You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA 2016 ticket portal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 32333435>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:27am
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

The UEFA site only allows you to sell them back minus a handling fee.  

It might be tough to get swops though as most of us have nothing to swop.  

Its a f**king joke that Uefa charges a handling fee to shift tickets you dont really want. It just encourages neutral fans to attend games they have no real interest in rather than take a financial hit if they sell tickets on the portal.  Surely some political/FAI folks can put pressure on UEFA regarding this

Is it stupid to suggest the FAI subsidise this cost so that sellers get their full money back ?? 

On the upside, the Sweden game is on a monday. Cant see many french people taking the day off work to attend a game that France isnt involved in. So they would be more likely to sell tickets for a Monday game than a Saturday one.

Also the French nation owes us one, as an apology for Thierry Henry Tongue  Now is their chance to sort us out Wink

You're not serious I hope LOLLOL
Sponsored Links

damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:28am
Cat 4 tickets for sale on the web, the company is based in Dublin, price 600.00 euro, what a shower of WanK£$% !!
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:33am
Originally posted by damo21 damo21 wrote:

Cat 4 tickets for sale on the web, the company is based in Dublin, price 600.00 euro, what a shower of WanK£$% !!

Is that for all the games?
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

You know what, I'll be well pissed off if there's a U turn on this and UEFA start accepting debit cards. It was clearly stared in the terms and conditions and mentioned on this forum on numerous occasions. If people can't be bothered to check it out beforehand, that's their problem.

Surely it's good news. I don't think any of us would want to see someone denied tickets just because they didn't have access to a credit card?  The important thing is the tickets go to people with an established record of supporting the team.

Agree, they should also back track on only processing the card once, they should reapply 7 days later for any delined cards, giving people a chance to sort only any problem. The vast majority (IMO) of fans who would be most deserving of tickets probably are struggling to have the full amount available and any unexpected charge on
 their card could see the payment request bounce.
I know nothing :-)
damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:55am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

No that is per game , how can they have them up on their site selling them and they haven't been released yet, would love to know where they are getting them from.

he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 12:04pm

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

No that is per game , how can they have them up on their site selling them and they haven't been released yet, would love to know where they are getting them from.

Loads of tickets were sold during the summer, venue specific tickets.

There are companies (professional touts) who will advertise tickets for any event without actually having them and once the get a buyer, will go looking to buy them for a lower price. 

Some fans will pay abbeys price just to have a match ticket, others will do the diy package and use touts to source tickets.

Impossible to clamp down on the way tickets are sold by uefa,

I know nothing :-)
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 12:05pm
As far as I know, a lot of those ticket sales sites charge mad money for the tickets with a money back guarantee if they don't come up with the goods. Now, here is where it gets interesting. They charge you a big whack of cash upfront without having anything to sell and then use their touting network to try and purchase your ticket. If they don't secure your ticket with a decent mark up from them included in the price, they simply return your cash. The small print may state that they have to inform you that they have not been successful something like 30 minutes before kickoff and they are not going to be held liable for your travel costs. So you pay €600 per ticket and fly to Paris, also paying top dollar for a hotel and other cost. These sh*t€bags either get you a ticket in advance for a fraction of what you paid them or else they leave you short with nothing but your flute in your hand standing outside the Stade de France staring at your phone waiting for a positive update with none forthcoming.  
El Puto Amo
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

As far as I know, a lot of those ticket sales sites charge mad money for the tickets with a money back guarantee if they don't come up with the goods. Now, here is where it gets interesting. They charge you a big whack of cash upfront without having anything to sell and then use their touting network to try and purchase your ticket. If they don't secure your ticket with a decent mark up from them included in the price, they simply return your cash. The small print may state that they have to inform you that they have not been successful something like 30 minutes before kickoff and they are not going to be held liable for your travel costs. So you pay €600 per ticket and fly to Paris, also paying top dollar for a hotel and other cost. These sh*t€bags either get you a ticket in advance for a fraction of what you paid them or else they leave you short with nothing but your flute in your hand standing outside the Stade de France staring at your phone waiting for a positive update with none forthcoming.  
So what you are saying is that is the best way for us to go Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 12:49pm
Will be annoyed if my application is unsuccessful due to more than one person using the same credit card when applying. All the hassle to try and get a CC and now finding out we didn't need one in the first place.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Will be annoyed if my application is unsuccessful due to more than one person using the same credit card when applying. All the hassle to try and get a CC and now finding out we didn't need one in the first place.

My credit card was used for 2 applications.  Will you be annoyed if we get tickets?  Will you blame us if you don't get tickets?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 1:19pm

Reference Euroteam (I think that is what they were called) for Switzerland away 2003.  Thousands of tickets sold at inflated prices.  They simply couldn't deliver.  It was sickening to watch.  Loads of false promises right up to just before kickoff   Thousands of Irish fans locked out.

Normally these guys don't have tickets but if they make big sales then try and source tickets right up to kickoff.  Remember in many cases tickets can be very easy on the day having been impossible beforehand.   If they can't the more reputable (even using the term is wrong) of them refund your credit card.  The others you probably have to fight to get your money back.   

As you say just avoid.
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 3:17pm
Apparently under new rules abbey get no tickets
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 3:26pm

My credit card was used for 2 applications.  Will you be annoyed if we get tickets?  Will you blame us if you don't get tickets?

What are you talking about?
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 4:53pm

It seems I may have misread your post in which case I apologise.
barcabhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barcabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 5:12pm

Reference Euroteam (I think that is what they were called) for Switzerland away 2003.  Thousands of tickets sold at inflated prices.  They simply couldn't deliver.  It was sickening to watch.  Loads of false promises right up to just before kickoff   Thousands of Irish fans locked out.

Normally these guys don't have tickets but if they make big sales then try and source tickets right up to kickoff.  Remember in many cases tickets can be very easy on the day having been impossible beforehand.   If they can't the more reputable (even using the term is wrong) of them refund your credit card.  The others you probably have to fight to get your money back.   

As you say just avoid.

Ya remember it well. I was one of those stung in Basel. Luckily 2 local lads sold me and my brother face value tickets 5 minutes before kick off. I wouldn't go near anything like that again.
For these games, you must keep a cold heart no, a warm heart and a cold mind no, head! So you must have a warm heart and (pause)a cold head.
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 6:02pm
Theres a statement doing the rounds raft debit cards will now be accepted what a farce this is
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 6:14pm

It seems I may have misread your post in which case I apologise.

No worries
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

The UEFA site only allows you to sell them back minus a handling fee.  

It might be tough to get swops though as most of us have nothing to swop.  

Its a f**king joke that Uefa charges a handling fee to shift tickets you dont really want. It just encourages neutral fans to attend games they have no real interest in rather than take a financial hit if they sell tickets on the portal.  Surely some political/FAI folks can put pressure on UEFA regarding this

Is it stupid to suggest the FAI subsidise this cost so that sellers get their full money back ?? 

On the upside, the Sweden game is on a monday. Cant see many french people taking the day off work to attend a game that France isnt involved in. So they would be more likely to sell tickets for a Monday game than a Saturday one.

Also the French nation owes us one, as an apology for Thierry Henry Tongue  Now is their chance to sort us out Wink

You're not serious I hope LOLLOL

Yep I'm serious. Perhaps its expecting too much to expect the FAI to subsidise anything. But the point is that neutral fans should be encouraged to part with their tickets at face value (not less as is the case with returns to the portal).

If Pierre in Bordeaux, who paid 200 euro for 4 tickets hoping to get a France game sees that he will only get 150 euro back if he returns them to the portal, then he will probably say 'f**k it I might as well go to the game'

Ideally, He should get his 200 euro back. Perhaps the cost on the portal can then be 250 for 4 tickets in the resale. UEFA will still get their extra 50 euro and genuine fans can get tickets.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 32333435>
  Share Topic