You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE Investigates Program

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

So nobody knew Bertie was crooked in 2007? Give me a f**king break

I was only a teenager when Ray Burke was elected for the last time - Everybody knew then out our way.

But since he was exposed how many elections did he win?

I am not saying their aren't bent Dub politicians, but once exposed they are done, unlike rural Ireland who lap up the rogue
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:47am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

I was only a teenager when Ray Burke was elected for the last time - Everybody knew then out our way.

I am not saying their aren't bent Dub politicians, but once exposed they are done, unlike rural Ireland who lap up the rogue
Anyone in particular you are thinking of?
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:52am

Clearly Dublin is morally, culturally and genetically superior to the rest of Ireland. You should just declare independence to stop the rest of us holding you back.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:53am
Bent Dublin politicians who left politics on exposure or country politicians voted in time and time again, some with criminal convictions?
Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:06pm
I dont think that programme is a shock to anybody tbh. I actually nearly admire the balls on that Monaghan guy, couldn't give a flying f**k. I read an article in the Independant i think it was, about 6 or 7 years ago, that said Monaghan is a bit unique in terms of politics in this state. A county with a large population of Prodestants that consistantly vote Blueshirt, regardless. Maybe thats why he didnt give a toss. 

I've always been more of a traditionalist myself. Id prefer to see my representatives armed, and in Military Uniform, like 100 years ago. You know if they're willing to take a bullet for you, they won't rip you off.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:17pm
No, but the military in government tend to be more likely to put a bullet in you than either taking one for you or ripping you off. I'd be careful exactly what you wish for.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:18pm

Bent Dublin politicians who left politics on exposure or country politicians voted in time and time again, some with criminal convictions?

Names?
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

I dont think that programme is a shock to anybody tbh. I actually nearly admire the balls on that Monaghan guy, couldn't give a flying f**k. I read an article in the Independant i think it was, about 6 or 7 years ago, that said Monaghan is a bit unique in terms of politics in this state. A county with a large population of Prodestants that consistantly vote Blueshirt, regardless. Maybe thats why he didnt give a toss. 

I've always been more of a traditionalist myself. Id prefer to see my representatives armed, and in Military Uniform, like 100 years ago. You know if they're willing to take a bullet for you, they won't rip you off.
No doubt cheering that representative on, Starry Plough flag in one hand, megaphone allowing you to shout anti-immigration slurs in the other.  
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

No, but the military in government tend to be more likely to put a bullet in you than either taking one for you or ripping you off. I'd be careful exactly what you wish for.

Era, im not talking Pol Pot or anything like that. 

Like before the foundation of the State, people got involved for the right reasons, to do right by the people, not to line their own pockets. They're the type of people i'd like to see in charge.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:24pm

Edited by Jason Kelly - 08 Dec 2015 at 12:25pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Exactly. Look at the fooking state of Thailand.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

No doubt cheering that representative on, Starry Plough flag in one hand, megaphone allowing you to shout anti-immigration slurs in the other.  

What are you on about now? 

Ive no problem with immigrants at all, atleast not the ones that will work and offer something.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

dead right as those culchies continued to elect the likes of Ray Burke Liam Lawlor, Bertie Ahern and Charlie Haughey long after they knew they were bent.
But not one of the above got re-elected after they were exposed....

Ray Burke's corruption was a front page story in the Indo in 1974.  Haughey was known to corrupt since the 1960's.  Lawlor was also known from an early stage.  As for Bertie the most cunning and devious of them all.....

At 14 I could name the councilors in Limerick that were on the take and those that were straight.

The reality is too many  this country turns a blind eye to corruption and it doesn't matter where in the country they are from.    It's cross party too btw.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:32pm

Ive no problem with immigrants at all, atleast not the ones that will work and offer something.

Some of your comments here would suggest differently.

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:34pm
Unfortunately the story in 1974 was Ray Burke being cleared of wrong doing.

Haughey and Lawlor may have been suspected, but no-one 'knew'. My point remains, as soon as a Dub politician is exposed they are gone. Compare and contrast with Lowry and Fahey.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:39pm

Some of your comments here would suggest differently.

ONES THAT WILL WORK AND OFFER SOMETHING

AGAIN... ONES THAT WILL WORK AND OFFER SOMETHING. 

Do it right if they want, go to Turkey , find refugees with 3rd level Degrees and bring them in. Find Women and Children and bring them in and give them a better life. Im a believer in Women and Children first. I won't offer any apology for my stance.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:42pm
Shouldn't all you culchies be off shopping in Dublin today ?????!!!

GSpain has this one nailed with his post earlier - Going on all over the country for years across all parties.

colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:44pm
In Monaghan there are 2 Fine Gael camps really.
Heather Humpherys (minister) and Ciara mc Philips (councillor)
Sean Conlon (TD but resigned with Hughie last week) and Hughie mcelvaney.
Both camps hate eachother and all live within a 10 mile radius.
Hughie is blaming the other camp of colluding with rte to get him set up. The Sean conlon TD is up on assault charges for glassing someone in his bar in ballybay at the minute too.
A great bunch of lads
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic