You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Half of Dalymount Park becoming a Tesco

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by EastStandMan EastStandMan wrote:

Anyone know when the talking stops and the work starts ?. 

Scheduled to start about 15 months from now and be ready for the 2020 season.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sponsored Links

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 2:51pm

End of next season they move into Tolka for 2 years.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Scheduled to start about 15 months from now and be ready for the 2020 season.

,,Thumbs Up
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I see Shels have agreed to give up their claims on Tolka and to be become co-anchor tenants with Bohs.

This is the end of Shels IMO
As opposed to what? Limping from week to week in a literal death trap? At least this gives them a decent facility a mile away at no cost and they can look to move on in time if it doesn't work out as well as Tolka.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 12:24pm
If it's anything like Harps new stadium it will be ready in 3030LOL
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

I see Shels have agreed to give up their claims on Tolka and to be become co-anchor tenants with Bohs.

As opposed to what? Limping from week to week in a literal death trap? At least this gives them a decent facility a mile away at no cost and they can look to move on in time if it doesn't work out as well as Tolka.

Is alright for Rovers to move around grounds, other clubs want to stay were they are!

2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Is alright for Rovers to move around grounds, other clubs want to stay were they are!

Shels have been moving all over dublin since the 50's
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 5:04pm

They very obviously don't want to stay where they are or they wouldn't have agreed to it
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 11:27pm

You are obsessed with Rovers.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:05am
Officially confirmed this morning that shels will move

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Officially confirmed this morning that shels will move

If you're living up there and you're looking for a team to support, you're not going to follow the team that gets 300 people and plays the likes of UCD. Can't be good for Shelbourne.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:35am
I don't see what future they had staying where they were either, also it's not as if they are moving to the otherside of the city.

I can understand why their fans wouldn't be happy but was there any better solutions?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 12:18pm
The other side of the city is where they belong, not now and never will be a northside club.i remember when they got an fair sum to assist doing up their local area before the cup final they chose to decorate a few lampposts in rings end, says it all about their identity.id say all their older fans have a connection to that area.ideal move for them would be irish town if dcc would agree.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 4:00pm

I can understand why their fans wouldn't be happy but was there any better solutions?

Were there any explored?
Was moving to Irishtown or even Morton stadium explored?
I really don't see how they can grow.
That's a pity because there are huge areas in Dublin with no LOI club Swords and Ringsend being the obvious ones.

If there was any thought given to future planning of Shels and the league as a whole this is the last thing that would happen.
Obviously it's driven by servicing debt. But it's clear that Bohs are getting their stadium fixed up and Shels are being brought along for the ride.

Bohs look like a team on the up (new stadium,moving the youth teams into the phoenix park)

Where are the positive signs at Shels?

This would be similar to Cobh Ramblers ground sharing with Cork in Turners Cross.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Were there any explored?
That's a pity because there are huge areas in Dublin with no LOI club Swords and Ringsend being the obvious ones.

If there was any thought given to future planning of Shels and the league as a whole this is the last thing that would happen.
Obviously it's driven by servicing debt. But it's clear that Bohs are getting their stadium fixed up and Shels are being brought along for the ride.

Bohs look like a team on the up (new stadium,moving the youth teams into the phoenix park)

This would be similar to Cobh Ramblers ground sharing with Cork in Turners Cross.

Morton Stadium was tried and is sh*t for football. And despite not having any LOI club at present Ringsend/Irishtown is the historical home of the 2 most successful league clubs in LOI history. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Were there any explored?

Morton Stadium was tried and is sh*t for football. And despite not having any LOI club at present Ringsend/Irishtown is the historical home of the 2 most successful league clubs in LOI history. 

I can't believe that either option would be worse than moving in with Bohs who are building a supporter base slowing and now have excellent youth facilities to attract talent in the area. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Dukla View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:46pm
I think this was the only realistic option for Shels. Tolka is falling apart & there is no money to redevelop it, likewise building a stadium from scratch would cost money that we don't have, & I don't think the council are going to fund the construction or redevelopment of two stadiums.

It's by no means a great option but it's the best we could get. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Were there any explored?

I can't believe that either option would be worse than moving in with Bohs who are building a supporter base slowing and now have excellent youth facilities to attract talent in the area. 
Rubbish. Bohs are on the 'up' because they fell so far. The new training ground facility is because they stopped using Dalyer because the pitch broke.

Bohs have been in D7 for more than 100 years and have had minimal impact on the area and community and we know that they will balls it up. It's in the club's dna.

Shels have a fresh start in a greenfield site a mile from Tolka. They cannot fall any further and if they play it right could do quitwith well when Bohs go pop. Again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic