You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Great Euro 2016 FAQ thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 8:19pm
I'm fairly sure the scientific term is a f*ck-ton.
Sponsored Links

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 6:03pm
Does anyone know if alcoholic drinks will be sold inside the stadiums, and if yes will we be able to bring the beer to our seats? I know that there is no alcohol served at qualifying games but from what I remember reading about the 2014 World Cup and also from watching it on telly, Budweiser was one of the sponsors and as such was served at the games. Carlsberg is one of the sponsors this time round so I was just wondering what the story is.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 7:12pm

Not a hope alcohol companies have been sponsors of tournaments for years but drinks in the stadium will be non alcoholic. Being in france I'd say the pitch signage for Carlsberg will be their non alcoholic beer.

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 7:30pm
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/jun/11/john-oliver/john-oliver-says-fifa-pressured-brazil-lifting-its/

Seems FIFA did have alcohol sold at the World Cup stadiums. Maybe the non-alcohol rule is just a UEFA rule. 
Padraig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 7:36pm
They sold non-alcoholic Carlsberg at the Euros in Poland. I remember seeing a load of Irish queuing at half time at the Croatia game for beer - I'm not sure if they knew or not!
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Not a hope alcohol companies have been sponsors of tournaments for years but drinks in the stadium will be non alcoholic. Being in france I'd say the pitch signage for Carlsberg will be their non alcoholic beer.

In WC2002 at England games there was a ban on Alcohol, some English fans at one of our games asked why everybody going out as no beer, their shock reaction when they realised loads of beer just not at their gamesLOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 8:27pm
FIFA allow alcohol to be sold, UEFA don't.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 12:42am
Is there an official match programme or is it sold on a match by match basis?.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 11:52am
It wasn't match by match in 2012. I doubt there'll be programmes match by match here.

There was a shyte 20 euro job in 2012. Hardly anyone bought it.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 4:52pm
Cheers Dave nothing worse than carrying extra unnecessary items after an away day.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 11:16pm
And once again someone has unstickied this threadConfused
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Liatroim Red View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Longford Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liatroim Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 9:17am
I wonder whether or not there's been any any daft regulations published about taking flags into the stadium in Lille? I had a right old drama getting my flag into the stadium in Gdansk as is my flag was apparently 'too big'. They had tape measures and everything

I'll just go for the fat belly option and stuff it under my shirt if the French are as fussy.

Edited by Liatrom Red - 28 Apr 2016 at 10:20am
"I only ever hit Roy Keane the once. He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard." - Brian Clough
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Liatrom Red Liatrom Red wrote:

I wonder whether or not there's been any any daft regulations published about taking  flags into the stadium in Lille? <span style="line-height: 1.4;">I had a right old drama getting my flag into the stadium in Gdansk as is my flag apparently 'too big'. They had tape measures and </span>everything<span style="line-height: 1.4;">. </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I'll just go for the fat belly option and stuff it under my shirt if the French are as fussy.</span>
yes the stadium regs state the flag can't be more than a certain size iirc approx 5 x 3. Google Euro 2016 stadium rules and it'll be top of the list.

The state of emergency is going to be extended shortly to cover the tournament which will mean the French security around the stadia will be anal to say the least. Rightly so IMO given what happened recently.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Longford Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liatroim Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 10:19am
Thanks, found it: -

6. Prohibited items and conduct 

(l) banners or flags larger than 2.0 (two) x 1.5 (one and a half) metres. Smaller flags and banners may be permitted, provided that they are made from materials which are deemed to be non-flammable and comply with French law. All such banners or flags shall be proactively presented for inspection by UEFA, the FFF and/or EURO 2016 SAS;

I'm probably being thick here but how does the size of a flag threaten stadium security? It can be unraveled just as easily as a handbag can be opened. 

As a side issue, I'm likely to be more flammable than my flag given the amount of brandy I'll have consumed. 

All seems a bit petty to me.
"I only ever hit Roy Keane the once. He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard." - Brian Clough
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 12:29pm
Cloaking to prevent identification using CCTV, I imagine.
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 12:49pm
Will there be border checks and stops for us brethren that are travelling to France by road from the Benalux area?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 1:04pm
There shouldn't be, unless there is another terror issue in the meantime.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Longford Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liatroim Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 1:10pm
So I couldn't do the same with a 5 x 3" flag then...or a scarf for that matter??

I'm sorry, but it all sounds a bit ridic if you ask me. 

Think I'll just fold it in half and ask my mum to take a needle and cotton to it like she used to do on my school trousers. 

That's sure to flummox "les flics".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic