You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Rochelle (Page 17 for Facebook tips page)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeiseDavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:12pm
Bit of a long shot lads but did anyone come across a black wallet in La Rochelle yesterday? Only a few cards in it. I was down around the General Humbert/stage area.
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 8:19pm
What can I say but top place ever big thanks to Nico and pepe bourdel best craic ever away⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️☘☘☘☘😂😂😂😂
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Gallowgate 67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallowgate 67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 3:32pm
Great Spot Thanks Tommy for the super Rugby coach!!!!!:-) (and for waiting for the two friends)
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:19pm
Now that the dust has settled, does anyone know roughly how many Irish stayed in La Rochelle during Euro 2016?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Now that the dust has settled, does anyone know roughly how many Irish stayed in La Rochelle during Euro 2016?

I heard 1,500. Seemed about that to me.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 5:54pm
La Rochelle was bursting at the seams X for 6 days hell of a lot more than 1,500 . Upwards of 10,000 Irish stayed there some for a night or two and some for the full 6/7 days with Wednesday seeing the biggest crowd .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 5:58pm
pretty sure the barman in General Humbert's said around 5,000 passed through in the seven days around the Belgium game, this was the night after the game
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 5:03pm

200,000 pints were served for the week in General Humbert's according to a local paper last week.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

La Rochelle was bursting at the seams X for 6 days hell of a lot more than 1,500 . Upwards of 10,000 Irish stayed there some for a night or two and some for the full 6/7 days with Wednesday seeing the biggest crowd .

I was there Tuesday till Friday, was taking 1,500 as an average. Hard to judge. Thursday was far busier than Wednesday though, no question about that.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

200,000 pints were served for the week in General Humbert's according to a local paper last week.

So 1500 sounds about right then LOL
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 6:36pm

Not bad going for 5,000 people.

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 6:58pm
There has to be a 0 too many in there FW. 200.000 would be 1M turnover. No way that is possible.
That would also mean 100.000L in kegs. That's 2000 kegs of 50L, so 400 per day. Not possible.

If we take a 0 off everything it makes more sense. Still an awfull lot then though.

1500 my daily estimate too to be honest. It was comfortable busy, and many of the bars and restaurants and shops all benefitted. 2000-2500 in town on the Wednesday I reckon.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 8:28pm

definitely a mistake, based on Irish kegs, and the pub open for 12 hours a day for the 6 days it would be 31 kegs an hour.

definitely a lot smaller crowd than in Torun, I would say 1,500 a day more like it.

Still a beautiful town.
I know nothing :-)
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

There has to be a 0 too many in there FW. 200.000 would be 1M turnover. No way that is possible.
That would also mean 100.000L in kegs. That's 2000 kegs of 50L, so 400 per day. Not possible.

If we take a 0 off everything it makes more sense. Still an awfull lot then though.

1500 my daily estimate too to be honest. It was comfortable busy, and many of the bars and restaurants and shops all benefitted. 2000-2500 in town on the Wednesday I reckon.

Oops, major boo boo there lads, sorry...........dug up the piece again, 12,000 pints in 6 days.

Embarrassed
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
  Share Topic