You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Callum O Dowda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 31>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 3:23pm
Back on the bench this afternoon.
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

His happy place.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

His happy place.

Starts today. Wouldnt be surprised to see him called up if he gets through 90 mins.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 2:41pm

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

His happy place.

Starts today. Wouldnt be surprised to see him called up if he gets through 90 mins.

Good stuff. He is a player who I believe if he could stop getting injured has something different in attack that we could certainly use. Unfortunately seems to be made of glass
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 4:43pm
Scored against Blackburn earlier today.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 4:47pm
There's usually a post that goes up at the end of the weekend with all the scorers for the weekend Thumbs Up
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 4:54pm
All on the live blog, every day

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

There's usually a post that goes up at the end of the weekend with all the scorers for the weekend Thumbs Up
nice to see it as it happens rather than waiting till Sunday evening 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 6:02pm
A run of games now hopefully and he will be right back in the mix for March! But wouldn’t be holding my breath that it will happen given his unfortunate track record with injuries.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

A run of games now hopefully and he will be right back in the mix for March! But wouldn’t be holding my breath that it will happen given his unfortunate track record with injuries.

And the fact that he's woefully inconsistent.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 11:49pm
Played wing-back down the left tonight.

Could be another, slightly younger, option there.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 4:04pm
Max O'Leary started in goal too.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I take it that seeing as odowda hasn't played for the last ten championship games that he's got another lengthy lay off?

Even though he's only 25 I think his career is going the same way as Bradys.

Injuries don't tend to get better the older a player gets and he already struggles to put a run of games together. He's been getting lengthy injuries for years now.

Disappointing for the lad, feel he could have broken into the premier league if he'd stayed fit

Yeah re injured his knee.

Has been seriously unlucky with injuries the last few years, done his ankle, then his knee then his groin. All long lay offs that needed surgery. Then theres the knock on effects of coming back from these things and all the niggles that go with them which hes had his fair share of too. Muscle strains and pulls etc..

He was doing quiet well up until his set back there a few weeks ago too.

Hes due back soon enough, think hes been back involved in training.

Just needs a bit of luck. I dont think hes going the way of Brady per se because the injuries have been several different issues rather than the same reoccurring injury.

Hes out of contract in the summer and hes actually 26 going 27 in a few weeks. So his future could be up in the air come this summer.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 2:30pm

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I take it that seeing as odowda hasn't played for the last ten championship games that he's got another lengthy lay off?

Even though he's only 25 I think his career is going the same way as Bradys.

Injuries don't tend to get better the older a player gets and he already struggles to put a run of games together. He's been getting lengthy injuries for years now.

Disappointing for the lad, feel he could have broken into the premier league if he'd stayed fit

Yeah re injured his knee.

Has been seriously unlucky with injuries the last few years, done his ankle, then his knee then his groin. All long lay offs that needed surgery. Then theres the knock on effects of coming back from these things and all the niggles that go with them which hes had his fair share of too. Muscle strains and pulls etc..

He was doing quiet well up until his set back there a few weeks ago too.

Hes due back soon enough, think hes been back involved in training.

Just needs a bit of luck. I dont think hes going the way of Brady per se because the injuries have been several different issues rather than the same reoccurring injury.

Hes out of contract in the summer and hes actually 26 going 27 in a few weeks. So his future could be up in the air come this summer.

Could probably do with a move away from the rigors of the Championship. Don't know where that is though.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 2:55pm
I never saw anything that made me think he was going to be a regular for us. 

Another player in a long list that really doesn't appear to have a natural position. From what i have seen he doesn't have the pace for the wing and doesn't have enough technique for a 10.

Fairly underwhelming. 23 caps and can't for the life of me remember much of an impact.  

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 3:28pm
A shame he is so injury prone as I think he would actually suit the current system and style of play fairly well. Didn't realise he was almost 27 though, would have to agree that I can't see him adding too many more to his 27 caps. 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I never saw anything that made me think he was going to be a regular for us. 

Another player in a long list that really doesn't appear to have a natural position. From what i have seen he doesn't have the pace for the wing and doesn't have enough technique for a 10.

Fairly underwhelming. 23 caps and can't for the life of me remember much of an impact.  

Would disagree on his pace & ability as a 10 - think he is technically good & can play of either foot. Has plenty of ability but is inconsistent. Could do a job for us in one of the positions behind the striker but would be way down the pecking order at this stage. SK is a fan - name checked him at the last squad announcement so wouldn't rule out a return to the squad if he got himself fit & had decent run of games behind him. Big IF st this stage though.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 6:06pm
I have never seen what he supposedly brings to the table. A fulcrum of some hideous performances by us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 31>
  Share Topic