You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Great Euro 2016 FAQ thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 12:16am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Lads did i read somewhere recently that the French train network are threatening to go on all out strike for the Euro's ?

Not quite, afaik. There are murmurings that there could be some strike action. I would be shocked if it was all out strike action for a full month.

They may be powerful but there is no way they could stage a strike for that long. For one thing, the union are very unlikely to have the money to pay workers to strike for that length of time and the workers are unlikely to put up with no income for a full month.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a day or two of strike action but an all out strike for a month is very unlikely. There is a petition for an all out strike but I cannot see it coming to pass.

Also, in previous strikes, a decent proportion of trains have run anyway. Those on strike are not all the drivers or all the signallers, only a percentage of them. If there are strikes during the euros, it is likely to be something similarly. For anyone with a train specific ticket whose train is cancelled, SNCF will almost certainly allow you to travel on any other train on the same route on the same day, although there may be some overcrowding.

I wouldn't be overly worried just yet, anyway, although it is something to keep an eye on.
Sponsored Links

HampshireDub View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 10:09pm
French love a good strike.
They already have a 35 hour working week the lazy bunch of beep !

Draw me a compass I need a MAP
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 3:03pm
Thalys are doing 20 euro fares just today for travel between now and September for any destination for anyone looking
Navan_Bohs View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navan_Bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 5:45pm
Two questions, wondering if anyone can help me out. I've looked around online but I'm no further on.

- Match programmes: Is there usually one programme for the whole tournament, or are there individual ones for each match? What way were they in 2012, and any idea of price? I have had a couple of people requesting them as souvenirs.

- Public transport: I read in a few places online that it would be decided closer to the tournament whether trams etc would be free for anyone with match tickets. Has anyone heard anything further on this recently?

Cheers.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 9:55pm
Actually best to put this in here as dont think many will read that other older Euro2016 info thread 

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Also this who may need to bring medication with them -

Are you travelling to ‪#‎EURO2016‬ with a diabetic that needs to carry an emergency rucksack with medicine and drinks?

The Welsh Fans' Embassy has been in contact with UEFA thar replied this morning:

They say that you should bring a letter with you from your doctor in your language and French if possible. They cannot guarantee the bottles of coke/drinks will be allowed in, but they are selling drinks inside the stadium anyway, so hopefully this won't cause a problem.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Navan_Bohs Navan_Bohs wrote:

Two questions, wondering if anyone can help me out. I've looked around online but I'm no further on.

- Match programmes: Is there usually one programme for the whole tournament, or are there individual ones for each match? What way were they in 2012, and any idea of price? I have had a couple of people requesting them as souvenirs.

- Public transport: I read in a few places online that it would be decided closer to the tournament whether trams etc would be free for anyone with match tickets. Has anyone heard anything further on this recently?

Cheers.

1) One for the whole tournament, it was 20 euro in Poland iirc.

2) Not clear yet, although it looks like it will not be included. In Paris, the carnet of 10 metro tickets is likely the way to go (there's more info on page one). There's a new poster who lives in Paris, seanachie or something like that is his username. He has posted useful info on Paris transport in the Sweden game thread and some of the other Paris related threads.
Navan_Bohs View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navan_Bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 10:03pm
Thanks for that SuperDave Thumbs Up had read up on the metro tickets alright, and glad to hear of there just being the one programme for all.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:23am
Lens supposedly having an alcohol ban not only for England Wales but all their matches

Czech Republic turkey Swiss v slbania according to bbc

As well as their r16 games

Fuk that avoid lens

Edited by Newryrep - 25 May 2016 at 8:24am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Brian_CCFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_CCFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:30am

Actually best to put this in here as dont think many will read that other older Euro2016 info thread 

Also this who may need to bring medication with them -

Are you travelling to ‪#‎EURO2016‬ with a diabetic that needs to carry an emergency rucksack with medicine and drinks?

The Welsh Fans' Embassy has been in contact with UEFA thar replied this morning:

They say that you should bring a letter with you from your doctor in your language and French if possible. They cannot guarantee the bottles of coke/drinks will be allowed in, but they are selling drinks inside the stadium anyway, so hopefully this won't cause a problem.

I'm diabetic and got letters in English and French. Majority of the time, I just don't bring my own lucozade with me and just buy something in stadiums. It's easier and way less hassle. 
Je vais en France!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:43am
I'm getting match tickets off other people. Do I need to provide my passport details for these? Was there not some thing that UEFA required? 

I don't fancy bringing my passport to the games. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Lens supposedly having an alcohol ban not only for England Wales but all their matches

Fuk that avoid lens

From the BBC website 

"Police expect between 350,000 and 500,000 supporters to travel from the United Kingdom to the tournament" Shocked

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 9:15am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Fuk that avoid lens

From the BBC website 

<span style="color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 22px;">"Police expect between 350,000 and 500,000 supporters to travel from the United Kingdom to the tournament" Shocked</span>
<span style="color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 22px;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 22px;">
</span>

Could be read either way they won't have that may at each game but wouldn't be surprised if England had 200k at each match
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
mafitz View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 11:51am
Just checking the Zone 1 10 tickets for €14 to get around Paris, what the best way to purchase these, are they easy to get at a Metro station, or buy online before travel?

déjà vu all over again
Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by mafitz mafitz wrote:

Just checking the Zone 1 10 tickets for €14 to get around Paris, what the best way to purchase these, are they easy to get at a Metro station, or buy online before travel?

You can only buy them in the machines, at any Metro or RER station, or from some counters (though not many stations have ticket offices anymore). If you're coming from either Orly or CDG you'll have to buy a 10 euro ticket into Paris (which will work on the Metro as far as your destination).
Belgian View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belgian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 2:01pm

All the tickets are provided with the name of the ticketholder. But I think, alot of fans buy bought a ticket from a ticketholder.

I readed that all persons will be checked on passport and ticket at the stadium.
How do you arrange, that you can entrance the stadium without problems?

If somebody experience with this case? 
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 12:48pm
Sure this has been asked before, 3 x St holders all with same code. cant all make 3 games so have swopped tickets between us. Can anyone see a problem with me presenting a ticket with my mates name on it ?  Could carry my ST card to match code on ticket.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 1:36pm
They are very unlikely to be checking IDs. It never happens.
Only2Keaneos View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Only2Keaneos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 1:57pm
There will be a lot of seats empty if this happened. I think they will be occupied with more pressing security checks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic