level and do wellWexford Junior clubs playing over the last few years their Premier teams play at in FAI junior cup and other cup competitions. Surely the manager can try and get some of the best Junior players to play for Wexford Fc and give them a chance of making a decent showing in the First Division.
Lovely photo Deise and signing Carlow IT players gives Wexford FC access to Irish Internationals.
Wexford FL is a summer season as well.  Which must make it the league with the most hours of sunshine in Ireland.  An underestimated football stat and of course not promoted by leagues who don't have an opportunity of topping or finishing high up on that statistical table.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
deise View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 4:23pm

I've seen some of the Wexford Junior clubs playing over the last few years their Premier teams play at a decent level and do well in FAI junior cup and other cup competitions. Surely the manager can try and get some of the best Junior players to play for Wexford Fc and give them a chance of making a decent showing in the First Division.
bla bla bla
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if a few players from the Carlow League were snapped up by Wexford Youths over the next few months, there are certainly 1 or 2 minimum that would step up fairly comfortably to Division 1 level.

2 lads from Carlow signed with Wexford tonight.

Dean Kelly from New Oak and Mikey Byrne from Crettyard.

Dean Kelly scored 20+ goals from midfield last season, quality young player. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 11:18pm
Mark slater in hot water after a racist remark to an athlone player during the game last Friday.....supposedly the remark was heard clear as day by Wexford and athlone officials.hes dropped from the squad for this weeks game v cabintely and is likely to have his contract torn up at Wexford fc
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Yellow Belly Yellow Belly wrote:

None of them had a guardian angle in the fai.

Don't be so obtuse!
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 1:01am
None of them had a guardian angle in the fai.

Edited by Yellow Belly - 04 Feb 2017 at 9:59am
get me out of hear
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 12:02am
Why did all the other fooking clubs never think of this LOL
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Wexford Fc are now formed.

Is this part of a branding strategy or has the holding company been dissolved too and its purely to avoid the 200k bill from Wallace`s liquidator?

Oh I think we all know the answer to that one.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 11:07pm
JD told Mr Youths that the club couldn't be granted a license with d money situation.
get me out of hear
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 10:08pm

Is this part of a branding strategy or has the holding company been dissolved too and its purely to avoid the 200k bill from Wallace`s liquidator?
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 1:30pm
get me out of hear
deise View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 10:33pm
The club formerly known as Wexford Youths are I believe going to be called Wexford FC I wonder what's that for   
bla bla bla
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Wexford the first casualty of the season??

<div abp="786">200k tax bill. Look fcuked alright.

<div abp="787">They must have known it was coming? Their costs, as amateurs, must have been quite small, were they struggling with sponsorship?

<div abp="788">This could be wide of the mark, but what I`ve seen is it isn`t a tax bill its a debt owed to Wallace`s construction company and the liquidator is calling it in which would make sense.<div abp="788">If it that is true then it mightn't be Wexfords debt at all seeing as the Wexford league owns the ground.

I was thinking more along the lines of the whole set up. The stadium is so far away that it prevents a fan base. You wouldn't get groups of young fellas able to walk up to their pith.

Wexford Bus puts on free buses from the town centre for the short run up.  It adds to the build-up of the atmos.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 8:18pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Wexford the first casualty of the season??

<div abp="786">200k tax bill. Look fcuked alright.

<div abp="787">They must have known it was coming? Their costs, as amateurs, must have been quite small, were they struggling with sponsorship?

<div abp="788">This could be wide of the mark, but what I`ve seen is it isn`t a tax bill its a debt owed to Wallace`s construction company and the liquidator is calling it in which would make sense.<div abp="788">If it that is true then it mightn't be Wexfords debt at all seeing as the Wexford league owns the ground.

I was thinking more along the lines of the whole set up. The stadium is so far away that it prevents a fan base. You wouldn't get groups of young fellas able to walk up to their pith.

Edited by corkery - 15 Jan 2017 at 8:19pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic