You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Biarritz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:12am
Biarritz is a nice spot. It's fierce expensive though.
Also, during the summer, full of little rich sh**s from Paris who go down there to surf.  Like Lahinch being infested with Dubs.
Phillipe Bernad-Salles, the grey haired French winger from the 90s, has a great boozer there, the Red Café.
Sponsored Links

HampshireDub View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:18am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Biarritz is a nice spot. It's fierce expensive though.
Also, during the summer, full of little rich sh**s from Paris who go down there to surf.  Like Lahinch being infested with Dubs.
Phillipe Bernad-Salles, the grey haired French winger from the 90s, has a great boozer there, the Red Café.

Yeah its pretentious alright.

'Infested with Dubs' ?
It's Dublin money that keeps the place afloat 😉
Draw me a compass I need a MAP
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

Based here for the second game.

Presuming the trains are regular enough to Bordeaux on a Saturday morning.

Have not seen a lot released yet but wait nearer the time , but what i have see Beyonne seems to be a more important link to Bordeaux with more trains between the two .

Hey if SD sees this thread we will soon know Wink

The trains are not regular, unfortunately. There is one very early local train, over €30, and then a TGV about 10am.

You'll need to book tickets in advance and they'll probably be €28 each or so for the TGV.
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:36am
Getting the 2 30pm TGV on the Tues from Paris. €35 single.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Getting the 2 30pm TGV on the Tues from Paris. €35 single.
Yep we are on one around noon i think , hey had to pay a little more as someone wanted 1st class travel , no prize for guessing who LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 2:03pm
Anyone been to Biarritz before ? Thinking of going after the Belgium game or else head straight up to Lille . I Will be rough enough on the Sunday so wouldn't drive until later that afternoon and then it would mean driving all the way up on the Tuesday/Wednesday to Lille if I went to Biarritz . Hearing from a French lad in work that Lille is a good town with nice people . Decisions ....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 2:53pm
It's a decent enough distance down to Biarritz from Bordeaux, and it is in the wrong direction too.

It would make more sense to head there after Paris before Bordeaux, rather than after the Belgian game.
RoyD View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It's a decent enough distance down to Biarritz from Bordeaux, and it is in the wrong direction too.

It would make more sense to head there after Paris before Bordeaux, rather than after the Belgian game.

SD, I am looking at getting a train from Tours to Brussels on the 21st/22nd. Prices seem very expensive at the moment, its coming in around 80-90 sterling one way. I know there will be more train prices released in a few weeks.I am just trying to get an estimate cost before booking accommodation in Brussels .Do you know if there are any cheaper options?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 4:06pm
It's showing as €50.40 for me on voyages-sncf.com now, although you'll need to add a metro journey across Paris onto that.

There is a potential (but only a potential) that you might be able to get it for under €40 in a few weeks, but I couldn't guarantee that, and that would only apply if you were doing a group booking for three or more people. In any event, if you were going to wait to do that, I'd still recommend booking the Paris to Brussels leg now.

Journey details:
Tours 13:58 - 14:03 Saint Pierre des Corps 14:14 - 15:18 Paris (Montparnasse) - Paris (Gare du Nord) 16:49 - 18:17 Brussels

You can book it all now on www.voyages-sncf.com
RoyD View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 4:14pm
Thanks, i appreciate that info. 
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

We couldn't make it after Paris as we will travel to Tours for a night or 2 then we are into La Rochelle travelling south towards Arcachon before staying 2 nights in Bordeaux . I think we just needed to be told it was a bit much and I never looked into Lille and just thought it wouldn't be a great place but 2 separate people have said it was a decent place . Biarritz was just somewhere to go rather than going to Lille . Cheers

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 12:25pm
Right then , Mrs Claret booked the 7.15am train on match day yesterday for €37.80 now can get cheaper but she wanted first class . Anyway gets you in sometime after 9am and works out well really for us .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 12:50pm
Word of advice: if you are looking for Biarritz to Bordeaux tickets, have a look at Biarritz to Paris: it may actually, bizarrely, be cheaper. That 07:13 train on Saturday, for instance, is 25 euro to Paris but 28.10 to Bordeaux. The same is true of the 10:13 train.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:44pm
Live in bilbao and make regular trips there. Very nice spot. Expensive. Not France though. Basque County! Dont tell anyone there it's France!
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:05pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Thomson_d'Abbadie

Visit the home of a Dub when at itSmile

http://southweststory.com/tourist-attractions/abbadia-castle

OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:07pm
There is Biarritz / Bayonne and St Jean de Luz................... nice places and definitely a good place to visit.
Messi19 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Messi19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 6:06pm
3 of us flying from Paris on the 14th and staying until the 19th. We're on the early train to Bordeaux and the last one back after the match but might be interested in a bus if there's one being organised. Can't bloody wait!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic