You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Horgan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 59>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 2:40pm
First goal was well taken considering the ball was played behind him. 2nd goal was excellent.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Damn i missed his 2nd goal. Hope his form continues. Can give us some needed pace possibly from the bench in future games. 
Despite today's performance he would need to do a hell of a lot more.Who would he be ahead of? McGeady was cut from the last squad and he is playing consistently  better than him.
surely a better option that mcclean.  I couldn't imagine mcclean scoring that goal today.
It is debatable. I mean,I couldn't imagine McClean having to go to Hibs in the first place. For all his many faults, it still seems that he has enough to entice managers at Championship level to sign him, even if that pool is narrowing.  I wouldn't have McClean in the Irish starting eleven, but he does offer something from the bench and I am not sure that Horgan does, certainly not based on this season as a whole, or indeed the majority of his time since he has left Dundalk.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 3:12pm
What a sh*te player with useless end product, only the 2 goals!! LOL
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 3:17pm

Damn i missed his 2nd goal. Hope his form continues. Can give us some needed pace possibly from the bench in future games. 
Despite today's performance he would need to do a hell of a lot more.Who would he be ahead of? McGeady was cut from the last squad and he is playing consistently  better than him.

He does not have to be in ahead of anyone. I dont look at it like that. If hes playing well enough hes in on merit. Generally someone else wont be playing as good so will drop out. Thats the way it works. This manager is getting an extra bit out of him since lennon left it seems. The more players we have playing well and esp scoring the better.

Edited by doherty - 06 Apr 2019 at 3:17pm
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 3:25pm
I wonder if Lennon would try and sign him for Celtic in the summer.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 3:25pm

He does not have to be in ahead of anyone. I dont look at it like that. If hes playing well enough hes in on merit. Generally someone else wont be playing as good so will drop out. Thats the way it works. This manager is getting an extra bit out of him since lennon left it seems. The more players we have playing well and esp scoring the better.
On merit, I don't think he should be near the squad. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 3:38pm
Excellent second goal 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 3:48pm

On merit, I don't think he should be near the squad. 

On todays showing if he keeps it up he should defo bein the next.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 3:55pm

Horgan is an option for us. He’s direct, has pace and is capable of putting a decent ball in the box. It’s not like we are blessed with loads of fantastic wingers. McGeady has had his chances and too often hasnt delivered (literally in terms of his crosses). McClean is a great athlete but is technically and positonally suspect. I’d have him in the squad.

Edited by MC Hammered - 06 Apr 2019 at 3:57pm
El Puto Amo
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 4:48pm
Great performance first Hibs player to score twice at Tynecastle in 34 years. Has to be in the next squad for me especially if he keeps up the form in the last 5 games, hopefully Mick was watching.

Edited by Green Man - 06 Apr 2019 at 4:57pm
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 4:57pm

Jack Byrne, Robbie Brady isn't playing games and is off form. Won't be much use in June at this rate. I'd put both in the next squad tbh if they keep up their form.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Jack Byrne, Robbie Brady isn't playing games and is off form. Won't be much use in June at this rate. I'd put both in the next squad tbh if they keep up their form.
Brady isn't going to be dropped, let's be honest,  and Byrne is a very different type of player. I haven't seen any of Byrne in a while either, but I was surprised he was in the squad.
 I was scanning a Hibs' forum earlier and their fans seem to think Heckingbottom has revitalised Horgan, that his performances have been gradually improving up until today. If he continues the rest of the season in that form he has a chance, but as it stands I don't think he should be. 
O'Dowda will hopefully be back too. I know he isn't a natural on the right wing, but I think he is an all round better player and a better option off the bench.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 6:13pm

I saw a stat on Twitter that he has played 2230 mins this season and has 7 goals and 9 assists. That’s not bad.

Ryan Kent gets a lot of love but he has played 3129 mins and has 6 goals and 9 assists for a team that scores more goals. 
El Puto Amo
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 6:27pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

You mean this tweet https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar/status/1114857541467549696?s=19

Yeap that’s the one 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I saw a stat on Twitter that he has played 2230 mins this season and has 7 goals and 9 assists. That’s not bad.

Ryan Kent gets a lot of love but he has played 3129 mins and has 6 goals and 9 assists for a team that scores more goals. 
Which is why I have so little time for 'assists'. Apart from their  American nature, they just make little sense in football.
Kent certainly needs to add more goals to his game, but I would much rather him in my team than Horgan. Even if he is knob.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:56pm
He is destroying Izzaguirre(not hard), his final ball has been awful though.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 1:15pm
Gone quiet now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 59>
  Share Topic