You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Stadiums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 12:48am
I think the only decent redevelopment done on a provincial ground recently is O'Connor Park. Offaly built a really good stand and the terracing is decent.
A few grounds should be developed to a high standard and used for the majority of high profile games it's madness that a lot of counties want a 30k ground when most games will have about 10% capacity.Some awful ****s in positions of power in the GAA who will always try to make sure their county gets looked after when it makes no sense whatsoever.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 12:54am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I think the only decent redevelopment done on a provincial ground recently is O'Connor Park. Offaly built a really good stand and the terracing is decent.
A few grounds should be developed to a high standard and used for the majority of high profile games it's madness that a lot of counties want a 30k ground when most games will have about 10% capacity.Some awful ****s in positions of power in the GAA who will always try to make sure their county gets looked after when it makes no sense whatsoever.

They did a fantastic job with O'Moore Park in Portlaoise, the playing surface and floodlights are top notch too.

Netwatch Park in Carlow was another, they've done a lovely job tbf.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 9:51am
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Fair enough,Croker is fairly decent i think you'll agree.Most provincial grounds are not at the same standard but are very comfortable and can accommodate huge crowds in the summer or when needed.Dwarf loi facilities...a couple of big GAA games over the summer would have a bigger attendance than all loi games over the season,its not even an argument.If you want to say how the loi and soccer is great and compare the two thats fine.But to compare loi and GAA stadia in Ireland is not the way to do it,you'll  come across as a clown,like ritd.thats the point im making (im dismissing the who,what and where of how they were built,i do have issues with this but its another argument) ritd has an irrational problem with all things GAA,he cant make a cohesive,non emotional poiny (like a bird on the blob) I dont usually engage with him but he has to be called up on this,he's all over the shop. 
What do you mean by 'dwarf loi facilities'? They are bigger, sure. But most county grounds recently had their safe capacities slashed. Are you saying Parnell Park is as good a stadium for punters as Tallaght? Markevic Park the Showgrounds? Fraher Field the RSC? Most county grounds are dumps and there has been much less upgraded facilities not the gaa than football or rugby recently. That is largely because the plans are based more on outdoing the neighbours than practical plans.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 10:25am
Go over to the rugby thread and there will be an alternative coterie of people who would hardly acknowledge that Ireland are doing well in another sport without minimising the achievement. We could go round and round on this pointless debate.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 2:00am
What's the story with Finn Harps new stadium?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 2:09am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

new......you mean the one they started building over a decade ago. Id say some heifers are grazing on it about now.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 10:09am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

new......you mean the one they started building over a decade ago. Id say some heifers are grazing on it about now.

They should never have built it. They could have put a stand on the far side of Finn Park.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 1:57am

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

They should never have built it. They could have put a stand on the far side of Finn Park.
Pity this didn't happen! Aldi is built there so no chance of that now. I think the problem at the moment (although we hear nothing from the stadium commitee) is that the government won't give the grants until the work is done and the building firm won't do it until they see the money. Only in Ireland!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 9:27am
Banc of California stadium opened last night, home of LAFC. Lovely stadium, 22,000 capacity and very steep banks.

Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Banc of California stadium opened last night, home of LAFC. Lovely stadium, 22,000 capacity and very steep banks.

From what I can 'see'......it should be called...."Blank of California Stadium"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:37am
LOL
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 4:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic