You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ROI v Sweden, Paris, General thread (meet-ups etc)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Sweden, Paris, General thread (meet-ups etc)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 7:41am
Munich airport full of Croat fans heading to Paris . Outnumber the Irish and Germans
Sponsored Links

Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 8:20am
I haven't been able to get much feedback from the match last night regarding security checks at the Stade de France so I've pieced together a few observations from press reports and social media:

*Some people said they were waiting one hour to get through the security checks so prepare to wait.

*The category one seats opposite the press gantry were practically empty 40 minutes before kick-off so there were obviously a lot of people held up. They managed to make it in time as the seats were full by 9pm.

*Belgian media posted a video of the approaches to the stadium three hours before kick-off. It was deserted, so people clearly weren't heeding the official warnings to get out there at 6pm.

I reckon adding an hour to the usual travel time is a good rule of thumb and it's no harm giving you a little while longer either. I'm going to head out at around 3.45 from Chatelet-Les Halles (add five minutes for Gare du Nord), which means I should be in St-Denis ten minutes later to start the waiting.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 11:38am
We were at the match last night and found it no bother getting in. We arrived by metro at around 8:15 and were in our seats around 8:30 so it was perfect. That was without queues though because most people would have already been in at that stage. We were in the green stand.
PeteESPN View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteESPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 12:00pm
Am part of a small documentary crew from the States, hoping to link up with YBIG this afternoon in Monmarte. We spoke to a few YBIG in Dublin, now basically just want to join the Irish away party and interview a few of you.

Will there be a good crowd of you in Monmarte this afternoon? Feel free to email me some details - peter.karl@kicktv.com

Thanks!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 2:00pm
ok as this site seems to be getting quieter it means most are well on the road to paris, not flying out myself until 6.50 monday morning so ill turn off the lights. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 2:13pm
TNC and co will have the place to himself.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BillRawles View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillRawles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 3:03pm
I'm flying on Monday at 8am from Luton. . .feels like I'm missing the craic already. . .pregnant wife ruining everything Cry
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

ok as this site seems to be getting quieter it means most are well on the road to paris, not flying out myself until 6.50 monday morning so ill turn off the lights. 

Kev dont worry....I am not out till 09:30 on Monday morning from Düsseldorf.....will you leave the door open and the ligh on in the hall....dont like the dark when I am alone....LOLLOLLOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

Kev dont worry....I am not out till 09:30 on Monday morning from Düsseldorf.....will you leave the door open and the ligh on in the hall....dont like the dark when I am alone....LOLLOLLOL
Yep you may be the winner as we are 6.30am . Not worried about missing anything really as i means i will be able to stay longer Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yep you may be the winner as we are 6.30am . Not worried about missing anything really as i means i will be able to stay longer Big smile

Claret......your a lucky git, have a feeling your going for a few weeks...I will be flying in and out for the games. Didnt think when I was booking and booked 24 hours in Paris, 3 days in Bordeaux and 2 days in Lille. However....should we get out of the group the car will be active and I will be driving to the following games with a somewhat longer stay if needed.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 4:28pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Claret......your a lucky git, have a feeling your going for a few weeks...I will be flying in and out for the games. Didnt think when I was booking and booked 24 hours in Paris, 3 days in Bordeaux and 2 days in Lille. However....should we get out of the group the car will be active and I will be driving to the following games with a somewhat longer stay if needed.
Well i have one early shift to put in at work on the morning and that's it hitting the road 2.30am on Monday morning up to Dublin and no need to be back until 12th July , just hope Robbie has been power lifting of late as that cup don't half looks on the heavy side Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 11:47pm
On the 11:30 Eurostar tomorrow.... Bring it on #CYBIG

Edited by Midlands - 11 Jun 2016 at 11:47pm
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
gardenhead View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gardenhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 12:50am
Wasn't that one cancelled! :0 We got shunted on to a later one.
finbarrk View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finbarrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 12:45pm
Fairly mental in Montratme last night! In the Harp now, about 100 here already.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by finbarrk finbarrk wrote:

Fairly mental in Montratme last night! In the Harp now, about 100 here already.

BA Baracus lookalike passéd by the Harp with his finger to his lips and then shadow boxed the crowd a little while ago. As a wise man once said, 'The street is watching', fair play to all for staying with the singing...It was one of those rare occasions where the re-telling will be less than the reality...nut job of the highest order that lad but what a couple of minutes.. We'll be left alone tonight..
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Shano78 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shano78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 4:32pm
What's the craic with drinking on the street lads? Heading in shortly.
Dylanhfreederry View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dylanhfreederry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 5:16pm
Wheres everyone for 2nite was in quigleys point bar last nite , loada croats came in on motorbikes cops seen them and shut it down for the nite
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 8:40am
Carnage in Montmartre/Pigalle last night. I'm sure it was great fun during the day and early evening.
But the amounts of coked up, completely legless/sh*tfaced, passed out people was unreal. A very tense and aggressive atmosphere I found. 

Some lads breaking stuff, pissing against front doors, windows, jumping on vans and basically acting like pricks. Piss, blood and fights all over.

Never felt as alien on an away trip. A new crowd is joining us and they just seem to disregard normal ethics and have a different view on what is 'fun' stuff.

I'll gladly avoid scenes like that again. It was just cringe worthy and downright shameful at times.

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041>
  Share Topic