You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Rochelle (Page 17 for Facebook tips page)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: La Rochelle (Page 17 for Facebook tips page)
    Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:02pm
Seems to be a lot us staying here, looks a grand spot,6 of us here from June 14th-20th,
The General Humbert's Irish pub will surely be getting a visit ,it turns into a nightclub on the weekends and is open until 4am Thumbs Up

http://www.generalhumbert.com/en/

There are plenty of trains into La Rochelle from Paris and trains from La Rochelle  to Lille also, although its a long journey,Ryanair fly to Brussels,Air France fly to Paris and Lille although i would imagine the price of those flights have gone up.

Flix Bus goes from La Rochelle to Bordeaux.

Edited by Salzburglilly - 16 Dec 2015 at 3:54pm
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Sponsored Links

Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:27pm
About 35 - 40 of us based in La Rochelle for 5 nights. Even in the process of organising a bus for match day in and out to Bordeaux
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

About 35 - 40 of us based in La Rochelle for 5 nights. Even in the process of organising a bus for match day in and out to Bordeaux

35-40 in the one group? Fookin hell!
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:36pm
over 20 of us staying from  14/19TH .Stayed in La Rocehelle 34yrs ago beautiful City ,Harbour Beach and the ille de re is fabulous.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:52pm
Will you be dusting off your 1980's copy of the Lonely Planet?? 34 years is a long time ago...
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

35-40 in the one group? Fookin hell!

Well technically it's a number of smaller groups of 4-8 people from all over. But we all know each other and are in cahoots when booking things.
daffyp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:22pm
Part of one of the smaller groups ^^ looking forward to la Rochelle now 😁
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:37pm
This will be a grand spot! Clap
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
UpYePupYe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpYePupYe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:44pm
Around 84 of us have booked from our groups...mostly smaller groups from the rebel alliance, Mayo FCA 2nd battalion and Ballina symphony orchestra...a great bunch of lads...
A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do with a gun rack?
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:49pm
Melissa Lauren is from La Rochelle. That should give you an idea about the local crumpet there...Wink
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:52pm
Hickster mentioned on the other thread that La Rochelle might be quite quiet during the week in terms of nightlife.....
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:54pm
I was there briefly over the Summer. It is a beautiful place, very affluent. Everybody seems to own a massive yacht. Seems like a great place to retire to.

There is a large college campus a little bit away from the main town but will probably be closed in June.

I also got the train from La Rochelle to Bordeaux. I think it cost me €38 (first class). It only takes about 90mins-2 hours from what i remember.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 15 Dec 2015 at 2:55pm
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Hickster mentioned on the other thread that La Rochelle might be quite quiet during the week in terms of nightlife.....

The town is very quiet but the cafe's at the seafront at the Pier does be lively. It isnt really a place for a drinking holiday with the lads. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:32pm
DAS BOOT.

I'm in.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:08pm
Brilliant Film and Magnificent Harbour!!!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Gallowgate 67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallowgate 67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:09pm
Good Irish bar there called Mcnulty's a guy from Portlaoise own's it .He is the brother of the Portlaoise football manager and also of the Late Peter McNulty(RIP) that used to play for the Laois county footballers who lost his life a few years back at a young age.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:25pm
6 of us booked here from 14th-20th June
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It wont be quiet between 14th - 19th of june
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
  Share Topic