You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Vera said after the Greece game when we conceded in the 94th that it would cost us in the end and she wss so right. Held on that day and 2nd spot would have been assured as Ireland have better goal difference  than Ukraine. 

Our away form let us down. Should have taken 4 points in Greece and Ukraine rather than one.

I hope Vera sticks around. It's clearly an improving team with potential.
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 1:41pm

Vera said after the Greece game when we conceded in the 94th that it would cost us in the end and she wss so right. Held on that day and 2nd spot would have been assured as Ireland have better goal difference  than Ukraine. 

We would have missed out to Ukraine on the H2H even with a win in Athens but the dynamic yesterday would have been different.  Kyiv ultimately was the big letdown.  We were far superior but conceded a bad goal and could not score.    
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:31pm
We have a superstar coming through very soon. She will be the difference between qualifying for a tournament. Mark my words
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:56pm
Is that the 16yo that came on as a sub? Ellen Molloy?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:59pm
A child from Whitechurch maybe?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

We have a superstar coming through very soon. She will be the difference between qualifying for a tournament. Mark my words

Is it your mum?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:51pm

Edited by ripbomb - 02 Dec 2020 at 5:52pm
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

We would have missed out to Ukraine on the H2H even with a win in Athens but the dynamic yesterday would have been different.  Kyiv ultimately was the big letdown.  We were far superior but conceded a bad goal and could not score.    
Was h2h not level? 3-2 Ireland at home...lose 1-0 away... therefore goes to goal difference
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Tribesman91 Tribesman91 wrote:

No. She’s a far better player. Already has the pick of the clubs in the UK. An unbelievable prospect who has all the tools to go very far
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

A child from Whitechurch maybe?
Nope! 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:53pm

Was h2h not level? 3-2 Ireland at home...lose 1-0 away... therefore goes to goal difference

No, if points totals are level, and h2h results, then next decider is away goals scored.

NI went through ahead of Wales after drawing 2-2 in Newport and 0-0 in Belfast, despite Wales having a superior overall GD.

Edited by Territorial - 02 Dec 2020 at 6:53pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 6:59pm

No. She’s a far better player. Already has the pick of the clubs in the UK. An unbelievable prospect who has all the tools to go very far

Passport, money, visa, anything else?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

No, if points totals are level, and h2h results, then next decider is away goals scored.

NI went through ahead of Wales after drawing 2-2 in Newport and 0-0 in Belfast, despite Wales havinfg a superior overall GD.
wasn't aware of that.. cheers
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Passport, money, visa, anything else?
Parental permission slip
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:11pm

Her first and second name start with T???
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Her first and second name start with T???
Nope!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:14am

I assume you are talking about Ellen Molloy who looks a real prospect. 

Qualifying for the World Cup is a massive ask but hopefully we will have a real shot at the next Euros.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:00am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I assume you are talking about Ellen Molloy who looks a real prospect. 

Qualifying for the World Cup is a massive ask but hopefully we will have a real shot at the next Euros.  
No I’m not   I don’t want to name her but she’s a year younger then EM. A different level to her altogether 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 138>
  Share Topic