You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 138>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Peter Collins is a f**king atrocious presenter Dead

Hes shocking. Sounds like a pub DJ doing a 21st.

They've Darragh Maloney on commentary tonight too, he needs to stick to the presenting because hes a brutal commentator.

Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:05pm
Get in. Quinn on her debut
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Get in. Quinn on her debut
Own goal in my book
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:18pm
Goalkeepers in women's football. Show me something more pointless 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:56pm
That the biggest won we've had in ages. Louise Quinn was immense 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

That the biggest won we've had in ages. Louise Quinn was immense 

Its the only win we've had in ages! We went into that having lost our last 7 games.

Excellent result and performance. Like you Louise Quinn was immense between getting the winner, blocking shots and making last ditch tackles all night. The female Shane Duffy.

Edited by Bandwagon - 21 Sep 2021 at 9:03pm
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:10pm
Yeah great result.....just what we needed heading into the game v Sweden in Oct.....COYGIG....
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:06pm
A bit scrappy at times in the first half but we were actually really good in the second half and controlled the game well. Definitely very encouraging with the four qualifiers coming up soon.
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

oh dear.. who let the misogynist out of their box? 

If I might suggest something? If you're not going to comment on the team or the performance and are just going to throw around disgusting outdated stereotypes then maybe try not saying anything at all - the only thing you're showing off is your own ignorance. you should be ashamed of yourself. 

Great game last night with a decent enough crowd at it and a really important win for the team. Pauw was starting to come under a bit of pressure in the media, which seemed strange given how they all clamoured for her to stay after the last campaign.. big games coming up so hope to see us getting off to a great start in the qualifiers - should be looking to pick up 4 points form the first two games if we can.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

If I might suggest something? If you're not going to comment on the team or the performance and are just going to throw around disgusting outdated stereotypes then maybe try not saying anything at all - the only thing you're showing off is your own ignorance. you should be ashamed of yourself. 

Great game last night with a decent enough crowd at it and a really important win for the team. Pauw was starting to come under a bit of pressure in the media, which seemed strange given how they all clamoured for her to stay after the last campaign.. big games coming up so hope to see us getting off to a great start in the qualifiers - should be looking to pick up 4 points form the first two games if we can.

To be fair, they do sort of have a point.

I enjoyed the game last night and it was a great results, but there were 4 clangers between opposite keepers.

And Ireland aside, there were half a dozen high profile keeper errors in the 2020 Olympics over the summer.

Same in the previous 2019 Womens World Cup summer before last.

Thats at the highest level in the game with the elite teams.

Theres nnothing misogynist about making a glaring observation.

It needs to be looked at, maybe the pitch / goals need to be made smaller to match their physical limitations / athleticism? After all the current modern dimensions of the pitch and goals were designed by men for men decades ago. Theres no shame in adjusting it for the womens game if it improves it. Theres no one size fits all.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

I enjoyed the game last night and it was a great results, but there were 4 clangers between opposite keepers.

And Ireland aside, there were half a dozen high profile keeper errors in the 2020 Olympics over the summer.

It needs to be looked at, maybe the pitch / goals need to be made smaller to match their physical limitations / athleticism? After all the current modern dimensions of the pitch and goals were designed by men for men decades ago. Theres no shame in adjusting it for the womens game if it improves it. Theres no one size fits all.

goalkeepers make mistakes in all forms of the game - see Travers vs Serbia for a recent example with our MNT.. 

There's plenty misogynist about pretending that female goalkeepers make more mistakes than men or that they are "pointless".. the poster could have said - "two poor keepers in this game" but they chose to generalise and have a go at the entire population of women goalkeepers.. that's what makes it an unfair comment.. you shouldn't need that explained to you. 

ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 5:07pm
Sure didn't goalkeeping errors probably cost the team a place at next year's Euros? 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Sure didn't goalkeeping errors probably cost the team a place at next year's Euros? 

sure didn't goalkeeping errors cost us a place in the 1994 World Cup quarter final.... 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:03pm

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

goalkeepers make mistakes in all forms of the game - see Travers vs Serbia for a recent example with our MNT.. 

There's plenty misogynist about pretending that female goalkeepers make more mistakes than men or that they are "pointless".. the poster could have said - "two poor keepers in this game" but they chose to generalise and have a go at the entire population of women goalkeepers.. that's what makes it an unfair comment.. you shouldn't need that explained to you. 

There is absolutely no pretending! It is statistically true.

I can back this up later with figures and highlights if you like? Or will I save you the embarrassment?

You bring up Travers vs Serbia, thats just one example in one game. How many more examples can you give of Randolph or Bazunu making an error in the last 5 years?

Because I can point to double figures of our womens team making a hell of a lot more in a much shorter period of time.

As I already pointed out, our womens team aside, this is happening across the board at highest level of competition among the elite teams in womens football its not exclusive to any one team.

Its why I alluded that it needs to be looked at. Most notably the dimensions of the pitch and goals as they were designed by men for men based on the size of males and not females 100 odd years ago when women werent playing the game. Theres upwards of a foot in difference between the average height of women keepers and men keepers. How can they expect to perform the same and cover the same ground with such an obvious height and reach disadvantage?

Theres nothing unfair or misogynist about recognising this because theyre all established facts.

GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:40pm

Oh stop crying. The standard of female goalkeeping is generally quite poor. It's rare to watch female highlights and at least one of the keepers not to make an absolute clanger. Not a slight mistake, but a proper howler.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:30pm
I need a safe space.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:51pm
nice to see the doubling down in here - any wonder there are few if any female posters making up yBig… if the only thing that’s going to be in this thread is average men making jokes at the expense of our women’s team then it’d be better to delete it

Watch any highlights show of any league and you’re guaranteed to see a keeper making a mistake.. perhaps the poster is aware that there are women of all shapes and sizes on the planet and also that the average height weight of all humans has increased since the dimensions of the pitch were laid down.. next he’ll be getting into “genetic advantage” theories and telling us it’s not racist or that eugenics is just “facts”

Btw Bazunu made a mistake that cost us a peno against Portugal, Randolph with an awful goal kick gave away a goal against Finland.. just a couple of recent examples..

Anyway, I’ve had enough of arguing with sexist idiots - I just hope you manage to keep the lid on the rampant disrespect around the women in your lives - or actually better if you let the mask slip so they see you for what you really are…
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:26am
A bigger issue than the standard of goalkeeping is the constant changing of keeper from game to game. No keeper has had a consistent run in the team. Brosnan is 2nd choice at Everton, whereas Grace Moloney was meant to have been brilliant for Reading. Pauw needs to make a big decision because not having a specified number 1 will come back to haunt the team in the qualifiers.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 138>
  Share Topic