You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Horgan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 59>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

That's my point by forcing clubs to pay for your services you know they'll take you more seriously on arrival. Doesn't really make sense that he was turning down clubs at the bottom of the Championship and League One to go to Brighton when this happens hours later. I'm sure he's happy with the wage packet but surely he wants to be playing ball. Hopefully Horgan doesn't make the same mistake, what a difference it would make if he hadn't left Sligo Rovers

Fixed this for you
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

they should give him a lump sum to sign, easily worth 1m

People like you nearly bankrupted the league a few years back!
difference between giving a jumped up journey man 2 grand a week to a guy who you are guaranteed to see a return on. He has produced in europe. Worth very bare minimum 1m. But l guess the prudent thing to do is let him go for nothing . they have the financial clout to turn down derisory offers too. How do you think clubs in small european leagues operate ffs. the league has been run by morons who were happy to let players go for a pittance and no doubt a little for themselves on the side. Clubs in denmark geting a minimum of 5 or 6 million of plaeyrs that are no better

Edited by Citizen - 30 Sep 2016 at 5:04pm
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 5:22pm

difference between giving a jumped up journey man 2 grand a week to a guy who you are guaranteed to see a return on. He has produced in europe. Worth very bare minimum 1m. But l guess the prudent thing to do is let him go for nothing . they have the financial clout to turn down derisory offers too. How do you think clubs in small european leagues operate ffs. the league has been run by morons who were happy to let players go for a pittance and no doubt a little for themselves on the side. Clubs in denmark geting a minimum of 5 or 6 million of plaeyrs that are no better
And what happens if he smashes his leg soon after giving him the cash? Or he suddenly loses the appetite to push himself further?* Or any other reason a player's worth might drop. It would be beyond lunacy for Dundalk to do this.

*It appears he is a level headed lad, from what I have heard and read, making this unlikely, before anybody feels the need to point this out.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 6:36pm

Turn down what offers though? He can leave for free, nobody has to offer us anything

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 6:42pm
Would be stunned if he wasnt off to england when his contract is up. Great player. Best player on the pitch last night by a mile
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Turn down what offers though? He can leave for free, nobody has to offer us anything
sort of my whole point on why to get him to sign

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And what happens if he smashes his leg soon after giving him the cash? Or he suddenly loses the appetite to push himself further?* Or any other reason a player's worth might drop. It would be beyond lunacy for Dundalk to do this.

*It appears he is a level headed lad, from what I have heard and read, making this unlikely, before anybody feels the need to point this out.
so no league of Ireland player ever should sign a contract beyond 40 weeks... Missing my point, he will be gone either way, get a few quid for him. I'm not talking of fecking handing him a 100 grand a week 5 year contact ffs. You have to speculate to accumulate.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 6:58pm

so no league of Ireland player ever should sign a contract beyond 40 weeks... Missing my point, he will be gone either way, get a few quid for him. I'm not talking of fecking handing him a 100 grand a week 5 year contact ffs. You have to speculate to accumulate.
You said he was worth a lump sum of one millionConfused
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 8:45pm

if his contract was tied up... Obviously not worth anything if he does'nt which is my entire point.... It's a simple concept

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 8:49pm

if his contract was tied up... Obviously not worth anything if he does'nt which is my entire point.... It's a simple concept
Just completely illogical for all manner of obvious reasons.

Edited by pre Madonna - 30 Sep 2016 at 8:51pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 9:03pm
Well its not illogical if Dundalk thought they could get more for him than they would pay him in any such "lump sum", but it would be a very risky business. Realistically an English team is unlikely to pay much over 100,000 for a LOI player so the amount they'd make off such a move is likely to be fairly limited anyhow.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Well its not illogical if Dundalk thought they could get more for him than they would pay him in any such "lump sum", but it would be a very risky business. Realistically an English team is unlikely to pay much over 100,000 for a LOI player so the amount they'd make off such a move is likely to be fairly limited anyhow.
So it isn't illogical but isn't logical, good man.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 9:15pm

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

sort of my whole point on why to get him to sign

But you are missing the point, how do you "get him to sign" a new contract? There is no reason for a LOI player as good as Horgan to sign a long term deal, makes it easier for him to get a move to the UK when he knows there will be no transfer fee while at the same time knowing if he doesn't get a move across the water he will get a deal here no problem

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 10:30pm

Where did I say it's not logical? They could conceivably make a small profit off such a move so therefore it could very easily be logical. Will they take that risk though, probably not.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 10:57pm

Where did I say it's not logical? They could conceivably make a small profit off such a move so therefore it could very easily be logical. Will they take that risk though, probably not.
All they would need for that is everything to be different.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 11:44pm

What? It basically comes down to the question "Do we believe we can gain more from this than it costs?". If the answer is yes then it's a logical move, at the moment they stand to neither gain nor lose anything from Horgan, if they can flip that situation and even make a small profit off him then it makes sense for both parties.

Edited by The O'Shea - 30 Sep 2016 at 11:46pm
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 11:49pm

What? It basically comes down to the question "Do we believe we can gain more from this than it costs?". If the answer is yes then it's a logical move, at the moment they stand to neither gain nor lose anything from Horgan, if they can flip that situation and even make a small profit off him then it makes sense for both parties.
And all the other factors? This may be the stupidest argument I have faced on the internet, this is insanity! Would a club whose average attendance is a few thousand be sensible in giving a footballer one million quid! I need a f**king beer
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 12:15am
I said nothing about 1 million quid, that was another poster so don't attribute it to me. They could for example offer Horgan say, 90,000 to sign a year long contract if they believed they could then sell him on for over 100,000. Horgan gets 90,000 in his back pocket and Dundalk make a profit off their asset, good business for everyone.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 59>
  Share Topic