You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Belgium, Bordeaux, General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keano10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 11:05pm
Are many going to head to Toulouse the day before this when the Sweden Italy game is on?
Sponsored Links

mafitz View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 10:48am
hi just booked on AirBNB, central near St Catherine's, really looking forward to it now, couple of questions if anyone can help me out and apologies if already asked and answered, any idea on the cost of living in Bordeaux, pints, eating out etc, and has the Fan Zone been located yet?

thanks.....
mario85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mario85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 11:20am
i know very little about bordeaux, but imagine its quite a nice spot. and expensive. is it near a beach!? this could turn into a mini sun holiday! weather id expect to be high in the 20's, it could be what we need after rippin it up in paris for 4 nights beforehand!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 11:33am
Originally posted by mafitz mafitz wrote:

hi just booked on AirBNB, central near St Catherine's, really looking forward to it now, couple of questions if anyone can help me out and apologies if already asked and answered, any idea on the cost of living in Bordeaux, pints, eating out etc, and has the Fan Zone been located yet?

thanks.....

we are staying in a place just outside of bordeaux on the beach called Arcachon, As far as i know a pint of Heineken will set you back €6. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 2:59am
Getting the train down from Paris (not booked yet) and then I'll be staying with camping Ninja in a premium tent (basically slightly less kippy!). 4 nights there so not too bad. Although I only seen you had a discount organised after I'd booked it :(

Anyway the city looks class so I'm really looking forward to the 4 nights there.

Anyone know where that camping Ninja site will be located?
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 12:25am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Getting the train down from Paris (not booked yet) and then I'll be staying with camping Ninja in a premium tent (basically slightly less kippy!). 4 nights there so not too bad. Although I only seen you had a discount organised after I'd booked it :(

Anyway the city looks class so I'm really looking forward to the 4 nights there.

Whats security like in these sites?
moanermufc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moanermufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 12:33am
Originally posted by liam_in_germany liam_in_germany wrote:

Says 24/7 security on their website I think; doesn't say where it'll be located though which seems a tad sketchy
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 12:38am
Originally posted by moanermufc moanermufc wrote:

Originally posted by liam_in_germany liam_in_germany wrote:

Says 24/7 security on their website I think; doesn't say where it'll be located though which seems a tad sketchy

Dont fancy carrying everything on me. Passport tickets etc but wouldnt leave them in a tent either
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 12:43am
Suss it out when you get there. All good, hide inside in the usual spots. Worried, dig a hole under the ground sheet near the edge (when you're 100% sure no one's looking) and put it in there in one of those re-sealable plastic lunchbags.

Edited by Hickster74 - 14 Feb 2016 at 1:20am
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Suss it out when you get there. All good, hide inside in the usual spots. Worried, dig a hole under the ground sheet near the edge (when you're 100% sure no one's looking) and put it in there in one of those re-sealable plastic lunchbags.

I would be wise of them to have lockers you can rent to store stuff like that. The campsite will be packed so I'd probably take the chance and keep it there. I can understand thieves robbing money but your passport is just bad. So don't be leaving any notes lying around!
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 10:43am

I would be wise of them to have lockers you can rent to store stuff like that. The campsite will be packed so I'd probably take the chance and keep it there. I can understand thieves robbing money but your passport is just bad. So don't be leaving any notes lying around!
Carlsberg camps in Poznan were a mad one. They had safety deposit boxes for passports etc but they also had a small gazebo thing full of sockets for phone charging. Hundreds of phones were left there ranging from all type of iPhones etc and only maybe 10 or 11 people actually waiting by their phone to charge. Would've been so easy to nick a handful of phones. I didn't hear of any being robbed but be surely there were some

Edited by GreenDodger93 - 14 Feb 2016 at 10:44am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 12:26am
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Carlsberg camps in Poznan were a mad one. They had safety deposit boxes for passports etc but they also had a small gazebo thing full of sockets for phone charging. Hundreds of phones were left there ranging from all type of iPhones etc and only maybe 10 or 11 people actually waiting by their phone to charge. Would've been so easy to nick a handful of phones. I didn't hear of any being robbed but be surely there were some

Considering the price of phones that sounds a bit mad. Thankfully the 4 nights in bordeaux are the only camping ones. and if the kip that was the Carlsberg camps had safes then surely the more up market camping Ninja will too :p
Butthead View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butthead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:05pm

Getting the train down from Paris

Cannai wait for the train journey, be some craic. We're on the 15:28 train so should be well on our way by the time we board. Another quality rail journey courtesy of the Boys in Green n bags o'cans.
"I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"

Townsend on McGrath
BelfastFitz View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelfastFitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 2:48pm
Anyone else flying into Tours for this?  Price of flights were dirt cheap.  Looks like there is a direct train from Tours to Bordeaux (think it's the high speed one that originates in Paris).

Staying in the ibis budget Bordeaux Centre Meriadeck on 37 COURS DU MARECHAL JUIN - 33000 BORDEAUX.  Think it's fairly central, anyone know how close to the usual drinking districts it is?

Edited by BelfastFitz - 17 Feb 2016 at 2:48pm
HampshireDub View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 5:13pm
Appreciate the excitement levels have risen now with ticket allocations etc but 4 miserable pages for Bordeaux general thread

Bordeaux is a magical city and knocks the socks off Paris.
There's several large squares there too have we decided on a main one to 'invade' night before and day of the game ?
Cans / beers in pubs what's the general concencus ?
Anybody doing a winery tour ?
What will be the French polices approach / policy to street drinking ?

Thoughts ?
Draw me a compass I need a MAP
farrell View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 7:27pm
Nothing much they'll be able to do with 50,000 irish drinking in the squares etc Beer
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:37am
Originally posted by farrell farrell wrote:

Nothing much they'll be able to do with 50,000 irish drinking in the squares etc Beer

This! LOL Beer

Can't wait for Bordeaux, should be the first real large congregation of Irish all in the one spot as it is smaller than Paris. Nice city from what I have heard/read and in a fantastic part of the country too. Cool
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 12:00pm
I was in Bordeaux last summer. Really nice place. Look forward to going back in June.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
  Share Topic