You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 143>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 8:18pm

"In 2014 the FAI received a grant of €142,500 from the Irish Sports Council under the 'Women in Sport' programme. No accounts posted since"

https://twitter.com/seidodge/status/849207606224834562

Surely a matter for the PAC at this point. Full publication/audit of the FAIs account should be demanded.

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 8:48pm
Wouldnt hold my breath while shane ross is involved, nothing ever came of the rio ticket scandal, bus eireann is a mess so few girls having to change in a jax wont float his boat.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Wouldnt hold my breath while shane ross is involved, nothing ever came of the rio ticket scandal, bus eireann is a mess so few girls having to change in a jax wont float his boat.
It is a very niche market though. Ross always struck me as more of a furries man.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 9:49pm

You would now once again question sue ronans role in the latest scandal. Surley firstly as manager and now in her new role she should have been demanding these basic requests from the FAI
To me that's the nub of it. If they asked and we're turned down then they are right to get stuck in. If not they are being manipulated by the unions and may regret it
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 9:32am

Our U17 women have drawn Netherlands, Norway and England in the UEFA finals in the Czech Republic next month.  I think we meet England in our opening game as we are B1 and they are B4.  

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 1:00pm

You would now once again question sue ronans role in the latest scandal. Surley firstly as manager and now in her new role she should have been demanding these basic requests from the FAI

Agreed, surely there is a protocol for all international sides travelling to away matches.

You would imagine the following would be the normal

Squad assemble either at airport hotel, or AUL Clonshaugh.

Light refreshments and squad briefing, and squad change into their travel gear. The only way of guaranteeing all squad are in the right gear, is by presenting it to them at this stage.

Bus to Airport.

On return to Dublin Airport, the reverse should happen.

Bus to Local Hotel or AUL etc.

Debrief, a few refreshments and change out of travel gear to be returned to FAI for cleaning and reuse.

I do not accept that the travel gear should be retained by the players, It needs to be collected, and washed and ready fro use for the next occasion. If players keep these travel tracksuits, no doubt they will be worn and not all players will arrive properly suited and booted for the next trip. Surely compensation for loss of earnings and out of pocket expenses is far more important.

Travel gear be it tracksuits, or other suits etc, should not be worn for training etc.

The only way someone should be changing out of there gear in an airport toilet, is if the are missing the debriefing on the way home, or if they have arrived late and missed the assembly prior to departure for the airport.

The above surely should apply to all squads be they male of female, underage or senior.

Obviously alternate arrangements would be needed for a player joining the squad enroute,

It would be interesting to hear what protocols are in place for other representative squads, and if something like outlined above was in place during Sue Ronan's reign.  If not why not.

I know nothing :-)
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 5:16pm
excellent article in the todays Indo by Eamonn Sweeney..

however the final paragraph is quite interesting..."Not one member of the men's team saw fit to send so much as a tweet in support.Not one of them was man enough to do it.Not good enough ,lads."

although i did read somewhere that James McClean did tweet his support.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 2:56pm
Nil all at half time. Roche should have scored pretty good crowd one stand almost full
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by nordlingen nordlingen wrote:

excellent article in the todays Indo by Eamonn Sweeney..

however the final paragraph is quite interesting..."Not one member of the men's team saw fit to send so much as a tweet in support.Not one of them was man enough to do it.Not good enough ,lads."

although i did read somewhere that James McClean did tweet his support.

seen that and james did support them........., its the womens team. many people don't give a sh1t...its good for media to run with it though as its against JD... and i'd say the ruggers and grab all assoc are delighted it didn't land on their doorstep
Come on Irelind
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 4:07pm
Girls win 1 0 Roche with a penalty but could and should have had a hat trick

Attendance given as 1035   would have taught about 1500 but always hard to tell

Edited by greenforever - 10 Apr 2017 at 4:07pm
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 7:45pm
A great day out today with the two kids. First senior womens game for them too. €9 in was a bargain. Little fella wasnt too arsed but the little one was in awe especially Steph Roche. Really enjoyed the game. Some great crunching tackles were made and alot of scoring chances mafe and missed, as gf said we shouod have been up by at least three more. Yer one McCabe was very exciting on the ball. Left with the little wan bawling as she wanted to meet Roche and get a picture with her but maybe the next day. Dont understand why these games are on awkward times though. Coukd easily get alot more there at a decent time of the day or at the weekend.
Chips don't bounce
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

A great day out today with the two kids. First senior womens game for them too. €9 in was a bargain. Little fella wasnt too arsed but the little one was in awe especially Steph Roche. Really enjoyed the game. Some great crunching tackles were made and alot of scoring chances mafe and missed, as gf said we shouod have been up by at least three more. Yer one McCabe was very exciting on the ball. Left with the little wan bawling as she wanted to meet Roche and get a picture with her but maybe the next day. Dont understand why these games are on awkward times though. Coukd easily get alot more there at a decent time of the day or at the weekend.

I'm guessing it's financial reasons

For Slovakia, the cost of an extra night for say 30 people is probably over €3,000.00

The reality is these games cost a fortune to put on and generate very little in gate receipts.

Having said that, given the schools are off this week, its a pity they didn't run buses from various local girls schools,  €10 a head return bus, match programme, and a bottle of tipperary water surely would have been attractive.  

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

For Slovakia, the cost of an extra night for say 30 people is probably over €3,000.00

The reality is these games cost a fortune to put on and generate very little in gate receipts.

Having said that, given the schools are off this week, its a pity they didn't run buses from various local girls schools,  €10 a head return bus, match programme, and a bottle of tipperary water surely would have been attractive.  

Yeah but for financial reasons it would make more sense to have it at the weekend. You could possibly fill tallaght. Parents are off work, kids are off school. Lucky enough i had to take today off so i could bring the kids. The fai coukd really do better here in my opinion. There are more and more girls playing now than ever before. Take advantage of it all and it can only benefit womans football.
Chips don't bounce
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 9:14pm

Yeah but for financial reasons it would make more sense to have it at the weekend. You could possibly fill tallaght. Parents are off work, kids are off school. Lucky enough i had to take today off so i could bring the kids. The fai coukd really do better here in my opinion. There are more and more girls playing now than ever before. Take advantage of it all and it can only benefit womans football.
There are similar calls made for the FAI to support the LOI.
If the past week has proven anything its that the FAI top brass couldn't give a fiddlers about anything outside of the cash cow that is the senior men's team.
They have no interest in anything outside of that and just pay lip service.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 9:20pm
The soccer sisters camps are on all over the country this week including today . There is no thought put into scheduling or promoting underage games and women's internationals.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 10:12pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 10:44pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 10:44pm

Girls win 1 0 Roche with a penalty but could and should have had a hat trick

Attendance given as 1035   would have taught about 1500 but always hard to tell

1000-1500 isn't actually a bad attendance though GF, especially considering the time of day the game is on at. There are many LOI 1st division clubs, and even a few Premier ones, that would be delighted with those numbers if they could get them every week. 

I don't know where the WNT play most of their games (is it always Tallaght/Dublin, for those in the know ?) but it might be a suggestion to do as the FAI do with the men's underage teams and start bringing them to provincial venues, with proper marketing, it might have a chance. No guarantee that would work, just something that may be worth considering. 

Seeing as costs are such an issue, might even be cheaper to put them up in a hotel in Sligo/Cork/Waterford/Limerick than Dublin too, they might even recoup some of the tracksuit money.......

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 143>
  Share Topic