You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will terrorism put you off going to France?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 39>
Poll Question: Will a potential attack stop you travelling?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [8.71%]
220 [91.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 11:13pm
I'll be there..I won't be too worried to be honest. The girlfriend and parents are a bit worried for me though
Sponsored Links

Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 11:16pm
If you have grown up in Ireland (especially the North) I don't think the thought of potential terrorism is going to put you off doing anything 
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 11:18pm
If it stops you going and doing what you love ie attending football it will stop you going shopping in dublin becuase these (unts could strike anywhere so no it won't stop me
tobymcclure View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobymcclure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 11:21pm
no chance.
They have stepped things up security wise in Britain since 7/7 attacks and there hasnt been anything since. same will apply here. 
really do hate that ISIS crowd, they really do give terrorists a bad name thoughLOL

Anonymous the internet hackers have started against them now, canceling their facebook and twitter pages!! which might be a mistake, as whenever im planning anything big i alway post it on facebook Big smile 
Row F, bird with the viking hat- check out the size of her b**bs            
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 11:21pm
Grew up in Dublin, bomb scares were a away of life for a number of years after the 1974 bombs. Will definitely go. My slight concern is the affect of robust security might have on the "joie de vivre" on the tournament as a whole.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 11:30pm
Spent almost 5 years in college in Malaga, ETA blew up a hotel close enough to me.
Its been a long old slog from Tbilisi to Zenica, a lot of time,effort and money,plus the home games i flew back for,all to get to France so there is no way i'm not going!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 12:16am
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

not a chance will take more than a few mindless idiots from me supporting my country

ok but what about the terrorists?WinkLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 2:32am
The stadiums will probably be the safest places in France next year.

However as we've seen, Islamic terrorists can strike in plenty more places. Bars, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, concert halls, transport, transport stations, major tourist attractions, and many more alternatives. Anywhere large groups gather may be a target. They make the IRA look reasonable. No codewords, no warnings, no negotiations. They just slaughter everyone in sight, on the spot.

France has been targeted at least 8 times in the past 12 months, Paris has been hit three times, and was just one of those places. That's before you consider the amount of incidents that were prevented, which apparently now happens every week. So security is a concern. If a country can't guarantee your safety, you should think long and hard over whether it is worth the risk and the hassle. It's only a game you know.
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 9:32am
Mr.Doom is at it again
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 9:35am
I don't think I'll go to Paris if we're playing there tbh, any other city should be ok, if there are more incidents in the next 7 months I'll re-consider though...
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 10:02am
Nah, it definitely wouldn't put me off.

And besides, there are worse ways to leave this world then being well oiled at a major tournament surrounded by fellow Irish fans! Just sayin'...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 10:05am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I don't think I'll go to Paris if we're playing there tbh, any other city should be ok, if there are more incidents in the next 7 months I'll re-consider though...
The only thing that would put me off going to Paris is Paris itself, hate the place. Certainly wont be letting the threat from ISIS put me off. 
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

The only thing that would put me off going to Paris is Paris itself, hate the place. Certainly wont be letting the threat from ISIS put me off. 

And the price of pints - its gonna be a few weeks of wine.
bananarepublic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananarepublic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 10:30am
A big concern to be honest but I will still go.
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 10:38am
St Denis one of the host areas is currently the subject of a massive police operation with at least 1 women blowing herself to as gunfire was exchanged. Really hope we are based outside of Paris now
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 10:40am
Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

St Denis one of the host areas is currently the subject of a massive police operation with at least 1 women blowing herself to as gunfire was exchanged. Really hope we are based outside of Paris now

St Denis is a kip of an area as anyone who has been out there for the rugby or football will know.

Ask the poor lads after the "henry" game about trying to get back to the city

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Mr.Doom is at it again

To be fair to Planning he's making a valid points but chances are we'll be safe. They can strike anywhere no matter how much security you have. I think the huge security presence will probably be enough of a deterrent. 

We can't let organisations like ISIS shut down major events or have us afraid to travel. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Stretchryan Stretchryan wrote:

St Denis is a kip of an area as anyone who has been out there for the rugby or football will know.

Ask the poor lads after the "henry" game about trying to get back to the city
The poor lads who were too fcuking stupid to find the train station ?

PS This including some of my mates too by the way, gobsh*tes.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 39>
  Share Topic