You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorist attacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Theresa May has surely broken a record of terror attacks whilst Prime Minister at this stage?

You worry about what people she appointed to her anti terror team because from the outside it looks as if they are completely incompetent.

I don't like her but no amount of security can legislate for the type of random terrorist attacks that have occurred in London this year. It's impossible to police every single tube station in one of the world's largest metro systems.

How can you prevent someone randomly ploughing into pedestrians all of a sudden with little or no previous terrorist convictions?

But, isn't that the problem? Admitting nearly self defeat. It may not be Mays fault directly, but she was responsible for cutting Met numbers in a previous role. 

You can prevent someone by having billiards in place, in highly pedestrian areas. It's a very simple solution. Todays attack, could of possibly been preventing by simply searching in a bag randomly. 

The Met could definitely recruit more, and train their officers to be better able to deal with such attacks. If you portray the attitude you just demonstrated the terrorist believes they can't be stopped, at all.

I see...........get the terrorists to be distracted by playing billiards , and then arrest them at the end of a couple of frames

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:46am
It's a good strategy SligoH, who hasn't stopped to hit a few balls and a few hours later you're still hitting away. You'd forget that bag of explosives in no time
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I got the Tom Parsons reference. Well done you.
I've never heard Mayo referred to as "the greens" by anyone, so very much doubt they would be referred to that in a newspaper headline.

Standard Sid Waddell reaction to a terrorist attack:
1. Be deeply offended if anyone calls it a terrorist attack
2. Create sh*t jokes about said attack .

Who referred to Mayo as "the greens"? 

Are you imagining things?

Your sh*t joke did
The headline would surely be, to satisfy your make believe newspaper headline "Parson's green and red explosion"
That makes it sound like people have died. 

You are spreading unnecessary panic for forum members who may have loved ones in London and are logging in here looking for news.

You are disgusting.

Stick to the darts jokes. That's a lot better material.
You're asking me to do a full 180 in terms of my posting style and that's not something I'm prepared to do.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:49am

Theresa May has surely broken a record of terror attacks whilst Prime Minister at this stage?

You worry about what people she appointed to her anti terror team because from the outside it looks as if they are completely incompetent.

I don't like her but no amount of security can legislate for the type of random terrorist attacks that have occurred in London this year. It's impossible to police every single tube station in one of the world's largest metro systems.

How can you prevent someone randomly ploughing into pedestrians all of a sudden with little or no previous terrorist convictions?

But, isn't that the problem? Admitting nearly self defeat. It may not be Mays fault directly, but she was responsible for cutting Met numbers in a previous role. 

You can prevent someone by having billiards in place, in highly pedestrian areas. It's a very simple solution. Todays attack, could of possibly been preventing by simply searching in a bag randomly. 

The Met could definitely recruit more, and train their officers to be better able to deal with such attacks. If you portray the attitude you just demonstrated the terrorist believes they can't be stopped, at all.

I see...........get the terrorists to be distracted by playing billiards , and then arrest them at the end of a couple of frames
LOL They would be snookered then alright.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:50am

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I always remember a line I heard from an American, 'Everything I needed to know about Islam I leant on 9/11' 

I had a quick read through pages on this thread, as I said in the football thread. It's the Irish mentality, 'we're alright, we're grand sure no one would touch us' 

Terrible, how did that get by the many many police now patrolling London. Questions to be answered. 

Sure anybody can just walk onto the tube - Not sure there is a practical way around that.

Maybe, it's time that was addressed then. Stop and frisk, before I read the counter argument, it was knocked by a liberal Judge in the US. If it was a conversation or even centre judge it would of remained. Or possibly a more slim lined version of airport security to enter the tube. There's nothing stopping a suicide bomber entering a tube at present. 

It's becoming all to frequent now. 

Relating GAA, to a radical islamic terrorist attack for a quick laugh. Sums up the Irish attitude, what are the Gardai doing to prevent such attacks? or the PSNI? 

The fortunate element today, is the device failed to detonate correctly if early reports are to be correct. 

simply daft suggestion. tube handles in excess of 5 million passengers a day
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:54am
The great thing about the "solutions" of reactionary right-wing nut jobs is that they are always so practical.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:27pm
Sky saying the device seems to have been on a timer which doesn't fit in with the MO of ISIS if you compare with previous incidents in the UK (Although of course the Boston Bombings are example of ISIS inspired attacks like this) Wonder are we looking at far right extremists given the recent arrests in England.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 15 Sep 2017 at 12:30pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:32pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Thought I'd glance through here to experience Groundhogs Day. Yup there it is 

Yup Tio Pepe/SByrne making the same sh*t points on 'Islamic' terrorism Sleepy

If you'd ever care to look at my server you'd realise I'm not 'Byrner' nor 'Sbyrne' or whatever other tag i've noticed I've been labelled with. 

Of course your not

'you're'

You're not allowed to communicate with me, until you've established basic English. 

Oh the irony LOLLOLLOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:34pm

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Thought I'd glance through here to experience Groundhogs Day. Yup there it is 

Yup Tio Pepe/SByrne making the same sh*t points on 'Islamic' terrorism Sleepy

If you'd ever care to look at my server you'd realise I'm not 'Byrner' nor 'Sbyrne' or whatever other tag i've noticed I've been labelled with. 

Of course your not

'you're'

You're not allowed to communicate with me, until you've established basic English. 

Christ you are some f**king loser

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:46pm
We're very fortunate these losers show a certain level of incompetence more often than not.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:47pm

LOL
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Had of - Definitely Byrner

LOL correct.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Right on cue.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:31pm

Sky saying the device seems to have been on a timer which doesn't fit in with the MO of ISIS if you compare with previous incidents in the UK (Although of course the Boston Bombings are example of ISIS inspired attacks like this) Wonder are we looking at far right extremists given the recent arrests in England.

Come of it dinny

Wonder if the Welsh fella from the valleys is behind this ha

If the handful of right wing nutters attack they will hit a mosque or a uaf march not a tube through leafy south west london
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:37pm
Only a matter of time before these lads are lifted. Nothing the security services can do except continue to keep up the levels of surveillance and root out these f**kwits before they can carry out an attack.

Edited by colemanY2K - 15 Sep 2017 at 1:38pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Come of it dinny

Wonder if the Welsh fella from the valleys is behind this ha

If the handful of right wing nutters attack they will hit a mosque or a uaf march not a tube through leafy south west london
If there is one thing you can say for far-right nut-jobs, it is that they have always been very vigilant about who they blow the f**k out of.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Right on cue.

Peter Ebdon and Graeme Dott could be used as secret anti-terror agents. Get them to play 100 hour frames and the terrorists would just fall asleep while watching.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 3:32pm
Terry Grifiths as mentor
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162>
  Share Topic