You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Qualification Group D Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 190>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by elroy45 elroy45 wrote:

Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

Englands late goal against Slovenia seems massive now as it put them out. A draw and they would be playing for the playoffs like Scotland, therefore more chance of a draw. I was cheering Scotland on the other night but it's funny I'll be cheering Slovenia tomorrow

Don't agree. I think a draw there would've been good as it would've given Slovenia a more realistic chance at second. But even with that draw and a win over Scots they would only have 18 points whereas we must finish with 19.

Thats what I mean. The English goal massive in a bad way for the reasons you state. And the fact Slovenia have nothing to play for giving Scotland the edge
Sponsored Links

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:32pm
They might as well have just shown a replay of West Germany v Austria 1982 rather than showing this.
ColG View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:35pm
Well there goes that! Onto tomorrow!
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:36pm

Originally posted by elroy45 elroy45 wrote:

Englands late goal against Slovenia seems massive now as it put them out. A draw and they would be playing for the playoffs like Scotland, therefore more chance of a draw. I was cheering Scotland on the other night but it's funny I'll be cheering Slovenia tomorrow

Don't agree. I think a draw there would've been good as it would've given Slovenia a more realistic chance at second. But even with that draw and a win over Scots they would only have 18 points whereas we must finish with 19.

Thats what I mean. The English goal massive in a bad way for the reasons you state. And the fact Slovenia have nothing to play for giving Scotland the edge

Depends what you mean by 'nothing to play for'. They're still going to try and finish with a win given how high up the table they are. It's not as if they are languishing on 6 points or something. Also they may feel they owe Scotland something having lost the first one 1-0 with a very late Scottish goal.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:36pm
sh*te
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:37pm
onto tomorrow, didn't hold out much hope for tonight anyway so not surprised 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:38pm
If we win 3-0 in Wales we will be exactly level with Greece. It will go to fair play points.

This is all assuming Greece beat Gibraltar, which they will.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:38pm
Righr so, greece can finish on 13 points now too like us, they only have +6 goal difference, and im sure a few of those were against the rock, catchable?
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:39pm
The Slovenia-Scotland match is the earlier ko tomorrow - 5pm.
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:39pm
Oh Slovenia please don't lose tomorrow, nerves are gonna be bad enough on Monday without needing two results to go our way
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:40pm
Right so thats greece out of reach unless we win 3-0 in cardiff I think. Onto the jocks tomorrow. Our own fault really if we hadnt gone into games so negatively we wouldnt be in this position.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:41pm
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:43pm
Personally think teams like Cyprus and Greece should be kept apart in qualifying, oldest trick in the book it looked like tonight, let them score first it will not look as bad
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Seriously what Hans? You just claimed that prior results are no indication as to the probability of scoring 5-6 goals against a team, which is about as brain dead an assertion as saying Spains previous form would have no bearing on our probability of beating them.

What the hell are you even talking about? Are you on magic mushrooms?

Let me ask you this, and please just answer straight up. If there was a scenario where we were playing Moldova at home in our final group game, we were 2 up after 20 minutes and knew that a 6 goal margin would qualify us for the World Cup, do you think we could manage to beat them by 6?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:44pm
We have 17 yellows and no reds.

Greece have 17 yellows and 3 reds (one straight, and two for two yellows).

So if we win 3-0, we will be through, provided we don't do it in an incredibly undisciplined way.

That words out as -17 fair play points for us, but -27 fair play points for Greece.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 07 Oct 2017 at 9:47pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

So if we win 3-0, we will be through, provided we don't do it in an incredibly undisciplined way.

Between yourself and Rolo, I tip my hat to you both superb stuff LOLClap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:48pm
That was the biggest fix I have ever seen tonight. An absolute embarrassment. The fans weren't even whistling for the team to push on. I wonder could that ever be investigated, it literally couldn't have been more obvious. 

Anyways, frustration out. Be nice to know what we need before KO in Cardiff but we just need to win. Scotland will surely not miss out on this opportunity. 
ColG View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Brilliant as always! Your head must be melted going through all of this!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 190>
  Share Topic