You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can job check emails without you knowing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can job check emails without you knowing?
    Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:08pm
Are employers allowed to log in and check mails in company account of employee?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Oh God yes.
They are all watching, all knowing.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:15pm
More than likely Yes . It will be written into the small print on company email policies . A family member works for a large international company & I remember him saying something before about having to watch what he was saying when he was mailing me off the company email address .
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:15pm
Probably mentioned in the employees contract if they can or not. If it's the company email then they will see it as company property I'd imagine.

Worked for Allianz (Mods can edit name if needed) and our email were monitored. Any swear words, etc and the email would be blocked. Someone was using text speak and said cum and it got blocked LOL 

Last place I worked for, a fella sent client details in an attachment to his private email (ended up getting sacked over it) and they were able to tell from computers in head office what was in the emails.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:35pm

Yes, they own the account and can do what they want with it basically. Depending on the industry, some will flag anything sent to a a Gmail, Hotmail address etc. to check if company/client info is being sent where it shouldn't.
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:44pm

Spill the beans LOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

Spill the beans LOL

The Count has him f**ked over a barrell
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 11:54pm
Yes. I found out the hard way.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 12:08am
yes you thick
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 12:26am
Applying for a new job and sl*gging off the new boss. Dzope
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 6:43am
Of course they can, any instant messaging too and internet history. Company I work for keeps a 10 year record I believe after you leave.

I know of a company too that gives employees a week off work each year so they can check their history.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 6:44am
Same way as a Mod you can go in and check people's Private Messages
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 7:27am
I just want to say my company is the best in the world and I will do anything for them I owe my whole life to  them Big smile

Lads I think that will do it Nuke

Edited by Claret Murph - 03 Dec 2015 at 7:29am
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 8:10am
I for one wish to comend my employers for not blocking this website.

While I know you are all powerful and constantly watching what I type and read, both online and on my internal mail. I do appreciate you letting me read up on the mad cap adventures of SByrne.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 8:13am
Yup had first hand experience of this. A colleague sent an email to the PM on the project. There was a particular word used (not foul language) that basically raised a red flag in the finance dept. Anyway it was brought up by our line manager to be careful what we report as the email is monitored. There's just under 25k employees working for this business...that takes some monitoring.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 8:33am
Yep. I read my underlings email all the time.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 11:20am
Yes

They can check your emails without any trace. But it also depends on the email solution you have.

Journalling allows every email in\out of the system to be recorded and restored, this is usually done in legal firms.

Email solutions without journalling - you can send\receive emails and then delete those emails and they will not be picked up - usually a back of the system will be done during the night so if these emails are deleted they will not be able to restore them.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 12:10pm
Similarly accessing work emails via smartphones, for some companies they may stipulate you agree to access other items on the phone such as contacts etc.
Always ask them to provide separate phone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic