You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 143>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:06pm
Love the effort of the Georgia keeper for the 4th goal......ah f**k this for a game of soldiers 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:18pm
That was a nice one from O'Sullivan....pick of the bunch this evening.
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:34pm
Heading for (if not already there) biggest home win by an Irish international team? 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:45pm
I saw it was 9-0 and thought f**kin hell and then switch throught he channels and England are 20-0 up on Latvia FFSLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:53pm
Amazing result - history makers
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:10pm
Wow 11 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:12pm
They've reqlly gotta make the goalposts smaller for the sake of female goalkeepers, they just don't have the stature to cover it 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

They've reqlly gotta make the goalposts smaller for the sake of female goalkeepers, they just don't have the stature to cover it 

and the misogynist is back.. how about you go talk about something else rather than coming into this thread with your patronising nonsense every time.. 

go compare the heights of: 

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:34pm
Great win, but all the same it's not good to see teams that would be reasonably competitive in the men's game like Georgia, Armenia and Latvia getting beaten 11, 19 and 20-0. It's not like they are microstates like Andorra and San Marino, they're similar sized countries to ourselves. Makes it harder to take the whole thing seriously when the gap in standards is as big as this. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

and the misogynist is back.. how about you go talk about something else rather than coming into this thread with your patronising nonsense every time.. 

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0614/1055381-size-of-goals-in-womens-football-a-debate-worth-having/ Thumbs Up

Edited by GreenDodger93 - 30 Nov 2021 at 9:38pm
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:45pm

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0614/1055381-size-of-goals-in-womens-football-a-debate-worth-having/ Thumbs Up

thanks for making this record-breaking occasion about you Thumbs Up
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:49pm

You made it about me LOL  I feel I have a valid point given the disparity in heights between male and female goalkeepers yet they still guard the same size goal. That above article couldn't make my point any better for me. Even has stats (albeit 2 different stats) on the average height of goalkeepers of both sex, and not just a link to the wiki page of the smallest male goalkeeper you could think of LOL
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:57pm
Result makes the home tie against Finland a six pointer - if we were to win that one, we'll be in a very strong position for the play offs. 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:00pm

You made it about me LOL  I feel I have a valid point given the disparity in heights between male and female goalkeepers yet they still guard the same size goal. That above article couldn't make my point any better for me. Even has stats (albeit 2 different stats) on the average height of goalkeepers of both sex, and not just a link to the wiki page of the smallest male goalkeeper you could think of LOL

I feel you are a misogynist because you only come on this thread to disparage goalkeepers and you made this about you because you posted about it on the night of a record-breaking performance when it had little or no relevance other than to make you feel superior and to disparage the game rather than celebrate an amazing result.. 

.. there's all kinds of sampling errors in that article you shared, using population averages rather than working it out on based on participation averages, not taking into account that taller women in the UK may be more likely to play netball/basketball etc. 
Also comparing Premier League (global elite league worth billions) to anything other than other elite leagues (Big 5) is not comparable, and it's even hard to compare between it and La Liga etc.. but sure, a single old article containing some arbitrary numbers that agrees with you (it actually doesn't, it says it's worth talking about, not that they "really gotta" ), is much more significant than my simple example to illustrate that height is not the only indicator of high-quality goalkeeping.. 

.. I wonder what other eugenics theories of sporting competence you subscribe to? 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Result makes the home tie against Finland a six pointer - if we were to win that one, we'll be in a very strong position for the play offs. 

absolutely! and the glut of goals is a nice bit of insurance if we end up level with them.. 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:02pm
Great win.

Stuck to the gameplan the whole way through, kept playing like it was 0-0.

Edited by Greenie50 - 30 Nov 2021 at 10:04pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Great win.

Stuck to the gameplan the whole way through, kept playing like it was 0-0.

Georgia were definitely poor and suffered with the sending off in the second half, but that shouldn't detract from how good Ireland were on the night - the amount of possession they had and chances they created was ferocious.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 3:48pm
Tbilisi in June, haven't been in a few years so should probably go. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 143>
  Share Topic