You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 138>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 7:50am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Hopefully those Australia tickets will still be available if I have no luck with the Ireland access code tomorrow.
Still haven’t received my code from FAI.

On Tuesday, November 1st, FIFA will supply country-specific access codes for supporters sales which will be distributed by the Football Association of Ireland via an application process.
Sponsored Links

newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Hopefully those Australia tickets will still be available if I have no luck with the Ireland access code tomorrow.

On Tuesday, November 1st, FIFA will supply country-specific access codes for supporters sales which will be distributed by the Football Association of Ireland via an application process.

Indeed.  But does this mean we will be receiving the access codes today (and if so, when today?) or does it mean FIFA will supply access codes today to the individual associations, who in turn will send it out... eventually?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 10:08am

Gone within a few minutes of my post above.  The final was still available in all categories last night.  

Some FIFA sales person probably thinks they are a genius for selling out the alcohol free area for our game v Australia.  

I am sure any regulars for the men's side will be okay re codes.  There are some who just follow our women's side and I hope they are sorted as they may not be on the FAI's database apart from maybe Tallaght purchases.  
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 10:35am

Indeed.  But does this mean we will be receiving the access codes today (and if so, when today?) or does it mean FIFA will supply access codes today to the individual associations, who in turn will send it out... eventually?
It clearly states that FIFA will issue the codes to associations today. It will likely then take a bit of time for the TO to collate the apps and issue codes. Although the email doesn’t state an exact date that this will be passed on, likely because they were unsure of numbers that would apply, the following should and probably does suggest it will be in the next couple of weeks once they sort it all. That email will likely have all the info you need. 

The deadline for the purchase of tickets from this allocation is January 13th, 2023,

cwh2018 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwh2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 4:16pm
I see scotland are playing games in November, is the ireland team trying to organise any games?
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 6:38am

It clearly states that FIFA will issue the codes to associations today. It will likely then take a bit of time for the TO to collate the apps and issue codes. Although the email doesn’t state an exact date that this will be passed on, likely because they were unsure of numbers that would apply, the following should and probably does suggest it will be in the next couple of weeks once they sort it all. That email will likely have all the info you need. 

The deadline for the purchase of tickets from this allocation is January 13th, 2023,

No codes issued yet!
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 8:44am
Yesterday was also the last day for season ticket renewal, and Ticket Office also have to sort Malta away tickets so there would be plenty going on in the office this week. I wouldn't worry that codes aren't out yet.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 10:42am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 11:25am
Would assume it's gonna be three tiers of 16 teams going by the last European qualifiers, and if any of the teams that didn't compete decide to enter they'll just add them to the third tier.

We're currently ranked 15th in the UEFA rankings so could be in the top tier.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 11:47am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Would assume it's gonna be three tiers of 16 teams going by the last European qualifiers, and if any of the teams that didn't compete decide to enter they'll just add them to the third tier.

No idea how it will work would imagine it would be similar to the Men's Nations League

Only 51 of the 55 European Nations took part in qualifying for the Women's World Cup (Andorra, Gibraltar,Liechtenstein and San Marino didn't)

Andorra are the only one of those 4 who are currently part of the Womens Rankings (Or least have ranking points)

With Russia probably still banned it would leave 50 teams competing so it will be interesting to see how they format it.

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by cwh2018 cwh2018 wrote:

I see scotland are playing games in November, is the ireland team trying to organise any games?

Just announced - the team will have a training camp in Spain, which will include a friendly against Morocco. 

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Are you confusing FIFA and UEFA rankings?  We are the 15th highest ranked UEFA country in the FIFA rankings.  However UEFA use their own rankings.  

Do you have a source for the current UEFA rankings?  Last I can find is Feb 2021 when we were 21st (20th excl Russia).  

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Just announced - the team will have a training camp in Spain, which will include a friendly against Morocco. 

And the squad will be announced tomorrow. I wonder will it include any of those recent contacts...?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 2:39pm

No codes issued yet!
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
cwh2018 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwh2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 3:33pm
He presumably just means we are the 15th ranked uefa team in the fifa rankings, you can filter the rankings by association on the website.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 7:44pm
Squad for the Training camp/Morocco friendly:

Goalkeepers: Courtney Brosnan (Everton), Grace Moloney (Reading), Megan Walsh (Brighton & Hove Albion), Katie Keane (Shelbourne)

Defenders: Niamh Fahey (Liverpool), Louise Quinn (Birmingham City), Diane Caldwell (Reading), Claire O'Riordan (Celtic), Hayley Nolan (London City Lionesses), Jessie Stapleton (Shelbourne), Megan Campbell (Liverpool), Chloe Mustaki (Bristol City), Áine O'Gorman (Peamount United)

Midfielders: Katie McCabe (Arsenal), Denise O'Sullivan (North Carolina Courage), Jamie Finn (Birmingham City), Lily Agg (London City Lionesses), Ciara Grant (Hearts), Lucy Quinn (Birmingham City), Aoibheann Clancy (Wexford Youths), Isibeal Atkinson (West Ham United), Erin McLaughlin (Peamount United)

Forwards: Amber Barrett (FFC Turbine Potsdam), Kyra Carusa (HB Hoge), Abbie Larkin (Shelbourne), Emily Whelan (Glasgow City)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 8:16pm
Only announced at 3pm today and flying out in Monday 🤔🤦🏻‍♂️
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 11:54pm
Great to see WNL players Katie Keane and Erin McLaughlin getting first call ups....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 138>
  Share Topic