You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2016 Fixtures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D5Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 Fixtures
    Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:45pm
Anyone know when they are due to released ?
SRFC Dublin.
Sponsored Links

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 10:39am
Next week I heard.
Theres only one sport that matters..
Dundrum Rover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dundrum Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 12:09pm
Finn Harps away please, make it an overnighter
1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 4:29pm
Not before time...

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 4:36pm
Hope any club thats in trouble during the euros gets more help than Monaghan did in 2012
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Hope any club thats in trouble during the euros gets more help than Monaghan did in 2012
WAAAAYYYY off tangent, but what 'help' could and should have been forthcoming?
Dundrum Rover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dundrum Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:19pm
Tempted to go to France with the ole ole'ers but away in Europe with the hoops is just to special.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:25pm

Monaghan were a dead duck with no fan base.
Folding because of a 6k debt? Alot of Premier clubs are running up somethinge similar every week.
The club's that folded were mostly basket cases who were taken over by ejjits that had no clue what they were doing e.g cork and Galway or were parachuting players in from Dublin instead of harnessing local talent and building a bit of community support e.g monaghan,Killenny and Kildare.
The Wexford youths model is the way to go,I wish them every success because it will show up fools that were running these ex league clubs.
FAI aren't blameless but neither are the fecking clubs!

Edited by Bitored - 17 Dec 2015 at 5:26pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:26pm
the club were struggling financially at the time but yet they were asked to cough up referee fees for the rest of the season, afaik no other club was asked to do this. I am open to correction on this.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:27pm

the club were struggling financially at the time but yet they were asked to cough up referee fees for the rest of the season, afaik no other club was asked to do this. I am open to correction on this.

Exactly, no one knows what went on but it's fun to speculate and ignore a few unpalatable facts.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 6:37pm
If you lads are happy enough that the clown supposed to be running the league was w**kered, shoeless in a square in Poland getting the bumps whilst a club went out of business then I don't know. When we were going under JD hot footed it to Derry, I suppose we should be grateful that our implosion did not clash with his social life .
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

If you lads are happy enough that the clown supposed to be running the league was w**kered, shoeless in a square in Poland getting the bumps whilst a club went out of business then I don't know. When we were going under JD hot footed it to Derry, I suppose we should be grateful that our implosion did not clash with his social life .

I never said I was happy with any of JDs carry on but I don't know what anyone could have done for Monaghan.
A 6k debt was the very least of their problems. That somehow if they were subbed it they would now be a LOI stalwart is nonsense.
They always had terrible attendances and were spending beyond their means in an effort to stay in the Premier. So their debts were only going to increase. That was the main reason they folded. Coupled with my earlier point where they were parachuting players in from Dublin at great expense and it was only ever going to go one way.
Say if they had been subbed that 6k, say when the next bill came in for E20k. Would the FAI be obliged to pay those?

Edited by Bitored - 17 Dec 2015 at 7:26pm
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 7:53pm
We were £1m in debt and used fake contracts , we were accomodated...I think monaghan could have expected more help
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:22am

We were £1m in debt and used fake contracts , we were accomodated...I think monaghan could have expected more help

That's it. Come to an arrangement and see out the season and take it from there. Like Galway did the year before. They may have lost nearly every game but to their credit they played every game.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 1:29pm

And if he was in Dublin, what would have been different?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 5:42pm
Out tomorrow apparently
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 1:52pm
Tomorrow at 11am according to bray
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 10:29am

Your situation was very unique and had so many tangents that needed to be looked at. Mons just threw the toys out of the pram and folded one of their teams and timed it knowing the FAI were in Poland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic