Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fortress Lansdowne?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fortress Lansdowne?
    Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 12:56am
Unbeaten in 9 home matches now. 

1 competitive home loss (Sweden in 2013)  in 2 years now. 

At the end of the day friendlies never tell the full picture, but to say we've only lost twice at home since the end of 2010 in competitive action is pretty good going. 

Edited by Green Devil - 17 Nov 2015 at 12:59am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 1:07am
And clean sheets in the last 3 matches now including that 1 against Germany.

Can't be bad can it?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 1:08am
This is all far to positive for YBIG. Fs where's coffee bean to damper the mood and his cronies
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 1:09am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Can't be bad can it?

It's fantastic going Thumbs Up

Special mention to the loyal band of fans who have enhanced the atmosphere and it's slowly but surely reaching good heights again too!! 

Edited by Green Devil - 17 Nov 2015 at 1:11am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 1:16am
Stadium rocking & I know it was a play off but a country with 4m+ population should sell out the ground a lot more than it does . Band wagon is about to hit top gear shortly
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Stadium rocking & I know it was a play off but a country with 4m+ population should sell out the ground a lot more than it does . Band wagon is about to hit top gear shortly

TBH once all regulars get sorted for tickets first, then let the band wagon roar for all I care as it will definitely catch a few thousand extra fans for the future. 

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Can't be bad can it?

It's fantastic going Thumbs Up

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Special mention to the loyal band of fans who have enhanced the atmosphere and it's slowly but surely reaching good heights again too!! </span>

Support was top class again 2night, all over the stadium as well, not just the SS in 114
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:10am
And can we put to bed the myth that the architecture of the stadium prevents a good atmosphere - if the team is performing the atmosphere will follow 
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Stadium far from rocking....great atmosphere for the start......the goal....then near silence until the  70th minute....that's not support!
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:52am
Anything that drowned out that relentless song the Bosnians were singing was good in my view. It was the same verse non stop...
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:54am
Originally posted by depechemode depechemode wrote:

Anything that drowned out that relentless song the Bosnians were singing was good in my view. It was the same verse non stop...
Unlike say ....the Fields of Athenry ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:56am
Sure didn't we stand up for ..ole ole and some other classics
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 11:52am
In retrospect, we were very unlucky to draw against Scotland. That game in June had all the ingredients of the wins to nil against Germany and Bosnia, it was just that the Scottish shot on goal took a wicked deflection off John O'Shea and flew into the corner of the net.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 11:56am
Our goal was offside that day too though

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It was indeed, but even if we assume that neither goal had taken place, there's a good chance we may have snatched one, maybe in the last twenty minutes or so and won 1-0.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 12:07pm
Murphy also missed a guilt edged chance not long after they equalised when played through on goal. Poor chap just never looks like scoring in green.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It was indeed, but even if we assume that neither goal had taken place, there's a good chance we may have snatched one, maybe in the last twenty minutes or so and won 1-0.

Yeah i know. As usual we changed mindset when we scored and retreated and conceded possession instead of staying on the front foot. 
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

And can we put to bed the myth that the architecture of the stadium prevents a good atmosphere - if the team is performing the atmosphere will follow 

Absolutely. I'm sick of hearing that nonsense. The place was electric for the Germany game and last night, and even for Russia a couple of years back. Get a big crowd in, shout yer head off and there's your atmosphere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic