You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Horgan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 59>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 9:05pm
Jesus Christ what a player, having an absolute stormer tonight
Sponsored Links

Darrener View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 9:07pm
Considering it was a day where so much focus was going to be on his performance, it's an even better display to perform under the spotlightClap
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 9:24pm
What a ball to pick out, fantastic finish from McMillan too
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 9:32pm
Has to be in the Squad for the Austria game
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 9:32pm
His performance this evening warrants a goal. Outstanding game from him. 89 mins gone, 3-1 up and still chasing back. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 10:37pm
His move (which he surely must get in January) is absolutely crucial that he gets the right one. To see him waste away on a bench like Towell has done would be criminal
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 10:59pm
Should be in the EIRE squad.  O'Neill talking sh*te.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

His move (which he surely must get in January) is absolutely crucial that he gets the right one. To see him waste away on a bench like Towell has done would be criminal

Dont think what happened towell will happen to horgan. Horgan is more naturally gifted which will give him an advantage when stepping up to a higher quality league, whereas towell is more manufactured type player and would have to work a lot harder to reach a higher standard. 

It's a shame how dundalk will get nothing for him as he easily could be the first €1 million euro player from loi if he was on a proper contract. 

Edited by Doyler1993 - 23 Sep 2016 at 11:30pm
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:09pm
After last night's win over the Israelis, it's safe to say Horgan will be plying his trade in England by the end of January.

Apparently MO'N was at the game.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:22pm
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the issue with Dundalk not getting a transfer fee?  Do they not hold his registration or is it the case that they're all on short-term contracts? 

Would be rough if he left for nothing.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the issue with Dundalk not getting a transfer fee?  Do they not hold his registration or is it the case that they're all on short-term contracts? 

Would be rough if he left for nothing.

Short term contracts, most players like Daryl wouldn't sign for more than 40-weeks even if they were offered. Most of the lads signing multi-year are good LOI lads that are unlikely to move on. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:36pm
Cheers. 

That's a kick in the gonads.  A fee for him would well have eclipsed the amounts they're now getting from UEFA.

It's a no-brainer for an English club now.  At least it gives the player a bit more bargaining power about where he goes.   
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:52pm

Cheers. 

That's a kick in the gonads.  A fee for him would well have eclipsed the amounts they're now getting from UEFA.

It's a no-brainer for an English club now.  At least it gives the player a bit more bargaining power about where he goes.   

Sometimes I feel players are better off having the club pay a decent fee for them as they become more of an asset then. Would Towell be in a better position had Brighton paid 800k for him? I'd argue he would. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:54pm

Cheers. 

He's free to leave as his contract expires at end of season, also as hes over the age of 23 there will be no development fee.

Obviously the club have a bit of money to offer him an improved deal and the lure of European football again, but still won't be able to compete with the money across the water.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Cheers. 

Sometimes I feel players are better off having the club pay a decent fee for them as they become more of an asset then. Would Towell be in a better position had Brighton paid 800k for him? I'd argue he would. 

Don't know about that, but they probably wouldn't have spent 800k only to never play him and buy new players in his position the next day
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 3:09pm
they should give him a lump sum to sign, easily worth 1m
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Cheers. 

Don't know about that, but they probably wouldn't have spent 800k only to never play him and buy new players in his position the next day

That's my point by forcing clubs to pay for your services you know they'll take you more seriously on arrival. Doesn't really make sense that he was turning down clubs at the bottom of the Championship and League One to go to Brighton when this happens hours later. I'm sure he's happy with the wage packet but surely he wants to be playing ball. Hopefully Horgan doesn't make the same mistake, what a difference it would make if he hadn't left City. 
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

they should give him a lump sum to sign, easily worth 1m

People like you nearly bankrupted the league a few years back!
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 59>
  Share Topic