You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ROI v Sweden, Paris, Travel & Accommodation thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Sweden, Paris, Travel & Accommodation thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 50>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awaydays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:55pm
What is the cheapest site for booking train between Amsterdam and Paris? Cheers.
Your twistin my melon man
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by clareob clareob wrote:

Am looking for advice. Am travelling from London to Paris on Sunday the 12 June   Would I be better going on Eorotunnel or flying to Paris. The prices are nearly the same but I don't know what travel costs are from airports or how long it will take time wise whereas euro tunnel train brings you into city centre I'm staying in Montmartre
it takes just under 2 1/2 hours on the train. there's no comparison, take the train.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by clareob clareob wrote:

Am looking for advice. Am travelling from London to Paris on Sunday the 12 June   Would I be better going on Eorotunnel or flying to Paris. The prices are nearly the same but I don't know what travel costs are from airports or how long it will take time wise whereas euro tunnel train brings you into city centre I'm staying in Montmartre
it takes just under 2 1/2 hours on the train. there's no comparison, take the train.

Montmartre is basically walking distance from Gare du Nord. It'll cost the best part of €10 to get from any airport to the centre of Paris.

The only way flying might make sense is if you are flying to London and looking at flights out of the same airport. If you are coming from central London, though, you'd be crazy to fly if the train is the same price, especially if you are going to Montmartre.
ncafc87 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncafc87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by awaydays awaydays wrote:

What is the cheapest site for booking train between Amsterdam and Paris? Cheers.

I'm looking at https://www.raileurope.com - 1.17 train on the 12th. Will get booked over next day or so.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 4:23pm
thalys.com is where you get tickets direct from the operator.
dan5times View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan5times Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:29pm
Very close to booking a place out in Monmarte, Is that too far out or what? I know Paris farily well but is there a particular base for Irish fans? Im also looking at a place near the Latin Quater? Any ideas?
Geary15 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geary15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 7:14pm
Flying to London on the Sunday 12th and then Eurostar to Paris!
Ace View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 10:45pm
Lads, 

I'm staying around the oberkampf region of Paris, in terms of safety - what's this place like?
Is there a particlar area that most of the irish are staying in?

belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Ace Ace wrote:

Lads, 

I'm staying around the oberkampf region of Paris, in terms of safety - what's this place like?
Is there a particlar area that most of the irish are staying in?

We are here as well, just beside the Oberkampf metro station - no idea what it is like safetywise. From reading on here, majority seem to be staying in the North of the city
ncafc87 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncafc87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:03am
Few of us in Amsterdam on the 11th then train down to Paris on the 12th. Flight out early on the 14th. Thumbs Up
FevinKurlong View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FevinKurlong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 7:41pm
Well lads, for anybody in a camper or looking for somewhere to stay me and a couple of friends just booked into here from the 9th to the 14th. Looks pretty good, really cheap, has a shop, bar, big screen for sports, half hour from the Stade de France and half hour from Versailles (Irish training camp). Winner all around, can't go wrong!

http://www.sandaya.co.uk/Camping/France/Paris/Maisons-Laffitte/Pitches-and-Mobile-homes/

MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Geary15 Geary15 wrote:

Booked into gare du nord myself for the sunday and monday night of sweden game! f**k it at the price it is, you couldnt refuse it!!

just booked two of us in there now.. exactly ^   more money for  Beer
And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 1:02am
Myself and mister X booked into Guard De Nord there as well, f(ck it lads there's enough of us Irish lads in there Wel take on any f(cker who tries to mess with us 😂 Can't be any rougher than the people I deal with everyday 😝
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by dan5times dan5times wrote:

Very close to booking a place out in Monmarte, Is that too far out or what? I know Paris farily well but is there a particular base for Irish fans? Im also looking at a place near the Latin Quater? Any ideas?

Stayed there for the play off game and booked again for June, great location imo, near Metro stops, and walking distance to few big Irish pubs near Moulin Rouge.
gregpent View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregpent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 5:03pm
I lived near place de clichy for a year. Theres a great little bar called the harp on the strip. they have a celtic supporters club. pints are reasonable. theres alot of happy hour pubs around. and if people give out about pints being 7-8 euro...they are alot stonger % wise so you dont need to drink 10 pints of piss to get bladdered
IrelandAway.com
PMc10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:40pm
4 of us booked Cork to Amsterdam the day before the game, train to Paris, booked hotel close to the train station all for €290 each!! 2 nights
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 9:45pm
Think you could be in the same spot as us so PMc10 as our hostel is right across from the metro and the same price as your quoting there.
Ronan View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 10:29pm
Got a nice room off airbnb in Levallois-Perret on the outskirt, hopefully the areas a fair bit cheaper than central Paris!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 50>
  Share Topic