You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ROI v Sweden, Paris, Travel & Accommodation thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Sweden, Paris, Travel & Accommodation thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 50>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ROI v Sweden, Paris, Travel & Accommodation thread
    Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 2:37pm
All travel and accomm chat for Sweden game to go in this thread lads Thumbs Up
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sponsored Links

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:12pm
@ Superdave,easiest and cheapest way to get from Paris Orly to the city?, staying in rue des Canettes, think its close to the Latin quarter.

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

@ Superdave,easiest and cheapest way to get from Paris Orly to the city?, staying in rue des Canettes, think its close to the Latin quarter.

No disrespect but surely you could google this one? Orly is one of the largest airports in Europe. The forum will crash if everyone is asking questions like this for the next 7 months...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

No disrespect but surely you could google this one? Orly is one of the largest airports in Europe. The forum will crash if everyone is asking questions like this for the next 7 months...

I find your answer very disrespectful, it was directed at SD, if you can't help please stop clogging up the forum.Wink
KentInGreen90 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KentInGreen90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:03pm
I'm heading to the game lads, I actually managed to get the Ireland Vs Sweden in the portal when I applied back in June! Book flights today to Brussels and the Train down €244! Happy Enough with the considering straight to Paris was €400-500! And Hotel two night with Breakfast for €300 for two!!

mario85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mario85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:39pm
suggestions for hotels in paris lads, many on here booked into any spots yet? 4 of us booked up, we dont wana be out in the finglas of Paris away from all the craic!
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:44pm
Just booked hotel for two of us off Champs Elysee with free cancellation for about £120, but it was last twin room they had. Seem to be going fast
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
mario85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mario85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Just booked hotel for two of us off Champs Elysee with free cancellation for about £120, but it was last twin room they had. Seem to be going fast

sound, i was trying to book a couple of spots last night that were mentioned on here but were all gone by time i checked.. any more suggestions keep them coming 
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:52pm
lads I would stick to the chain hotels basic know what you get and they have a standard, some of the independents vary

any Hilton members orly airport was €136 for a twin room this morning 20 mins from city on rer and 1 change to st denis for the match
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by mario85 mario85 wrote:

Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

sound, i was trying to book a couple of spots last night that were mentioned on here but were all gone by time i checked.. any more suggestions keep them coming 
Whatever area you book in, get one beside a Metro and you wont be too far from anywhere. Im booked in Montmarte, loads stayed around there last time
Silvio Dante View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvio Dante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 6:21pm
A few nice hostels near the Gard Du Nord (main train station). 45 quid for a bed. 

I'm still loving the Gatwick, st Pancras (Eurostar) option. In on Monday, home on Tuesday.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 7:21pm

Orlybus is likely the best bet. It will take you to Denfort metro station, which is on line four, which goes to Saint-Sulpice, around the corner from your accommodation. €7.50 for the Orlybus.

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/passengers/access/paris-orly/public-transport

You could take the tram then the RER and Metro but that seems like a lot more hassle for a marginal saving.

You should just have booked the direct TGV to Paris from Munich..... although it hasn't gone on sale yet.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:07pm
Looking for a cheap train from Geneva to Paris quoting me 55eurpp for 3hr spin.
Got Paris to Biarritz for 19eurpp and that's five hours.

Any ideas?

KentInGreen90 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KentInGreen90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:13pm
I book around the Opera House, fairly central with good connections to the Metro! And think there is a good range of pubs and I think there's an Irish Pub in the area swell 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

@ Superdave,easiest and cheapest way to get from Paris Orly to the city?, staying in <span -title="" id="hp_address_subtitle" ="jq_tooltip"="" rel="14" -source="top_" -coords="," -node_tt_id="location_score_tooltip" -b="2.33076855540276,48.8359822033051,2.33668684959412,48.8679467111205" -width="350" -component="track" -track="mouseenter" -hash="BUZNSTcdSTDVFWe">rue des Canettes, think its close to the Latin quarter.
</span>

Orlybus is likely the best bet. It will take you to Denfort metro station, which is on line four, which goes to Saint-Sulpice, around the corner from your accommodation. €7.50 for the Orlybus.

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/passengers/access/paris-orly/public-transport

You could take the tram then the RER and Metro but that seems like a lot more hassle for a marginal saving.

You should just have booked the direct TGV to Paris from Munich..... although it hasn't gone on sale yet.

As usual ,great stuff SD

I'm flying from Munich to Paris for 47€ .
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 9:41pm
What's the area around gare du nord like ? booked a hotel a few hundred metres from the station.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 9:45pm
SuperDave,

What's the story with getting a train from Lille to Brugge and\or Brussells?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

What's the area around gare du nord like ? booked a hotel a few hundred metres from the station.

Think of the worst roughest place you've ever been and multiply it by 100.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 50>
  Share Topic