You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Belgium, Bordeaux, General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:58am
Pad with pool , tennis court , bbq in Bordeaux for a week 😎🍷🍻⚽️
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Sponsored Links

JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 9:49am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Pad with pool , tennis court , bbq in Bordeaux for a week 😎🍷🍻⚽️

Airbnb?
Looking to get a gaff in Bordeaux for the full week as well
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 9:55am
Booking.com ... It's a little bit (10km) outside of Bordeaux but a right job for the week !
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

There's a lot of travel involved in this trip so I'm happy to be spending 6 nights in Bordeaux.

Aye, touched lucky myself re the draw. Booked apartment in city centre ages ago so there for the fortnight bar one night in Paris and two Lille

Got the ibis budget. Looks grand.

12 of us in Ibis Budget. Ibis are fine hotels for trips of this magnitude.
June 2012 party time!!
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:21am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Booking.com ... It's a little bit (10km) outside of Bordeaux but a right job for the week !

classy gents that we are...Clap
Touts Out!
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by niall290 niall290 wrote:

Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

There's a lot of travel involved in this trip so I'm happy to be spending 6 nights in Bordeaux.

Aye, touched lucky myself re the draw. Booked apartment in city centre ages ago so there for the fortnight bar one night in Paris and two Lille

Got the ibis budget. Looks grand.

12 of us in Ibis Budget. Ibis are fine hotels for trips of this magnitude.

Exactly. You pretty much know what you're getting.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 5:32pm
Hope you are not in the bunk bed Paulie :)
AKA pedantic kunt
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 7:34pm
Was watching the Bordeaux vs Monaco game there.. Stadium looks absolutely class fans on top of the pitch and there wasn't many fans at the game but it seems to generate a good atmosphere. Absolutely beautiful and unique stadium outside and in.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Hope you are not in the bunk bed Paulie :)

No chance! Got a room to myself. I gave up sharing rooms on the trips a long time ago.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:58pm
SKY2 now @ 9pm

Mickey Flanagan touring around France including Bordeaux. Might be worth a watch.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Lord Boz View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Boz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 6:32pm
Howya lads. Looking forward to this. Five of us leaving Birmingham on Friday afternoon before a lovely 12 hour drive via the Channel Tunnel to Bordeaux.

Staying at the Premier Classes Bordeaux Est Lormont for the night - and looking at it, it's probably wise!
Think it's about 10k from the centre over the other side of the river - I've probably booked an utter kip knowing my luck.

Applied for tickets so may get lucky for them, if not, it'll be off to the fan park - anyone know where that could be?

Should be fun - the 12 hr drive back the day after to be in work Monday won't be!
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 2:43pm
Anybody know if there are mosquito's in Bordeaux? I get eaten alive wherever these little b*sterds are! 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Anybody know if there are mosquito's in Bordeaux? I get eaten alive wherever these little b*sterds are! 
No, they cant survive below 21.6 deg C.

Similar to snakes above the Tropic of Cancer.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 4:28pm
Apologies if been mentioned but the Le Mans 24 hour week long festival kicks off the Monday after we play Sweden. (Le Mans 24 hour race itslelf is the day of the Belgium game).

Seems that the track is en route down to Bordeaux. Might be an idea to stop off for a day for any petrol heads amongst us.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Gearoid101 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gearoid101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Apologies if been mentioned but the Le Mans 24 hour week long festival kicks off the Monday after we play Sweden. (Le Mans 24 hour race itslelf is the day of the Belgium game).

Seems that the track is en route down to Bordeaux. Might be an idea to stop off for a day for any petrol heads amongst us.

Ohhh cheers for that... Must look into 
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 4:29pm
The Grey Goose is brewed 51km from Bordeaux I found out in the earlier hours of this fine day, I'm thinking a visit to the distillery is a must
LovelyLiam View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 7:05pm
Couple of days surfing hopefully pre boozing in Bordeaux. Fingers crossed we will have the right weather for it. I have a feeling that 2 day break away from the cities will be badly needed by the time it rolls around. Delighted we got Bordeaux though..amazing city
"They found me in a shop"
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

The Grey Goose is brewed 51km from Bordeaux I found out in the earlier hours of this fine day, I'm thinking a visit to the distillery is a must

You'll have to organise a bus for an old day trip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic