Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Horgan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 59>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Gone quiet now
Yeah, he was poor overall. Flattered to deceive before disappearing. 
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Gone quiet now
Yeah, he was poor overall. Flattered to deceive before disappearing. 

He was good when he was on the ball, some very nice touches, but he really struggled to get himself involved in the game. If he could do that more effectively hed be much better
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 4:35pm
Just scored vs Rangers, goal here: https://streamja.com/02mW

Hibs did just get a guy sent off and now it's 3-1 to Rangers. Not watching it so I don't know how well he's actually playing.

Edit: just seen Horgan got taken off at 57mins. Is it just me or is he always subbed off around the 60 minute mark?

Edited by BippityBoop - 11 Aug 2019 at 4:37pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:34pm
His match fitness is terrible, good player at that level but never lasts 90 minutes.

Could only ever be used by Ireland as a late impact sub I think. Even then we have a lot of better options coming through. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:05pm
Daryl is a useful player, I think he'll win more caps for us yet.
We're decent enough..
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 12:43pm
Thought he had a chance when he went over. Disappointed to see he is not even starting for Hibs these days 
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 8:46pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 6:32pm
A decent squad player at Hibs but no more than that - a good option off the bench. I can see why he struggled at Preston, he flatters to deceive most of the time. Has found his level in Scotland and will probably see out his career there or maybe play in League 1.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

A decent squad player at Hibs but no more than that - a good option off the bench. I can see why he struggled at Preston, he flatters to deceive most of the time. Has found his level in Scotland and will probably see out his career there or maybe play in League 1.
Wonder if he'd come back to Dundalk. Or if Kenny would pick him in his 40 man squad.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Wonder if he'd come back to Dundalk. Or if Kenny would pick him in his 40 man squad.
Take a massive pay cut to play at a lower level, why would he? 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 6:11pm
2 assists for him today. The ability is definitely there, and so is the prior experience working under Kenny, the big question since he left Dundalk has always been around consistency.
We're decent enough..
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 5:50pm
Daryl starts against Dundee Utd kicks off in ten mins on SSF.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

2 assists for him today. The ability is definitely there, and so is the prior experience working under Kenny, the big question since he left Dundalk has always been around consistency.

Funny you mention that. He was substituted on 56 minutes today. I don't think he's a genuine option at Intl level anymore. Sadlier's got his Championship move and Curtis may follow. Ogbene stepping up to to the Championship, too. Not to mention O'Dowda, Brady and McClean are more established options and not too much older.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:08pm
I don't think he ever was international standard to be honest. Probably slightly overrated after Dundalk, didn't do much at Preston and has been solid but not a stand out in a Hibs team that would be League 1 standard in England. He's a good solid lower league professional but that's his level and no more.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:19pm

I don't think he ever was international standard to be honest. Probably slightly overrated after Dundalk, didn't do much at Preston and has been solid but not a stand out in a Hibs team that would be League 1 standard in England. He's a good solid lower league professional but that's his level and no more.

True enough. He's got a few games for us and he's looked poor enough in all of them. I don't necessarily expect Sadlier or Ogbene to be good enough either but we should explore new options rather than persevering with ones who patently aren't good enough, as has been the case under the previous three managers, where it's been harder to get out of squads than in them.

I actually think Curtis has been decent enough for us in his limited game time, considering the amount of criticism he seemed to get. I think he'll be a regular for us in a few years, perhaps taking up McClean's mantle.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 10:25pm
A regular for us in a few years?? He's 24. If he's not a regular in the next 12 months, then I doubt he'll be up to much in a few years. 

I'll take a stab, and say he's not even in the squad in 12 months.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

A regular for us in a few years?? He's 24. If he's not a regular in the next 12 months, then I doubt he'll be up to much in a few years. 

He's only a baby. Sure Matt Doherty is still ten years away from his peak.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

He was 24 four years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 59>
  Share Topic