You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Callum O Dowda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 31>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

not sure if he’s the villain in the Irish dressing room but he’s playing very well for Bristol City this season. His overall game was good tonight again. 

Any reason to think it might be him  ?
Sponsored Links

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

not sure if he’s the villain in the Irish dressing room but he’s playing very well for Bristol City this season. His overall game was good tonight again. 

Any reason to think it might be him  ?
His name was mentioned a few times as a possibility when the story broke here. He may have nothing to do with it at all
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 12:24pm
Any player or official who was there is a possibility.
Someone throwing out a name and then others saying 'his name was mentioned' is baseless rubbish that we should be condemning, not propagating.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 1:17pm
What about a member of hotel staff or is it definitely within the squad?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 3:10pm
Tbf until we know otherwise it’s ridiculous speculating what player it might be. 

Even coaching staff I’m not saying it was Alan Kelly but the one thing I will say about his statement if Kelly genuinely had no issue and yet failed to address that directly or didn’t think to address the fact he’d no issue then he’s basically an idiot. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 2:01pm
I've not seen much of odowda and when I have seen him in a green shirt he was below average in my opinion. I've never really seen him do anything of note in a game.

However, it really looks like he's showing what he can do for Bristol of late, his build up play for both goals vs QPR was good, the second goal build up play was extremely good. 

Bristol fans seem to be enjoying what he's doing and results seem to be getting better.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I've not seen much of odowda and when I have seen him in a green shirt he was below average in my opinion. I've never really seen him do anything of note in a game.

However, it really looks like he's showing what he can do for Bristol of late, his build up play for both goals vs QPR was good, the second goal build up play was extremely good. 

Bristol fans seem to be enjoying what he's doing and results seem to be getting better.

I’ve watched him in several games this season and his all round play has been excellent.. working hard closing down added to his undoubted ability on the ball and he’s been good running at defenses.. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

In the last 5/10 years how many attacking players have thrived in an Irish international set up?

I could count them on one hand.

It's a major failing on managements part over the last number of years.

Edited by Green Devil - 02 Dec 2020 at 2:21pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 2:24pm
Ive always rated him. Comfortable on the ball, technically good. I think he can be a good player for us over the next while.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 2:26pm
If we were to play a 4-2-3-1 I wonder would he be perfect in the 10 role?

As said above, he's technically good and very comfortable on the ball, but I think he lacks the dynamism in his game to be really effective as a winger at international level.

Edited by Green Devil - 02 Dec 2020 at 2:26pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

As said above, he's technically good and very comfortable on the ball, but I think he lacks the dynamism in his game to be really effective as a winger at international level.
I think he could. He’s been playing more centrally for Bristol City recently and it seems to suit him . 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I think he could. He’s been playing more centrally for Bristol City recently and it seems to suit him . 

As of now it seems to be the real problem area for us, who is going to be play in that advanced role ahead of our centre midfielders who will support the striker.

I could be way off but I think we're probably more suited to a 4-2-3-1 anyhow, we could potentially allow our wingers to play a little bit higher with that added defensive foundation behind in midfield.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 4:28pm
More good news...December is being nice to us beaten-down Irish fans Clap

I agree though...seems to have something about him but, as stated, most attacking players have been blunted when they don that green shirt.
That's something that is changing under SK and the goals will follow...keep the faith.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 4:37pm
Scored today after just being introduced.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 6:30pm
Happy for O'Dowda. I think he's a decent enough player. 

Probably just lacking that bit of acceleration/pace to actually get fully past the defender when he cuts in from the right. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Probably just lacking that bit of acceleration/pace to actually get fully past the defender when he cuts in from the right. 

Yea agree. Actually nearly prefer him played more centrally then as an out and out winger. Def would prefer him in the 10 role to Hendrick. Always strikes me as one of our few players who is comfortable on the ball and happy to receive it.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Yea agree. Actually nearly prefer him played more centrally then as an out and out winger. Def would prefer him in the 10 role to Hendrick. Always strikes me as one of our few players who is comfortable on the ball and happy to receive it.
Would you f**king stop. O dowda a better option than Hendrick?? Jeff Is no pele but he’s a hell of a lot better than o Dowda. Can’t even get A regular game for bristol city ffs. Thank god closest some people on here get to management is fantasy premier league 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 9:29pm
Anyone who plays Fantasy Premier League, or even mentions it, including me, just now,  should be shot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 31>
  Share Topic