Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Half of Dalymount Park becoming a Tesco

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:54am
There was a contract between Rovers, the SDCC and the Department. Didn't stop Thomas Davis delaying the process for 2 years.
Sponsored Links

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:37pm
Is rtid for real? Obviously the model club bias sees no bounds. I do think the deal is advantageous but coming from rovers it is ironic in the extreme.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Is rtid for real? Obviously the model club bias sees no bounds. I do think the deal is advantageous but coming from rovers it is ironic in the extreme.
Why? Rovers never got an FAI bailout, this is Bohs third.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Why? Rovers never got an FAI bailout, this is Bohs third.

It's not like they'd turn it down anyway Wink
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 1:00pm
Offering to help with legal bills if we lost the case, which we didn't, is the same thing as bailing out Dalyer three times? Seriously?
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 1:18pm
Bohs own the land and are bringing it to the table much like rovers did. The debt is being reduced like it is in any restructure deal. If anything pats have most to be aggrieved off considering DCC havent exactly been supportive about a landswap which would see us in Michaels
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 1:26pm
Its a little bit more complicated than 'Bohs own the land' though.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 1:29pm
They don't own two portions of it, that's it really. Smaller footprint probably helps rightsizing the project
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 1:41pm
So you reckon Bohs are going into this as equal partners with something to bring to the table or have no choice and have had to hand over the deeds in order to not go bust?
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 2:59pm

There was a contract between Rovers, the SDCC and the Department. Didn't stop Thomas Davis delaying the process for 2 years.

The FC breached previous agreements with SDCC as far as the CC was concerned when they took the land back away from the control of SRFC.  The FC did bring their Municipality to the High Court but didn't win the case.

With a fresh Plan for the site it gave the opportunity for groups in the Community to question the revised planning process. How should Municipal money be spent? simple enough question.

SRFC received Capital Grants funds from Dept of Sport, it should only be spent of bricks and motar.  SRFC couldn't show they spent the money on that (it's presumed they spent it on Staff) and for one year (maybe 2005 or 2006) all Eircom League clubs were denied Capital Grants because of the breaches of the one club.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

The FC breached previous agreements with SDCC as far as the CC was concerned when they took the land back away from the control of SRFC.  The FC did bring their Municipality to the High Court but didn't win the case.

The land was never in the control of the FC, it was in the control of property developers, who had initially wanted to move St. James Gate to the new ground.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

With a fresh Plan for the site it gave the opportunity for groups in the Community to question the revised planning process. How should Municipal money be spent? simple enough question.

SRFC received Capital Grants funds from Dept of Sport, it should only be spent of bricks and motar.  SRFC couldn't show they spent the money on that (it's presumed they spent it on Staff) and for one year (maybe 2005 or 2006) all Eircom League clubs were denied Capital Grants because of the breaches of the one club.
I'm not here to defend who ran the club in 2005 or rehash old ground, some of the above ins inaccurate, but my point is that if the GAA decide to act the maggot here they will find a loophole. They were gearing up for a full assault on the Fingal project that never happened and even circled the LR rebuild. They haven't gone away etc.

Edited by roverstillidie - 08 Dec 2015 at 3:34pm
Dundrum Rover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dundrum Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 5:06pm
Delighted that Dalyer is being re developed and will stay as a home to LOI. I have had many great nights following both Rovers and Ireland' Both Rovers and Bohs have both been run into the ground in recent times and i do not give a toss about the politics of the redevelopment. Going over there and beating them in their nice new home will taste even better IMO.

Edited by Dundrum Rover - 08 Dec 2015 at 5:08pm
Leitrim_Red View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leitrim_Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 1:55pm
Had one of my finiest football nights ever watching Forest v a Republic Xi here not so long back.

It's a shame yet another historic stadium is set for the 'flatpack' makeover.  That said, I'm pleased to see that it will survive at all. Are there any firm plans for redevelopment yet?

Oh, and if this all goes ahead will Arsenal get first dabs on the floodlights?
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Leitrim_Red Leitrim_Red wrote:

Had one of my finiest football nights ever watching Forest v a Republic Xi here not so long back.

It's a shame yet another historic stadium is set for the 'flatpack' makeover.  That said, I'm pleased to see that it will survive at all. Are there any firm plans for redevelopment yet?

Oh, and if this all goes ahead will Arsenal get first dabs on the floodlights?

People always say Arsenal gave them away for free but they were hardly cheap to bring over and erect ha. I too am happy to see it stay hope it  still has a bit of character about the place. It's a bit magic really  Clap
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 7:59am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 8:27am

€18,000 cost in 1962 according to the Bohs website.  Of course that could have been the cost of bringing them over and possibly a match fee included.

Note Arsenal played in the inaugural game under the lights as well.  Dick O'Connor (Limerick) scored the opening goal but Arsenal beat a Bohs XI 8-3.   

Edited by gspain - 05 Feb 2016 at 10:49am
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 9:03am
Looks like Thomond Park!
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic