You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - November 12th 2016- Travel + Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 54>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by muscles muscles wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I wanted to get flights hotel etc booked today. Just worried about tickets. Anyone reckon they'll be an issue ? Thanks

No they wont be an issue as has been stated numerous times on here

Thanks, only went a few pages back, didn't read the full thing

Yea no hassle,we willl be offered plenty of tickets and be stuck up in the gods again  under the scoreboard.

Thought the view was absolutely sh*te the last time.  We were miles from the pitch.

Ah balls was forgetting this place has a running track around the pitch   
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

viduka9aus View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viduka9aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 9:02am
I see Aer Lingus have bumped their prices up to Vienna by almost 400 euro. I was getting Dub to Vie at 150 euro yesterday, now 530 Angry
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 11:42am
Would an hour and a half be enough to transfer in Schipol? I'm just a bit wary because of the size of the airport and I'd be going through different bookings and airlines. Potentially land in with Aer Lingus, fly out with Austrian Airlines.

I take it getting in and around Vienna is handy enough, and to the stadium? Looks like we may be staying at that A&O Wien Stadthalle
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 1:11pm
[QUOTE=viduka9aus]I see Aer Lingus have bumped their prices up to Vienna by almost 400 euro. I was getting Dub to Vie at 150 euro yesterday, now 530 Angry
Surprised if you where getting that as a direct flight, Friday / Sunday has been 530 for months. Bit the bullet and booked Ryanair to Bratislava
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by forza trapp forza trapp wrote:

[QUOTE=viduka9aus]I see Aer Lingus have bumped their prices up to Vienna by almost 400 euro. I was getting Dub to Vie at 150 euro yesterday, now 530 Angry
Surprised if you where getting that as a direct flight, Friday / Sunday has been 530 for months. Bit the bullet and booked Ryanair to Bratislava
I was one of a fair number of folks from on here who managed to book those direct flights with AL for 150 euro back in February. Cool.

Can't remember who it was who told us about it on here but fair play to them, I was resigned to getting indirect flights only for that. Clap

And to think I only found out about it because I was virtually glued to the forum that night hoping for news on any payments being collected for Euro 2016 tickets. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 5:17pm
Anyone book train from Vienna to Budapest yet ?

It looks to be priced differently depending on which site you check. Does it make a difference if I use Hungary rail site instead of Austrian ?
viduka9aus View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viduka9aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 8:51am
Looks like the best / hassle free way is to go via London. 200 euro return to Bratislava atm
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:48am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Would an hour and a half be enough to transfer in Schipol? I'm just a bit wary because of the size of the airport and I'd be going through different bookings and airlines. Potentially land in with Aer Lingus, fly out with Austrian Airlines.

had an hour and 20 min layover each time I was in Schiphol over the weekend very easy to navigate
I take it getting in and around Vienna is handy enough, and to the stadium? Looks like we may be staying at that A&O Wien Stadthalle
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 11:32am
Originally posted by viduka9aus viduka9aus wrote:

Looks like the best / hassle free way is to go via London. 200 euro return to Bratislava atm

Look at eurowings Stanstead to Vienna. That's way I'm flying (starting in dublin) checked them earlier in week and flights were around 200 dub-stanstead-vienna rtn
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 11:42am
Originally posted by viduka9aus viduka9aus wrote:

Dublin - Gatwick - Vienna on the 10th was €65 last week.Home via Budapest will cost €60.
Add in about €20 for the train.
Will get over/back for around €150 Thursday to Monday.
daskip89 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daskip89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 11:43am
Flights from Gatwick Saturday morning 9am, Return Sunday Luton 9pm €80 EasyJet on Monday.
Hotel Regina "73metre" walk from Charlie Ps €200 for 3 for 1 night. Got it on on Booking.com Monday.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 11:54am
Might be an option for heading home,Ryanair Salzburg to Stanstead Sunday 13th -19 Euro, Monday 14th -24 Euro,Stanstead to Dublin is  33 on the Sunday and 14 on the Monday, Westbahn train from Vienna to Salzburg is 25 Euro or up to 5 people can travel anywhere in Austria on the Einfach Raus  ticket for 45 Euro so 9 Euro each.

Or getting here, Friday 11th,last flight from Dublin to Stanstead arrives at 11pm  - 14 Euro, flight to Salzburg leaves the next morning at 6.30 am - 19 pounds.

Edited by Salzburglilly - 07 Sep 2016 at 12:13pm
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

It looks to be priced differently depending on which site you check. Does it make a difference if I use Hungary rail site instead of Austrian ?

Don't book off the Hungarian one unless you are flying into Hungary first. You have to collect the tickets in Hungary, so that's no use if you are flying into Austria then getting the train down.

Be careful on the oebb website because some parts of it only show the full price tickets, not discount tickets. Make sure you click "book ticket now" on the homepage, not the timetable search, as you will only be shown full price tickets that way.

The 07:42 train on Sunday morning still has €19 tickets anyway, although most of the rest of he trains are €38.80, which I think is full price. If you book the early train, make sure you book a hotel near the Hauptbahnhof, because the metro might not be running really early on Sunday morning (I'm not sure, I haven't checked it).

Edit: it runs 24 hours at the weekend. That could be dangerous.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 07 Sep 2016 at 3:58pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Don't book off the Hungarian one unless you are flying into Hungary first. You have to collect the tickets in Hungary, so that's no use if you are flying into Austria then getting the train down.

Be careful on the oebb website because some parts of it only show the full price tickets, not discount tickets. Make sure you click "book ticket now" on the homepage, not the timetable search, as you will only be shown full price tickets that way.

The 07:42 train on Sunday morning still has €19 tickets anyway, although most of the rest of he trains are €38.80, which I think is full price. If you book the early train, make sure you book a hotel near the Hauptbahnhof, because the metro might not be running really early on Sunday morning (I'm not sure, I haven't checked it).

Cheers SD Thumbs Up

Wont go with that earlier train but see there are some for €29 later in the day.
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 5:16pm
Finally booked up today Shannon-Stansted-Salzburg return leaving Friday night 8 hour layover in the airport then early flight Sat morn onto Salzburg before getting train to Vienna excited is an understatement should be a belter of a trip Thumbs Up
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 7:56pm
Booked Dublin-Brussels-Vienna return, Friday to Sunday €185. Happy with that.
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
Cathalio11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalio11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 12:44am
Sorted flights and accommodation out for this game today.
160 on flights, Dublin <-> Dusseldorf<-> Vienna. Thurs -> Sunday.

100 on accommodation for the 3 days at Pension Lehrerhaus, a basic 2 star in the city centre.

Edited by Cathalio11 - 08 Sep 2016 at 6:13am
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 3:32am
Booked Dublin/Munich/Vienna return (Lufthansa/Austrian airlines) a few weeks back for €199, it's now €234, still good value in my opinion. 

Out Friday evening, back Sunday morning. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 54>
  Share Topic