You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2016 Tennis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 11:51am
Murray in trouble, Raonic dominating this game.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

On phone and can't embolden the bit about seeming a nicer person off court but how do you come to that conclusion?? Most of the top tennis lads all seem like spot on lads of the court - yep even Murray. The only one who didn't imo was Nadal but for all I know he probably was/is a top lad as well just never seen any articles or pieces about him to back it up

Anyway, just don't think Djok gets the credit he deserves, not just on here but in the media too as the whole hype around the game will centre on Fed again imo when let's not forget Djok came on the scene when both Fed and Nadal where at the peak of their careers and still beat them

Hopefully it's another win leading on to another major for Djok, he'll be catching yer boy soon enough

You make it sound like he came in and knocked them off the top and has been #1 ever since...
There is 6 years between Fed and Novak......  in tennis thats a huge gap. Fed dominated Novak when he first came on tour .... it was pretty even in the middle and now Novak is dominating an old Fed. 

As for Nadal.... its pretty even. In GS finals its 4-3 in Nadal fav and 9-4 in all GS matches. Nadal has been injured for the best part of 2 years....

Novak will never get the love that Nadal or Fed gets... His style of play is efficient but not that exciting.

Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:56am
The Djoker strikes again, good man.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:37am
Was only following on live score and bbc reports as thought they'd have on their website :/ but I hear Djok was sensational especially in first two sets

Edit flash scores

Edited by PhilliyK - 28 Jan 2016 at 11:37am
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:10am
Back in it now big time.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 9:39am
Very disappointing, game over
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 9:25am
How's team Fed looking now Sono??
An Tiobraideach View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote An Tiobraideach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:54am
Already looking bad for Roger-down a break and Djokovic is playin like a man possessed.
Still long way to go.
C'mon Fed.
His last fond wish had been fulfilled to lie in his native land,and the wild waves roll in peace again on the lonely Banna Strand.
An Tiobraideach View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote An Tiobraideach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Serena destroyed Radwanska in the first, who makes a fight of it in the 2nd set but Serena serves 3 aces in final game to win it in 2 sets. Would ye though?

Nope.....
Anna Ivanovic is my girl.
His last fond wish had been fulfilled to lie in his native land,and the wild waves roll in peace again on the lonely Banna Strand.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 7:54am
It's a shame today's match is the semi it's more than good enough to be the final but sure Fed would have to beat him at some stage anyway to win just tougher this way.

Should be a cracking match, Hon Fed! 🎾🎾🎾

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 7:37am
No

But would she give you the option HM?

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 3:55am
Serena destroyed Radwanska in the first, who makes a fight of it in the 2nd set but Serena serves 3 aces in final game to win it in 2 sets. Would ye though?

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 10:21pm
Federer 34 now, cant be long before he retires.

Frightening to think Djok, Mur and Nadal are roughly the same age and seem to have been around forever. Don't think we'll see players of this caliber again for a long time and they're still only 28 and 29.

Imagine trying to break onto the scene with these guys still around for another 5 years at least.

Anyway hope Murray does it this time round, shame to see him lose yet another.

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:53pm
On phone and can't embolden the bit about seeming a nicer person off court but how do you come to that conclusion?? Most of the top tennis lads all seem like spot on lads of the court - yep even Murray. The only one who didn't imo was Nadal but for all I know he probably was/is a top lad as well just never seen any articles or pieces about him to back it up

Anyway, just don't think Djok gets the credit he deserves, not just on here but in the media too as the whole hype around the game will centre on Fed again imo when let's not forget Djok came on the scene when both Fed and Nadal where at the peak of their careers and still beat them

Hopefully it's another win leading on to another major for Djok, he'll be catching yer boy soon enough
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

What's with the hating on Djok in here lads? Once more he'll beat Fed, not gonna say it will be easy as hard to call but Djok has the greater will to win usually

Not hating on Djokovic at all, just much prefer Fed as a player and he seems a nicer person off the court too, certainly won't be easy but I just hope Fed wins one more grand slam he deserves it, to be playing at the level he is at 34 years of age is just incredible, Team Fed Clap

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:09pm
I am sure Konta is a lovely girl, but please let her be hammered, I can't take any more fawning over someone who is as British as Saoirse Ronan.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:42pm
What's with the hating on Djok in here lads? Once more he'll beat Fed, not gonna say it will be easy as hard to call but Djok has the greater will to win usually

Fairplay to Konta as well, hope she goes on to make the final now and not only because Azarenka cost me a cracking quad last night by losing to Kerber (backed Azarenka win 2-0)

Edited by PhilliyK - 27 Jan 2016 at 8:42pm
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I think he deserves on Aus open after getting to 4 finals already.
Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic