You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Belgium, Bordeaux, General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 8:30pm
Booked into a country house villa in quinsac, anybody know anything about it seems rural tho it's 8k from Bordeaux not a whole lot on trip advisor either
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 6:47pm
http://www.bordeaux-tourism.co.uk/Plan-your-trip/Practical-information/Brochures-maps-guides

Loads of info on this above.

Bordeaux looks like a stunning city. Looking forward to doing some wine tours too.

Anyone been to Bordeaux and do these tours?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

http://www.bordeaux-tourism.co.uk/Plan-your-trip/Practical-information/Brochures-maps-guides

Bordeaux looks like a stunning city. Looking forward to doing some wine tours too.

Boat cruise maybe ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I've never done an organised wine tour but will this time for sure. Make sure any tour takes in Saint-Émilion - its a beautiful town surrounded by some of the best vineyards. Plenty of free tasting...Big smile
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
robert250 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 2:20pm
anyone travelling from bruges for the game? 

seems like a hellish journey down and back Cry
**FrOsTy** View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **FrOsTy** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 2:26pm
Booked into Hotel Altica La Rochelle for 165 each for 6 nights (27.50 a night) ... anybody else staying here?

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 2:39pm
Whatever about heading down, stay in Bordeaux the night after the game, if you can. You'll never get back after the match. At the very least, don't try to get north of Paris.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 12 Jan 2016 at 2:40pm
Exiled Rebel View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

TNC dope again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exiled Rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 4:05pm
Have to get the train back to Paris after this game. Dreading the thought of it already. Would anyone think I'll be pushing to get the train to Paris at 20.20?
I know I have a couple of hours after the game to get back but with the ground a little outside Bordeaux and everyone heading in the same direction on trams etc I'm a little uncertain.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by robert250 robert250 wrote:

anyone travelling from bruges for the game? 

seems like a hellish journey down and back Cry

That's some journey alright, best staying the night if you can manage it.

It did cross my mind to visit Bruges after Lille or Lens but I chased it out of my head...quarter final all the way..
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 12:24am
Lille to Bruges on Thursday, few days there. If we are in Lens on Saturday, easy to get back to; if it's one of the other games, we have another day to get there.
mcginty09 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcginty09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 1:52am
Cant find any reasonably priced hotels in bordeuax at the minute. Hopefully get a camper van sorted from london and a raodtrip down on the 16th. If not i searched a few campsites which are around an hour journey from city centre but it says shuttle busses are available. Anyone else using these methods?
byrnie14 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote byrnie14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 12:24pm
Looking for general advice in relation to reaching the Belgium game in bordeaux, where to stay cheapest way to get there, be it flight train or renting a car and getting back again all with the aid of a few pints preferrably. 
Cian_C View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cian_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by mcginty09 mcginty09 wrote:

Cant find any reasonably priced hotels in bordeuax at the minute. Hopefully get a camper van sorted from london and a raodtrip down on the 16th. If not i searched a few campsites which are around an hour journey from city centre but it says shuttle busses are available. Anyone else using these methods?

A cheap hotel I'm booked into is the 'Hotel F1' chain Bordeaux there is a few of them around the city. They're very basic with shared bathrooms etc but a grand place for a sleep/shower for a few hours. Don't know about availability as we booked about a month ago but they're cheap as chips.  
AngelGabriel View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelGabriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 12:47am
Bordeaux prices are crazy expensive. Unless you stumble upon a deal from a group of ye on air bnb your looking at either a kip and/or a hostel.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 11:17am
Bordeaux voted Europe's best destination 2015:

http://www.europeanbestdestinations.com/top/europe-best-destinations-2015/

Some great info. in this link, including Arcachon and Saint-Émilion:

http://www.europeanbestdestinations.com/travel-guide/bordeaux/
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 3:15pm
F1 all the way lads dirty cheap
LurganRed View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LurganRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 1:39am
anyone been looking at trains from bordeaux to lille? have originally planned to go back to Paris for a night but starting to think would be best going straight to Lille any Ideas lads 
amh991 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amh991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 11:36am
Originally posted by **FrOsTy** **FrOsTy** wrote:

Booked into Hotel Altica La Rochelle for 165 each for 6 nights (27.50 a night) ... anybody else staying here?

Yeah two of us staying here from the 16th to the 20th! You gone for the home stretch after or are you heading up towards Lille?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic