You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Callum O Dowda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:04pm

Called up Clap - Future of Irish football, move coming this summer has many admirers.
Sponsored Links

mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:52pm
looks good . good  control of the ball
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 1:08pm
*knee-jerk reaction alert*
from the first 2 mins of the clip above hes a clearly better overall baller than murphy or mcgoldrick. i know anybody can make a youtube vid to look like the next best thing but at least he looks happy to have the ball and not panic and hoofing it away at any given opportunity. well able to shoot from distance as well. drops back an awful lot to come collect and puts in fair share of donkey work! could be a serious handful. give him a run over the next 2 friendlies and if he produces in any form, stick him on the plane 

If he didnt have a chance of grabbing a place in the squad, he wouldnt have been included....
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 1:10pm
He won't be competing with Murphy and McGoldrick though, he is an out and out winger.
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 1:20pm
Makes sense as to why he seemed to be playing deeper than I'd expected! Should have checked that out!
In my head I count Walters as a forward as opposed to a midfielder is kind of where i was going with that re mcgoldrick/murphy regardless so we'd still technically have 4 attackers
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 1:51pm
Anytime I've seen him he has reminded me of a more technical version of McClean. Bit of a strange decision considering the level that he currently plays at and the fact he spends a bit of time on the bench. Been the stand out player for most of the 21's games I've seen him involved in though. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 4:20pm
Thought he was Ireland's stand out player for the 21s in the last campaign, unlucky missing out on player of the year to Browne.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 5:41pm
I wonder if the reason he was bumped up the list ahead of the likes of Byrne and Browne is because the England Under-21's were sniffing around?
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 6:21pm
Think it is more to do with him offering us something different on the left wing to be honest. Think he is further along in his development than Byrne is too, is more physical etc. Browne is unlucky that we have so many midfielders at the moment. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 12 May 2016 at 6:22pm
pinkfloyd2016 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkfloyd2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 10:51pm
A lot of people are getting carried away about this kid . Saying that the top clubs in the premier league are sniffing round him which is just media hearsay . The fact he is twenty years old and is still playing in league two  . He also has tenuous connections with ireland and has only declared for us as he knows he isn't good enough for England.

You are not living in reality if you think this kid wouldn't jump at the chance of playing for England if he got the opportunity I have only seen clips him on youtube but he looks like another mcgeady to me . His crossing is poor . Its also very difficult to judge how good a player is when he is playing against essentially pub players . 

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by pinkfloyd2016 pinkfloyd2016 wrote:

A lot of people are getting carried away about this kid . Saying that the top clubs in the premier league are sniffing round him which is just media hearsay . The fact he is twenty years old and is still playing in league two  . He also has tenuous connections with ireland and has only declared for us as he knows he isn't good enough for England.

You are not living in reality if you think this kid wouldn't jump at the chance of playing for England if he got the opportunity I have only seen clips him on youtube but he looks like another mcgeady to me . His crossing is poor . Its also very difficult to judge how good a player is when he is playing against essentially pub players . 

Really? Do you know who is his dad and grandfather are? 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by pinkfloyd2016 pinkfloyd2016 wrote:

Really? Do you know who is his dad and grandfather are? 
Don't waste your time SB this clown does not even know his arse from a hole in the ground, just a wum
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkfloyd2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:09pm
How good do you think this kid can be , because it seems to me that a lot of people think this kid is the next Damien Duff.  Some are even making comparisons with Delle Ali . Ali was ripping up league 2 . This kid has been on the bench most of the season . You would swear he was the star of the team they way people here are talking about him here .
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkfloyd2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by farfar farfar wrote:

Anytime I've seen him he has reminded me of a more technical version of McClean. Bit of a strange decision considering the level that he currently plays at and the fact he spends a bit of time on the bench. Been the stand out player for most of the 21's games I've seen him involved in though. 

He spends most of the time on the bench in league 2 and people on this board are getting excited about him . Jesus wept. LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:27pm
You give out about this lad playing league 2, yet you think a fella playing for Cambuur is better than Hoolahan? Get up the yard!!
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You give out about this lad playing league 2, yet you think a fella playing for Cambuur is better than Hoolahan? Get up the yard!!
ClapClap
The amount of clowns on the news report of the Squad announcement on the RTE site saying the same thing is unbelievable.
Where`s Jack Byrne?, Whys this fella in the squad?, Never heard of him, He`s a league 2 player etc etc

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:39pm
Wrong thread

Edited by pre Madonna - 12 May 2016 at 11:41pm
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:41pm
He scored the goal that saw Oxford promoted to League 1 a few days ago so he's a League 1 player now. I don't think he'll be leaving there this Summer and a year or two in that league will do him the world of good. There's no need to be getting carried away with him or dismissing him at this stage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
  Share Topic