You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorist attacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 162>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:35am
same old story on here, barely a word of criticism for the killer

Let's all criticise the Daily Mail every time we hear news breaking of a terrorist act in the world
How odd
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:35am
That must be your longest post ever on here..........
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:28am
Its mental Baggio and really makes me scratch my head at times. Literally the first reaction to any terror attack. Daily Mail Daily Heil. Can we have a separate thread for the Daily Mail perhaps?  

LaPen is indeed a divisive rabble rouser however she only has a glimmer because of the absolute carnage and death that radicalised lunatics have brought to France over the last few years.

I am sure the 238 victims of all colours and creeds who were slaughtered in France over the last few year would disagree fundamentally with Sid's statement about the "real danger". How a sect of mad ****s who slaughter your relatives cannot is not a "real"danger is anyone's guess. I would expect that LaPens agenda does not involve slaughtering innocent people 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:42am
The step-by-step reaction to a terrorist attack on YBIG:

1 - criticise anyone who dares suggest that it is a terrorist attack
2 - point out a case in America were a man shot his partner recently and ask is that a terrorist attack too
3 - argue that its a lone wolf attack, so it isn't that bad
4 - criticise anyone who dares mention that the perpetrator may have been an Islamic terrorist
5 - criticise the daily mail
6 - criticise people who you don't know but who may have a right wing attitude, and who might now write things about this attack on twitter
7 - comment that it is people who read and believe the daily mail, and the said tweets talked about in point 6, who are the real problem here, and not the islamic terrorists who are killing all around them

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Apr 2017 at 8:45am
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:27am
let me break this down for you, also in 7 points.

1 - news breaks.

2 - some moron on here logs onto the daily mail online. they think it's the muslamics but they need to double check.

3 - they find the story. its a good one. they post. usually followed by a sarcastic dig at tolerant people. 

4 - in the follow days more stories follow. usually brought to you exclusively by the daily mail...
"Iraqi Islamist is arrested". "attack carried out in the name of islam". 

5 - a week later it turns out that some german russian fella called Sergej did it. turns out he was a part time investment guy and took a bet out that dortmund shares would fall. 

6 - daily mail boys forget this story and move on...

7 - conclusion - this happens over and over again. therefore, please f**king forgive me for ignoring our resident ring-wing twats who get a hard on every time an "attack" happens in europe.
Steve1983 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

2 - point out a case in America were a man shot his partner recently and ask is that a terrorist attack too
4 - criticise anyone who dares mention that the perpetrator may have been an Islamic terrorist
6 - criticise people who you don't know but who may have a right wing attitude, and who might now write things about this attack on twitter
7 - comment that it is people who read and believe the daily mail, and the said tweets talked about in point 6, who are the real problem here, and not the islamic terrorists who are killing all around them
You forgot to mention step 8.  Call everyone who wants to prevent it from happening again a fascist, racist or maybe even a nazi.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:48am
RIP the police officer killed last night

have to disagree with media outlets calling this a terrorist attack. just like the incident in London a couple of weeks back, it is nothing more than a criminal act. it's pure lazy journalism and scare mongering by classifying it as a terrorist attack. this attacker had a history of attacking police officers...

champs elysees was fine this morning and the metro was still full with people going about their daily basis when I was on it this morning (ligne 1 which travels underneath the champs elysees for anyone wondering).

it's the media reporting this as a terrorist attack that now has me worrying a bit more about melenchon and le pen getting through to the run-off
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:53am
He was identified by the intelligence services as a potential Islamist radical in recent years
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:02am
It comes down to what you define as a terror attack, and also his true motivations obviously. If he just did this because he was a violent loon, that's not 'really' a terror attack. If this was done with the intention of spreading fear of radical Islam, or retaliation for French involvement in Syria, then yes, it would be appropriate to define it as terrorism. Just because he is or was on a watchlist, does not automatically class this as a terror attack.

Whatever the motivation behind it, it's still f*cking awful.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:13am

Baggio who on earth posted that it wasn't that bad if it's a lone wolf attack?

Myself and another couple of posters were discussing that lone wolf attacks are harder to detect so where did you get that from?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:26am

He was identified by the intelligence services as a potential Islamist radical in recent years

ok, so if he was a real Islamic radical and had been reached out to by ISIS is any way, surely their message would have been to inflict larger scale terror as been the case with any other attack that they pin their colours to? the fact that this lad has a history of attacking the police (even before he was lumped into an ever-expanding remit for anti-terror groups as it's now a case of including any person with any sort of criminal record!), and that he pulled up beside a police van and shot at only police officers smacks of an angry attack on policing forces rather than a full blown terrorist attack. any civilian caught up and injured in this was not a target, but happened to be unfortunately walking down a specific part of the champs elysees.
I was on that street last Wednesday evening, and anyone that has been on that street knows it is invariably packed on both sidewalks. which leads to the belief that if this was a terrorist attack, we would be hearing significantly higher casualties than the one police officer...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:43am
I don't know Alihau, I can't speak for the French intelligence services, nor predict what was going through the mind of this nutter or why he didn't think of inflicting a greater loss of life.
Just saying what all news channels are reporting today.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Do what you will, far worse has been tolerated on this thread and forum. Hating people because of their religion is only frowned upon, hating them for choosing to be a **** for money is much worse.

Or hating all Dublin people, all of them are one and the same.

Ermm 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Do what you will, far worse has been tolerated on this thread and forum. Hating people because of their religion is only frowned upon, hating them for choosing to be a **** for money is much worse.

Ermm 
There is a subtle difference between hating all Dublin people and saying they are all one and the same. I hate them all but for different reasons.

That has nothing to do with allowing fascist and racist rhetoric to be posted on here.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

RIP the police officer killed last night

have to disagree with media outlets calling this a terrorist attack. just like the incident in London a couple of weeks back, it is nothing more than a criminal act. it's pure lazy journalism and scare mongering by classifying it as a terrorist attack. this attacker had a history of attacking police officers...

champs elysees was fine this morning and the metro was still full with people going about their daily basis when I was on it this morning (ligne 1 which travels underneath the champs elysees for anyone wondering).

it's the media reporting this as a terrorist attack that now has me worrying a bit more about melenchon and le pen getting through to the run-off

Fully agree chief. I work near Victoria in London. Last month the tourists and locals alike carried on as if nothing happened. Sky and the BBC however would have you believe the whole of central London was in lockdown when in fact it was just a few streets around parliament.

The worrying bit as you say is the way the media are reporting these incidents. Clearly it's having an effect on the views of your average Joe. Views that are being distorted by the media. Sad times.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:24pm

Ermm 
There is a subtle difference between hating all Dublin people and saying they are all one and the same. I hate them all but for different reasons.

That has nothing to do with allowing fascist and racist rhetoric to be posted on here.

Haters gonna hate
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:27pm

Ermm 

Haters gonna hate
I have no idea what that means, the excerpt from Mein Kampf I pulled out was much clearer.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 4:40pm
http://news.sky.com/story/active-plot-foiled-in-london-anti-terror-raid-10853903

You'd wonder how many plots there actually are with the seemingly large amount that they're intercepting in the planning stages.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 162>
  Share Topic