Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden O Brien

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 5:06pm
Bump

Nice to have another Irish striker in the championship who's still pretty young.

Any good?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 5:19pm
Good for 10-15 goals in League One from the wing. If he can replicate that in the Championship it would be great
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 5:20pm
He gets a bit of stick from Millwall fans(who doesn't) for being a bit lazy. Still think he is more of a striker than a winger, from what I have seen of him. Hopefully he will push on next season.
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:31pm
scored for millwall tonight. another possible option in the striking department. someone just needs to remind oneill that he's played for us from u17's up to u21's.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

scored for millwall tonight. another possible option in the striking department. someone just needs to remind oneill that he's played for us from u17's up to u21's.

Think he had a one in two notch rate at U21 for us, five in ten, and has a goal from two apps at Championship level so far. Still 23, surprisingly little about him considering our scouring that division for strikers.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 7:53pm
Nice to see O'Brien get some recognition with the call up. 

Delighted for him even if he most likely won't make the final squad. Clap

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:34pm
Is he any good?
It's not me it's you:-)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:50pm
I haven't seen massive amounts of him but from watching the Football League show he was pretty clinical at times last season for Millwall (granted it was League 1 level) and from the few times I've seen him when Millwall were live on Sky, you can see that Aiden is very pacey and direct (raw) 

I suppose with Scott Hogan we're getting a more polished natural striker with high conversion ratio and all round more skillful. 

Still Aiden is only 24, if he can become a 10+ goal a season man in The Championship then happy days.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pepper67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:52pm
is he scoring enough goals to warrent a place?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by pepper67 pepper67 wrote:

is he scoring enough goals to warrent a place?

I don't think that's a requirement to get into an Ireland squad.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

pepper67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:03pm
thats depressing..
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:18pm
Considering he's played the majority of his Millwall career on the wing, I'd say his goalscoring record is pretty good.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Considering he's played the majority of his Millwall career on the wing, I'd say his goalscoring record is pretty good.

I don't think anyone suggested it wasn't?

Long term it probably wouldn't be wide of the mark to suggest he may well move inside and become an out and out striker.

Anyhow I'm delighted there appears to be some effort being made in freshening things up in and around the panel, be it a match day squad or at the very least the extended panel. 

pepper67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:00am
so if he is seen as a better winger for millwall?..its even more depressing we have chosen him as a forward
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 7:48am

so if he is seen as a better winger for millwall?..its even more depressing we have chosen him as a forward

LOL
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 10:50am

Wingers are regularly chosen as forwards in squads, stop trying to make a big deal out of nothing
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 9:26pm
Its nice reading how much getting called up to the senior team means to aiden. Seems he counts himself pretty much as irish. Said that england inquired about him in his teens but he had no decision to make. Always wanted to play in the green. Good man
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Its nice reading how much getting called up to the senior team means to aiden. Seems he counts himself pretty much as irish. Said that england inquired about him in his teens but he had no decision to make. Always wanted to play in the green. Good man

Love that. Have afew mates ive met in uni and theyre all birmingham irish. Always discuss if they would ever considered declaring fot the english and they said not a chance haha. Not that they even got to that level. Good to see tho people properly proud of their heritage. Any chance you can link where ya read this?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic