You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Half of Dalymount Park becoming a Tesco

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Class stadium, looks brilliant.

Excellent facilities = More fans going through the turnstiles 

Thats not true but however its a major plus whatever way its looked at 
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Class stadium, looks brilliant.

Excellent facilities = More fans going through the turnstiles 

Thats not true but however its a major plus whatever way its looked at 

Dayler is a f**king sh*thole at the moment, I bet it's keeping a good few families especially away. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 2:49pm
Usually I'd be of the opinion it will look nothing like thaf/it'll take 10 years for it to be even half finished.
But the council have the money ring fenced. They want to host other events and gigs in it too. I'd say they'll drive it to be completed. Then there's the fact that Dalymount being redeveloped was a part of the Euros bid. None of that stuff was applicable to Tallaght County councils stadium or Finn Harps new one.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 3:35pm
One comment I read in the online article was: 

Any chance of Ireland building a proper 4 sided stadium at some point?

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 4:22pm
Looks brilliant, hopefully it will be built.  Great to have a visual target of what is to be built.  Most sport complex projects in the 2000's were scuppered when the crash came in 2008 but this is the opposite, we are coming out of recession and hopefully into better financial times so there is a very good chance that it will be built.

Edited by ontheball - 05 Feb 2016 at 4:22pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 4:53pm
Hopefully the next step for Ireland will be to host an under 21 European Championship.

The Aviva, Turner's Cross, Thomand, Tallaght Stadium, soon to be renovated Dayler etc all excellent venues. 

Edited by Green Devil - 05 Feb 2016 at 4:54pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
billyoung View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 5:04pm
The cross is the best ground in the country for football, proper ground.im not keen on that design for dalymount but f**k it beggars cant be choosers,just hope its not a souless graveyard atmosphere like tallaght.lego kit "stadiums" dont make for a good football atmosphere somehow.
Rednblackarmy!
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 8:33pm
It wouldn't  be my idea of a design for a new stadium. I hate the curves on the main stands. These modern stadiums all look sh*t bar a few . Would prefer stands to be around the same level all around. Turners cross will still be a better football ground than this.

Edited by PanteirA - 05 Feb 2016 at 8:34pm
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 8:42am
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/demolition-and-rebuild-proposed-for-dalymount-park-1.2537131
Looks like there are already funding problems and the Council are looking to get the shopping centre involved.

"but our opinion is that the stadium is no longer fit for purpose and our preferred option would be the complete demolition and rebuilding"
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 4:39pm
Is there any chance at all of buying back the stand from the owners of the shopping centre? Redevelopment could well end up being more cost effective then the current demolish and rebuild job that's planned.
The shopping centre and stadium development were always going to be linked as I can imagine there would be strong residential objection against proposed never ending work on a stadium and shopping centre.
But as far as asking them to contribute financially, I don't understand why someone who has bought a shopping centre would have any interest in being involved in a stadium redevelopment. It's a bit like your neighbour asking you to get involved in his extension.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 5:17pm
So the shopping centre which was in NAMA has now been sold, these new owners would then own one stand, the new owners are expected to demolish the shopping centre.

I guess anyone that bought the shopping centre would kow the councils plans to develop Bohemian's and that buying it they'd incorporate that into their plans.

BUT

They may have no interest in the redevelopment and have other plans entirely....this could get messy for the councils new plans. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by EastStandMan EastStandMan wrote:

Heard its a five year project and the pitch will be turned 90 degrees . Its the bozos tho so its bound to hit a few speedbumps LOL

Who had the cheek to even suggest such a thing ?????? , oopsWink . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/demolition-and-rebuild-proposed-for-dalymount-park-1.2537131
Looks like there are already funding problems and the Council are looking to get the shopping centre involved.

"but our opinion is that the stadium is no longer fit for purpose and our preferred option would be the complete demolition and rebuilding"

YOUR opinion, which isnt worth much!
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

YOUR opinion, which isnt worth much!

What are you on about Twoinarow?the council’s senior executive officer Jim Beggan said that. You'd expect a senior Council official to know. I don't think anyone can argue Dalymount, like so many other LOI grounds, is fit for purpose.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 9:22pm
http://www.stadiumdesignsummit.com/exclusive-new-dawn-dublin/

"Our average attendance is between 3,000 and 4,000. We haven’t carried out any specific research, but we are anticipating a ‘bounce’ of between 1,000 and 1,500 fans for home games following the redevelopment."
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 11:58am
I see Shels have agreed to give up their claims on Tolka and to be become co-anchor tenants with Bohs.

This is the end of Shels IMO
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I see Shels have agreed to give up their claims on Tolka and to be become co-anchor tenants with Bohs.

This is the end of Shels IMO

While I don't think this is a good move for Shels it's about as good as they could have hoped for considering the level of debt they ran up. If Shels had owned Tolka, the bank would have shut the gates on them a long time ago.

I don't see why they'll fall apart in the immediate term, with their debt cleared they will probably roll along as a mid table FD club. Monaghan lasted over 30 years as a mostly FD club. A miserable existence but an existence.
In 5-10 years time Shels could always sort out a move to Irishtown/Morton or somewhere else.

No one will be forcing Shels to stay in Dalymount.
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 2:47pm
Anyone know when the talking stops and the work starts ?. 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic