You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interview Coaching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interview Coaching
    Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 4:06pm
Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who does this, particularly Competency based interviews. Looked online and its a struggle, I can't find anything. I failed a competency before and its not happening again. 

Thanks, 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who does this, particularly Competency based interviews. Looked online and its a struggle, I can't find anything. I failed a competency before and its not happening again. 

Thanks, 

Let's hope the first question isn't "Tell me about yourself" - Could get very confusing.....!

Seriously, good luck with the interview though.

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Thanks, 

Let's hope the first question isn't "Tell me about yourself" - Could get very confusing.....!

Seriously, good luck with the interview though.

I hate interviews, I hate talking about myself face to face Confused

Competency killed me on getting to another employer tbh wasn't prepared for it at all.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 4:56pm
Interview for which course/job

Edited by Gary McKay - 18 Dec 2015 at 4:57pm
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Interview for which course/job

It's for first officer at another airline chief. Useless at this
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 5:20pm
Whatever else you do regards preparation for the interview, just make sure you remember to picture yourself naked during it Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 6:24pm
Try Steve McClaren, He seems to do well in interviews and get jobs time and again despite the fact he is fooking useless.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:59am
Interviewing a few candidates for a job and this guy has this on his CV.

"Devoted special emphasis to punctuality and worked to maintain outstanding attendance record, consistently arriving to work ready to start immediately."
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:09am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

"Devoted special emphasis to punctuality and worked to maintain outstanding attendance record, consistently arriving to work ready to start immediately."

Means fook all these days if he's working from home!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:10am

Straight in the bin 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:19am

Is the Ra hiring? He sounds like a motivated young go getter. Sign him up!
El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:36am

Sounds like the type of fella who had "Full attendance award during 5th year" in the achievements section of the first professional CV he made.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:52am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Sounds like the type of fella who had "Full attendance award during 5th year" in the achievements section of the first professional CV he made.
So what he's really saying is 'I'm normally a lazy coont who has been told off numerous times in previous jobs for stumbling in at half 9 with a roaring hangover and threatened with the sack if it continued'. WinkLOL

As Vidic says, bin it. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:57am

Honesty is the best policy. 

Monday is just about getting through the day. Little is done. Tuesday is much the same. In fact, don't be annoying me until Wednesday when I start to warm up a bit. You'll get a half decent shift out of me on Thursday. The distraction levels are too high on Friday to anything meaningful or productive.

When do I start?
El Puto Amo
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Is the Ra hiring? He sounds like a motivated young go getter. Sign him up!
Of course they are hiring, they haven’t gone away you knowWink
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 12:42pm

Woah. Thats just some Grade A BS.

I remember a friend of mine saying that mentioning proficiency in Microsoft Word is often looked upon in hiring as the equivalent of saying "I can tie my own shoes". It is so basic as to be expected. But what you've just received  is exceptional. Punctuality is not a virtue, nor is it something to put on a CV. It is a basic tenet of employment, and a simple expectation.

Modern CV's seem to focus on deliver and achievement specific to the role.  More often than not good CV's tend to be less than two pages, not an exhaustive list of jobs and career progression, and focus on achievement in skills relevant to the job. This like punctuality have no place on a CV. The same as buzzwords like "motivated", "hard-working", "determined" etc. Ditto the wasted ink and page space for the pointless "References available on request" entry.

Edited by Het-field - 10 Dec 2020 at 12:43pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It's an engineering job - his CV is outrageous.

He also had this - Awarded as the Golden Mushroom for the year 2019-2020

His CV is like something out of a brochure.

Edited by horsebox - 10 Dec 2020 at 12:57pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 12:59pm
Hmmmm.

Edited by Het-field - 10 Dec 2020 at 1:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic