You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - November 12th 2016- Travel + Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 54>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:04am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I know there are plenty on here calling this the least appealing of the three away trips, but surely it is only the least appealing to those of us who go to most games and who were there the last time.

For fans who don't often go to away games or only go to one or two per campaign, this is clearly the bigger draw. Compared to the other two games this season, it's in Western Europe, it's easy to get to, with plenty of direct flights, it's cheaper than the other games to get to, it is easy to organise, and it's a Saturday night, so it might not even take any annual leave, plus it is easier to persuade the other half to go to Vienna than it is to go to Belgrade or Chisinau, especially with the added incentive of there being Christmas markets on at the same time.

I have no doubt this is the stand out away trip of the next three for fans who only want to do one trip. Some individuals may feel different, sure, but I think the vast majority who only do one will do Vienna rather than either of the other two. Given the difficulty (albeit often perceived rather than researched) of getting to the other two places, along with the lesser "cultural appeal", if I can put it like that, of former communist cities like Belgrade and Chisinau, Vienna will have the highest number of fans, easily, early this campaign.

I'd be surprised if there weren't a lot more there this time than 2013, anyway. Now, we won't get 5,000, so tickets shouldn't be an issue, but it will be well attended.

After promising Christmas markets I haven't plucked up the courage to tell herself we'll be there too early for the markets.
The dark side.. And the light
Sponsored Links

irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:06am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

After promising Christmas markets I haven't plucked up the courage to tell herself we'll be there too early for the markets.

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:33am
no way the Christmas markets will be on by then haha! although perhaps breaking it to the missus might mean you'll get the weekend to yourself pal!

When will the crook Delaney and his cronies be announcing tickets? no doubt he'll give his usual crap of "securing more tickets" aka doing what his job is supposed to be.

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:44am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

no way the Christmas markets will be on by then haha! although perhaps breaking it to the missus might mean you'll get the weekend to yourself pal!

When will the crook Delaney and his cronies be announcing tickets? no doubt he'll give his usual crap of "securing more tickets" aka doing what his job is supposed to be.

tickets will not be an issue
we will be lucky to get even 1,000 over there

I know nothing :-)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:47am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

tickets will not be an issue
we will be lucky to get even 1,000 over there

Is the correct answer, the band wagon will not roll out again for a good while due to where finals will take place in the next couple of tournaments
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:47am
ya not worried about tickets, just asking when are the allocations available?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:53am

The game isn't until November FFS it's July will ya calm down
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:54am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

LOL
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 11:08am

you going to answer the question lass?
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 11:11am
We're in Belgrade in 5 weeks and still haven't even applied for those yet so that's an indication of how fast the FAI will move on this. 
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 11:29am
cheers goat!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 12:17pm

What goat said, it's usually 3/4 weeks before game.

my apologies if I came across harsh, I thought i'd replied to same question before to you turns out it was another panic merchant in the Moldova thread who was wondering when and how he can apply for tickets for all the games
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 1:09pm

What goat said, it's usually 3/4 weeks before game.

my apologies if I came across harsh, I thought i'd replied to same question before to you turns out it was another panic merchant in the Moldova thread who was wondering when and how he can apply for tickets for all the games

cheers! no panic on it, just not a ST holder anymore as I'm living abroad and so don't have access on the FAI site, in case it had been mentioned!

forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

[QUOTE=darmack]After promising Christmas markets I haven't plucked up the courage to tell herself we'll be there too early for the markets.

I promised snow and a Christmas market ConfusedConfused
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 4:20pm
Thats me booked up, Dublin - Budapest, Wed to Mon €83, might as well make a holiday out of it as i cnat make the other games
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 4:27pm
Booked today myself Belf-Heathrow-Vienna £200 return

Had an eye on aer lingus flights when they were cheap as chips but didnt know if I could go then. Ah well

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 6:25pm
Booked outbound today Cork-Paris cdg- Vienna.good times too.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
sparkyallen94 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkyallen94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 11:00pm
Anyone any idea when the Austria tickets application will start?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 54>
  Share Topic